Archived The Server Money For Inactive Players

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomdorr

High Council member of The Algorian Empire
Reaction score
So I saw there was a ridiculous amount of inactive silver on massivecraft, I would like to suggest a plugin that recycles money, so if a player has been offline for well over two months 60 days + unless stated by the player that they would be offline that long for any understandable reason (maybe in hospital for a few months) the money be removed or become accessible buy the server, so maybe it could auto deposit to a server side faction maybe a regalian bank could be created for this purpose, it could contest mecharic for business and maybe even include indemnity that would stop mods using there own money, this I feel would kick start massivecraft incredibly slow economy and maybe make those 1000 silver shop not look so expensive?

My thoughts

I personally would like to see a /will plugin to allow my money to auto deposit to a player of my choosing

Would make long term bans more severe if they loose there cash!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know that there have been a couple times I went inactive for various reasons. When you go inactive, you lose anything that isn't in an ender chest. You lose your gear, your faction, your social standing, everything. At the end of the day, when you finally make it back, it's nice to know that you still have some silver to buy what you need so you don't die in the wilderness trying to join a new faction, or that all the time you spent killing mobs and running shops was worth it. It's like when you put a few dollars somewhere, then a few months later when you happen across the spot, you get a nice little surprise. :3 I wouldn't want to see people lose their money, because life happens. Things can't always be predicted, and a lot of hard work already goes down the drain when something comes up. I understand the concern, but I can only imagine how bad it would have felt to know that when I came back last time, and I would have had nothing but a few carrots, some armor, and some coal in an ender chest, with no means of getting back my hard earned money.

this meme shall explain
futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-good-idea-or-just-a-really-really-really-really-bad-idea-777d10.jpg

I was thinking about a will plugin the other day actually. Agreed.

Sounds a unfair. People spend their time making money and just because they don't use it, because they are inactive does not mean they should have it taken away and dispersed.

Sounds a unfair. People spend their time making money and just because they don't use it, because they are inactive does not mean they should have it taken away and dispersed.

They always have the option to put it in Mecharic's bank if they know they will be inactive a while.

So more business for him.

From experience, if your going to the hospital you don't have time to let anyone on MassiveCraft know so they will keep your silver safe. At that point staying alive is the priority. In real life, the medical bills will make you feel like you lost everything, having a game to go to that doesn't have the same problems as real life can be reassuring.

This would certainly assure that formerly active players wouldn't come back, may keep formerly inactive players from giving the server a new try, and might encourage more spectacular bans for people who are leaving.

If it is decided to do something with this silver, it should be deleted, and reset to 30s if it was above 30s.

From now on, when I go to parties... I'm going to put lit fuses into my hat and beard. I also may shave my mustache.

I like the /will plugin. But I don't like the idea of recycling money. This is because people expect to come back to their silver after going inactive due to [insert reason here]. So I don't like the idea of recycling silver, but the /will idea is good for people who either have gotten banned, leaving the server, or just giving it away.

EDIT: The "have gotten banned" statement came out wrong, I meant to say so people IF they get banned know their silver will go to their friends.

I know that there have been a couple times I went inactive for various reasons. When you go inactive, you lose anything that isn't in an ender chest. You lose your gear, your faction, your social standing, everything. At the end of the day, when you finally make it back, it's nice to know that you still have some silver to buy what you need so you don't die in the wilderness trying to join a new faction, or that all the time you spent killing mobs and running shops was worth it. It's like when you put a few dollars somewhere, then a few months later when you happen across the spot, you get a nice little surprise. :3 I wouldn't want to see people lose their money, because life happens. Things can't always be predicted, and a lot of hard work already goes down the drain when something comes up. I understand the concern, but I can only imagine how bad it would have felt to know that when I came back last time, and I would have had nothing but a few carrots, some armor, and some coal in an ender chest, with no means of getting back my hard earned money.
From experience, if your going to the hospital you don't have time to let anyone on MassiveCraft know so they will keep your silver safe. At that point staying alive is the priority. In real life, the medical bills will make you feel like you lost everything, having a game to go to that doesn't have the same problems as real life can be reassuring.

This would certainly assure that formerly active players wouldn't come back, may keep formerly inactive players from giving the server a new try, and might encourage more spectacular bans for people who are leaving.

If it is decided to do something with this silver, it should be deleted, and reset to 30s if it was above 30s.
The theory of indemnity states that it would leave you in the same financial state as before, therefore the staff should be able to track the movement of silver and see what you had before the incident meaning that staff would be able to indemnify the player, players should be able to apply for the indemnity after the event and if the staff trust you or have the evidence to show them then this should not be a worry, this idea revolves around money pooling much like real insurance the only problem I could see would be discerning which are fraudulent claims

Status
Not open for further replies.