Player Progression Story The Regalian Dragonhunters: On The Prowl

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by HydraLana, Mar 22, 2019.

1. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

At the command of their leader Leufred du Brierüst, the Regalian Dragonhunters moved out into the City of Regalia in pursuit of leads on Dragons, Witchbloods and many other associated matters. The first of these groups were Frankie Laurent and Eleonora Corinna du Kirscht, sent into the Slums and Sewers despite the latter’s illegality. The two women get looks, especially Frankie, as her blond hair and physical figure catch the eyes of many but their green eyes also attract attention. Fortunately for them, they do not need to venture into the Sewer as after slipping quietly into the last hole-in-the-wall on their list of places to visit, they overhear a muttered conversation between two individuals. In low tones in a dark corner, Ley Lines and a family called Saelanan come up but the two can’t get much closer before one of the individuals notices them. He promptly stops his conversation and shamelessly flirt with Frankie, to the point of lewdness, and the two women leave. The man then returns to the shadows with his companion and resumes his conversation.

Faust Sokolov, the next person sent out with a mission, is asked to go and examine his various Darkwald records. Unfortunately, not only does he not really like anybody and not try that hard, but Dragonbloods and Witchbloods are too recent for what records he has, rendering what knowledge he has access to in the capital relatively useless. Freya Grey on the other hand, proved to be quite useful. Using her job at the Willow to talk to people, listen in on others and generally nose around all levels of Regalian society who passed through the establishment, she turned up something of interest to the Dragonhunters. Two men from the Regalian Scholar’s Court speak to each other of a Marayan Dragon Scholar they recently ran into who was not a member of the Court. While their discussion of him and his merit mainly focused on his Race, it does indeed sound like this man could have great knowledge! She hurries on to avoid being suspicious.

Leufred and Theresa of Linau themselves went to the Court of Scholars, seeking to investigate the Anglian Mist and the wave of green lightning that assisted in clearing it. Unfortunately, everyone they ask has absolutely no information on the phenomena beyond barebone theories. As with many other recent magical happenings in Regalia, much of the scholarly community is hopelessly lagging behind. As for Emeline Delmotte, her schmoozing and refined manner with other women and even some men of the Regalian nobility in the city from across the Empire almost turned up very little. But, at her last little get together, she ran into just the piece of gossip she wanted to report back to the rest of the group. She heard from a minor baron that House Norrvakt had been looking into Dragon related matters recently, perhaps they could have knowledge to aid the group. As for talking with the common folk, Thomas of Rothburg, Valente dei Pasqua and Wesley Crawford all come up with nothing.

In short, while many of the members had failed, they still had some healthy rumors to go on that could possibly lead them to good information about what they sought to learn.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nixces

Nixces N/A

The Witchblood huffed as she left at Leo's side. "I feel as if I have to fill my poor ears with holy water to fully cleanse those lewd comments out of my head. I should really take Faust up on that binder.."

3. notjayp

notjayp aye

"You're tellin' me I sat around with a lightning bug for hours and I got /nothing/ for it?" The mercenary sighed, before going over to his favorite bar for a drink.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. alianon

alianon . Supremium

Faust closed the cover on a children's story time book, found upon his search for dragonic insight. It didn't offer anything substantial, as could be predicted by it being for young children, but he enjoyed the pictures. Maybe Theresa'll like this.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Theresa gave a small sigh and rubbed her forehead after the long struggle throughout Common conversations. After a moment, she stated aloud, "That was... pointless."

But she'd definitely like picture books.

6. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

Fathiyaa chuckled hearing the news of the Dragonhunters and their search. She shook her head, lacking her horns and other dragonic features in her Lesser Form. "Have they forgotten about the Songaskians in this city?" She cackled faintly turning away from the counter with in the Golden Willow. "I'm sure they'd have more luck finding such information with us than in the sewers and slums of this city."​