Archived The Removal Of Anti-cheat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd would be insanely happy with this plugin if 1. The NPC became invisible, 2. If you don't get rubber banded back to the NPC if you're running/falling/jumping/lagging. 3. You don't hit the NPC upon jumping, but thanks for a response @Cayorion. It's good to see some feedback about the plugin especially since all of us have been having really bad experiences lately.

From my perspective, it's fixed alot of the issues, the only thing I seem to be noticing is that the Anti-Cheat bot will sometimes be named after someone within your loaded chunks. Just a little strange thing.

From my perspective, it's fixed alot of the issues, the only thing I seem to be noticing is that the Anti-Cheat bot will sometimes be named after someone within your loaded chunks. Just a little strange thing.
Ya. It switched from random numbers and letters to online player names. But cay said the visibility of the name tags will be gone with the next restart/update

On a side note. Quick question. Will the particles stop too? Now that the npc's are completely invisible?

Only change i noticed was that i dont take damage when i jump from 2 blocks high, stuttering/freeze screen, ping still same.

Still getting kicked for "KillAura" and hitreg still sucks. On a positive note, I'm getting rubberbanded less.

We can still see the names of npc's, and the poor hit registration is still there. There is also the occasional autoban.

To be honest, until you fix it fully, I suggest you remove AntiCheat because to be honest there isn't exactly a hacker epidemic on the server at the moment. Potentially banning ONE possible hacker as opposed to dozens of false positives. I logged on today and within about 30 minutes I had been kicked FOUR times for KillAura. The reduction in player experience (I was literally considering quitting after the experience with the AntiCheat as broken as it is) simply outweighs the potential hackers that may be on the server. Again, I am not saying there should be NO AntiCheat, simply a working one.

After the ghost changed to use random player names yesterday it got worse for me. I still couldn't climb a mountain because the thing prevented me to jump (not even one block high and at one point I got caught between the ghost and .. I don't know what. The edge of the block I wanted to climb onto? I had to relog, trying to catch the logout button as if caught on a fence). I eventually gave up on that mountain and went to do something else than exploring. I had to relog several times (and wait) because I couldn't place blocks, even after I teleported away and went back to the spot it wouldn't work until I relogged. Plus I lag heavily when just walking through our faction (which was NEVER the case before), seeing others jump around like the teleporter (Nightcrawler) in X-men, suddenly disappearing and turning up again two chunks further.

For me the ghost is now also more visible than before. Whereas before I had to look up and turn the camera to a certain angle or get hit to see the bot, I now always catch names of players I know, asking myself "How the heck did you get in here?", before realizing it's the anti-cheat. It's like seeing someone in the corner of your eyes. Switching the camera angle to the view from behind or the front is then enough to see the bot hoovering around me, switching names. It's really annoying to constantly think there is someone beside (not even above) me while playing from the first view and the particles give me a claustrophobic feeling of the ceiling crashing onto me. I first thought I would get used to it with the time, but it's annoying (to say the least) to play like that. It's like going crazy and seeing people everywhere, even thought there is "nothing".

In other words: I really look forward to more tweaks and adjustments and hope this isn't the final form yet.

Yet another update to the configuration. The anti kill aura NPC is now be entirely invisible. The floating name tag should be gone as well.

I removed the .minecraft folder, initiated again (with vanilla, i was using forge) and stuttering is gone. I'll keep trying diferent configs for the launcher (vanilla & forge).

Last edited:
We'd like to hear more updates from players on issues they are experiencing with AAC.

-See Following Post-

Last edited:
I have updated the plugin and the configuration once again.
  • Block place and interact should now work better.
  • There should also be less rubberbanding.
  • There should also be less weird artifacts when jumping.

I'm going to go ahead and close this topic down, as at this time we are not looking at removing the AAC plugin. I am not rejecting the thread though, as I am not Direction staff. I will, however, lock it to funnel AAC commentary to where we can review issues.

If you have any feedback, please do post here:

https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/aac-updates-feedback.38523/

Last edited:
MvHGBNg.jpg

Still beeing entities around my player. (I can see the names while using ZyinsHUD Mod, with the locate Key (P))

Sometimes when I stand i can see some particles like people walking and this particles are sync with the names that appear in the image. (This happens with Forge & Vanilla)

(NPC bot dissapeared 100%)

Last edited:
Gets 78 votes to remove. Staff fix all the issues and continue to keep this an active issue until the issue is resolved so they don't have to forgo having an anticheat program
Really? Because in my experience, and the experience of many of my friends in Deldrimor, the experience hasn't changed at all. The only change has been the NPC becoming invisible, quite insignificant in light of the more glaring issues (rubberbanding, false positives, hitreg, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.