The Parlay And Departure

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Apr 24, 2015.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

On the morning of the 24th of April 303 AC, a small riverboat with a number of city officials row their way across the Crown river separating the Imperial districts from the rest of the city. Qadir warships eerily loomed over the small rowboat as it passed their poised cannons, Qadirs in rows along the ships sides prepared for any sort of betrayal of the Parlay. The Imperial command in Regalia had requested a meeting with the Qadir. Some troops had rolled cannons into the burnt district which had only stopped burning some days before, hoping to be ready in case the Qadir lashed out at the officials on the rowboat. But the Qadir did not, and for hours, the officials were on the other side of the river.

As time passed, a first civilian Regalian ship docked in the harbor, carrying city officials with stacks and stacks of paperwork and records. As the hours of the Imperial command being on the Qadir side went by, more and more civilian transport ships moored at the harbor. The officials arriving explained that these transports were all part of the plan of the Imperial command, should the Qadir strike a bargain with the Imperials. The Qadir had spent the days since the fire in the bridge district looting the palazzo's, estates, castles and even the Imperial Palace of the Imperial district. Their ships were heavy with the treasures, statues of the Emperors, paintings, jewelry and tonnes of gold looted from the nobility who were out of Regalia. Not only that, the Qadir had looted the granaries before, stashing all of the food on their ships.

At the hour of noon, the rowboat made its way back to the Regalian side and commanded the troops to stand down for what was to happen next. The Qadir spent the next five hours dumping weapons, unloading cannons and throwing any military material they could assemble into the crown river, sinking deep beyond the reach of the Regalians. They stripped their ships of any gear, disabled the rudders and sails, but did not actually bring them to sinking. Some of the Regalian transport ships that had arrived earlier on the day loaded the troops on the Imperial district side, searched them of any contraband and then sailed due east. As the ships carrying the remainder of the Qadir forces sailed off beyond the horizon, rows of Regalian battleships sailed into port and anchored around the port itself. Rowboats of soldiers made their way to the Imperial districts and started unloading the valuables from the Qadir ships, moving them into warehouses and establishing security in the district that looked like a warzone. The Imperial districts had been utterly abandoned, window drapings gracefully danced in the wind from windows as the streets were filled with broken furniture and bottles.

The soldiers spent the next few days cleaning up and fortifying the Imperial guard and the Imperial command. The civil authorities lead by the administration of the Empire formally returned to Regalia, relieving the Imperial guard of their temporary control over the city. It was even whispered at this point that the Emperor to be was soon to return to Regalia within days. Whatever he deemed to do about the Qadir that left behind and the slaves that were still in Regalia was a hotly debated topic in the street, as was the safety of the city. The Imperial Guard's counter coup to the original usurpation of the city guard resulted in a steady decline of armed forces available for controlling the city. The Violet Order was staffed down to 40% of its recommended numbers, and some districts were completely without guards patrolling the streets, crime running rampant.

News similarly came from the Caliphene republic that the Heraatz Rebels had surrendered and fled in the thousands into the deserts of New Ceardia. The Imperial forces turned south with the intention of invading Farah'deen itself, as the embarrassed Empire now had to reclaim its honor. No news was heard of the Orcs and Dwarves that had invaded the south of Qadiriyye. The last heard news was that they destroyed a series of coastal cities, after that, all messages ceased. The Imperial court now started to consult itself to decide whether to continue the war, or to call for a truce with the Qadir. The Qadir fleet had been utterly decimated by the Regalian vanguard fleets, far making up for the battle fleets lost near the Rim Isles, but the Qadir still possessed the superior army. The topic of the Maiar was also raised. Their aid to the Qadir was fundamental for the invasion of Regalia, and Regalia wished revenge. The coming weeks would dictate much and uncertainty continued to grip the city as the treasury, administration and food supplies from Anglia and beyond were slowly being restored.

• Winner Winner x 7
  2. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

3. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

They're gone... they're finally gone...
    CELEBRATION!!!!!!

4. krios41

krios41 Privjet

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Lord_Deadpool

Lord_Deadpool the bugmaster of roleplay

In short: Regalia nearly got rofl stomped

6. Simcity_4

Simcity_4 QUIS CONTRA NOS?

woooooooooooo party time

(party)

7. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

HOUSE ALVARIS
    ------------------------------
    Kemion saw the remaining ships of the Qadir leave Regalia, and finally gave a sigh of relief. He could finally sleep easily, knowing that the Qadir menace was gone. This could open opportunities for Alvaris: With all the destroyed houses in the Imperial District, he could supply the lumber needed, and likely gain credibility for it. He rushed to his desk, eager to write a letter to the Kades explaining the idea.

8. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit

The Real question is that will the slaves be freed?

Also, I am still confused as hell about the Crownguard matter. I thought they were rebelling against the Qadir. Were they against the Kades as well?

Anyhow, character post.

Micheal Corcairdhearg

He smiled, pleased with the turn of events. Now that the mudskins were gone, it meant he had breathing room once again. The added bonus of the guards being few in number meant that his runners and smugglers were running into far less resistance, though it equally meant he had to have more of his men protecting goods from potential thieves. The incident at Lichtblick was a warning, a sign that all with wealth would need to remain vigilant against. He had little idea on what the best course of action was in that regard, and did the only thing he could do, which was to remind his men to keep their eyes open, and their arms ready.

His brother had been spared by the flames of the Bridge District, something he had truly been grateful for. Thanking the Light, he continued his company business as usual, glad that some inflow of goods still existed. While much of Regalia's wealth had been taken, he intended to see to it that the Corcairdheargs and the Schoenbergs were in control of most of it.

9. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

((Give the Slizar unlimited resources and I PROMISE we'll start re-summoning the Sea Serpents to eat the Maiar.))

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

Wait... Does this mean that the tavern's bar will reopen? I'm working on a character app so I can get a job there. Even when it was open, it was rarely occupied! This must change...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. InktoberGlow

InktoberGlow Regalian Pioneer

Maple Blossom, Vanilla Valenso, E'ami Valenso, Kailani, Aruna, and ???
    The Naylar seedling Yanar stood at the edge of the poor district, accompanied by her friends of multiple races. They all watched the ships of Qadir leaving and the fleet arriving. Kailani, the eldest of the group and a Maiar, watched as the Qadir dumped thier weponry into the sea. Former slave Dakkar Aruna broke the silence of the others who were watching with her. "What happens now, guys? What about Maple?" Kailani kept her gaze locked on the ships, while Vanilla the Tigran spoke. "Maple's owner has been gone for awhile. If the Qadir are leaving she might be set free." The Yanar sighed, putting a hand to the golden collar on her. She had already discarded the brown vest she was given so she could have more room for plant life on her. "If Mistress is gone and Regalia returns to normal again, I can get this off me.." The Yanar sounded sad, as if doubting herself. "It almost seems unlikely I'll be able to get this off me, but time might tell."
    Sneakily approaching, a new figure spoke behind them. "Turn arounnd..~" the female voice said, but spoke in Zasta. Startled by the new voice in an unknown language, the five whipped around, simutaneously opening thier mouths to speak in confusion. The new person took this exact moment to open a bottle and mist the closely gathered group with a small cloud, each person getting enough of the liquid to fall nauseous and quickly kneel, each feeling very tired..

(Oh snap, Mu-Allar char pulls trick on other chars. This is just a good way to explain where all my chars go while I'm offline :P)
    @CheshireKitten @DiamDragon @thecrazy13 @Nare @Springheel @Wilvahelm @da_CamelQueen @MasterMetaphor

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit

Don't trust him! Get some Allar in there and use Chemical Warfare!

13. Silent_Ruler

Silent_Ruler Scrapper.

NO!
    Am I the only one who believes an embarrassed and losing Regalia is more interesting than a happy ending?
    Continue the war!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MrHappyTinkles

MrHappyTinkles Block-Put-Togetherer

If you think that thousands of citizens dying in riots, renewed political turmoil, rampant crime, and a broken empire is a 'happy' ending, I shudder to think what you would consider a sufficient end to this Regalian war.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. trent_rouls

trent_rouls That Red Haired Nerd. Staff Member Lore2

16. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Quick! Throw in a plot twist where Behesael escapes his statue prison and possesses someone!

17. Brycea111

Brycea111 Mithrilian Navy and Knight Of Mithril

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  18. D3RPOSAURUS

D3RPOSAURUS Lady Milahme Cone!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  19. Silent_Ruler

Silent_Ruler Scrapper.

Yes, I am aware.
    Continue your shuddering.
    (bandit)

20. Seria602

Seria602 Refugee

Ok... can someone please give a short summary of what all just happened since that fire in the bridge thing. I'm having trouble piecing the stories together. Although I must say, these staff have EXCELLENT writing abilities. second, is there an actual Fah'deehn city we can visit, or is it just lore? Third, who is the emperor? And lastly, although I'm not sure if this is the right place to write it, Please MR. Emperor don't give in to peer pressure! Let us keep our slaves! Or, if that isn't possible, we could meet in the middle: Let those with slaves keep their slaves now, but ban any future slavery. Or something. I like slaves....

• Like Like x 1
  21. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Fire burned down a lot of stuff, lots of people died, were burned or hurt, rebellion was then arrested by Cedric Kade and Tristan Lampero's forces, clinics top floors broke down, city officials agreed to let the Qadir out of the 30% of the city they still controlled and now they're busy setting stuff up for the impending arrival of more important people.

22. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

[​IMG]
    Everyone Approves!

I don't always post approval gifs, but when I do
    I post almost every single one of them.

Music to go with it -

Skip to 3:05

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Zombiel3ait

Zombiel3ait Wolf of the Veer

Does this mean we can get drunk and party in the streets yet?

24. Th3_Drunk_Monk

Th3_Drunk_Monk Regalian Burgher

THE TIME HAS COME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE OCEAN!!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

So does this mean that we'll get to see some Farahdeen maps when Regalia inevitably attacks the Qadir there?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Terence29

Terence29 "Kittyhulk"

There already is one. Type /tp PvP to see more. :P

28. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

I thought that was Farah'deen! I just wasn't sure. Is Arach'ne also part of Farah'deen? It would actually be pretty epic if, instead of actually attempting to make any 1 map as Farah'deen, all of the PvP and PvE maps (and maybe another Non-violent Quest World) were made there.

29. Macroreptilia

Macroreptilia professional at living

...That would be very interesting.

30. Terence29

Terence29 "Kittyhulk"

Arach'n is technically part of the northern Farah desert isles, though the spider temple and everything that happened there is only a tale and never actually happened in Alorian lore. I'm actually not too sure myself if the island itself as a location is part of the lore.

31. Bounden

Bounden Particular Pirates

[​IMG]
    HOUSE BLACK
    A courier ran the frozen port town in Nordland. News that the blockade was finally lifted on Regalian. The courier, out of breath, barge through the tavern doors yelling out the marvelous news. A small group huddled by the fire, don in black furs. Most of them bared the common looks of Northerners except for one. As the the news went to the ears of everyone in the tavern, one got to his feet. With an ample grin, he left the tavern and returned to the manor he called home. His sister was already packed when he walked into her room. "Is the ship ready?"

The ship left the day after. Aboard was Neil and Jocelyn Black. When the ship drew into the Regalian harbor, Neil quickly procured a warehouse for trading use. After buying the warehouse, he promptly wrote a letter meant for his brother.

Dear Brother,

In light of the recent removal of the blockade, Jocelyn and I have landed here in Regalia. The city is not how you described it your earlier letters. Hopefully the Qadir haven't left this mark on the whole of the city. Jocelyn and I are by the harbor in a warehouse we have bought. Do send a guide to show us around the city. It would be bad end up lost before I found my brother.

Sincerely,
    Neil Orlando Black
    @Film_Noir @The_Shadow_King3 @Amb @MayItSnow

• Like Like x 1