The Ministry Of Commons

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Ryria, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Ministry of Commons, established by his Imperial Holiness on the 10th of April 306AC, is the mediator between the nobility and the common people. Those within the ministry are expected to frequently converse with the common folk and those of blueblood alike, soothing any unwanted behavior on the part of the commoners and reporting any noble corruption to the appropriate authorities.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Minister of Commons - Agatha Harhold @Ryria
    The minister of commons makes all final decisions concerning issues brought to the ministry, communications with the Imperial authorities and authorities, control the appointment and placement of clerks, and determines the structure of the ministry.

Herald of the City Proper - VACANT
    The Herald of the City Proper acts as the Minister’s assistant in the districts of the middle class. The Herald expands the range of opinions that could potentially not be found by the Minister due to time constraints or the simple fact that the Minister is busy with others. The Herald also speaks on behalf of the Minister, spreading news, and announcements from the Imperial Court or the Ministry that are of importance.

First Deputy - Eric Decimar @Ghirko
    The Assistant of the Herald and takes on the Herald’s role when said Herald is unavailable.

Herald of the City Slums - Sophie Perrot @Patsie
    The Herald of the City Proper acts as the Minister’s assistant in the districts of the Lower class. The Herald expands the range of opinions that could potentially not be found by the Minister due to the known dangers of the City’s slums. The Herald also speaks on behalf of the Minister, spreading news, and announcements from the Imperial Court or the Ministry that are of importance.

First Deputy - Djanira Acosta @essentialess
    The Assistant of the Herald and takes on the Herald’s role when said Herald is unavailable.

The Court Scribe - VACANT
    The Court Scribe is the ministry’s master of paperwork. Writing down the Meeting Minutes and the happenings of audiences. The Court Scribe also is tasked with keeping track of all documents accumulated by the Ministry and the penning of declarations and announcements for the Ministry.

The Master of Ceremonies - Aesling Sylfina @Bellarmina
    The Master of Ceremonies is almost what you can call the Ministry’s own Effleur, an individual who helps organize events for the Ministry and acts as a public relations advisor to the Minister.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Different from the other ministries, there is no application template. Those eager to apply will have to write to impress, listing any and all skills they may possess. The minister of Commons will be extremely picky about who she allows working alongside her, holding a very high degree of expectation. Applicants must be lawful and upstanding citizens, for background checks and inquiries on the character will be performed. Those easily prone to anger and frustration need not apply, due to the delicate procedure of dealing with both the nobility and the common people.

• Winner Winner x 15
    #1 Ryria, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Ghirko

Ghirko Snek Intensifies

To the Minister Agatha Harhold,

I am writing to pledge my interest in the First Deputy role. I have worked my way from the bottom to become First class and the Grand Captain of the Vigilant Shield, though this is partially I am interested in an assistant role. I don't wish to jeopardise either positions as a result of time commitments. Furthermore, my nature of being a Slizzar born to serve has given me the experience and mind-set I require to be an assistant and help with the advancement of the city. I am a known face to the middle class and an impartial person to relay opinions to. I can assure you that my additions will be a great benefit.

Spirit bless,
    Eric Decimar

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Dear Minister of Commons, Lady Agatha Harhold,

I, Nathaniel Treviskis, am seeking out employment in the Ministry of Commons as the Herald of the Slums district. In my opinion there isn't anyone more suited for the work that leads ahead for the Herald position, I've scouted, worked, and thrived within the slums in my youth- trying to get by until learning how to write instead of getting myself into trouble. Any true 'lawful' citizen has dirt on there name, and I'm no exception, because a person needs to hit the bottom before they can rise up again. If you do end up declining my application because I've spoken of my history, and have been more honest with you, Minister, then the next 'Knight of Greatness' that sends a letter your way, you've chosen wrong. The position should be held by someone who has spent their time, and years within the district and knows what the people need. How not to start a total war between gangs and guard- as there is now. All I need is your trust, and for you to truly think on it. Something that is hard to earn through a letter. I thank you for reading this over.

With Highest Regards, Nathaniel Treviskis
    Someone who can write a decent letter

----------​

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #3 TalkChat, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

To the virtuous Lady Harhold,

I write to you with the intention of serving your ministry as the Herald of the City Slum. Inside I have included my formal résumé.

Aside from my current position within the Crimson Inquisition, I have previously termed under the Arcane Office and have graduated from the School of History, ensuring my expertise in Pre-Cataclysm, Post-Cataclysm, and Nelfin history. I now hold dual positions within the Scholar Ministry under the Arcane and Historian departments, also offering my distinct knowledge of the aberrant kind to their union. I should mention my classification as a White Mage as well, as I have studied the Celestial discipline for the majority of my life.

Not only have I been forced into the district in the past, but my history as a scholar for the state has allowed me to personally understand the will and behavior of the lower class. You can see further proof of this in my work alongside Lord Inquisitor du Pont. I offer my voice to you and the slum people, and, with this skillset, I believe I am the most qualified applicant you will receive for this position.

I would be honored to further detail my career with you in person if you so wish.
    Eager,
    Djanira Pérez-Carrión Acosta

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

To Minister Lady Agatha Harhold,

I write to you to show my interest in reaching out for either being the Herald of the Slums or the First Deputy. My name is Senobia Lefevre and I have spent my time in the slums for an enormous amount of time. I work as a mock doctor as well within the slums in an Emporium shop known as The Hideaway. Now I am certain you are wondering why you should pick someone such as a lowly slum dwellers but I’d like to note that I have experience in speaking with various groups and having worked for nobility in the past. I’d also like to make it clear that I do tend to throw many events within the slums, from small parties to even helping my husband throw a mock ball for slum dwellers. Despite some previous issues with the guards I’d still like it if you gave me a shot with this job. And to note if it matters, I am a half-elf.
    Sincerely
    - Senobia Lefevre

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ryria

7. Woodwork

Woodwork Suzzies mother

To her Excellency Agatha Harhold,

I Alistair Mordred Howlester wish to apply to the position of the Herald of the City Proper, it is within my experience, I a noble am well aware of the etiquette of Noble Behaviour but also due to my work travelling Aloria as a Mercenary but more importantly a Sword Smith dealing with customers and noble alike I find myself confident to represent both. I am an aged man but not an old man, my demeanour is calm and thinking before I act and find the peaceful and mutual solution first before any other action, this is due to my experience gained in my long life travelling. It is true, I am a warrior but an ageing one and I can not do it forever and I wish to to serve the Empire for as long as I can before my body finally decides to give in.

I look forward to hearing back.

Your's sincerely,
    Alistair Mordred Howlester

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Bellarmina

Bellarmina Mirrors? Staff Member Lore2

make smaller.png
    To the Honorable Lady Agatha Harhold,

I, Aesling Sylfina, wish to apply for the position of Master of Ceremonies. Prior experience in hosting and organizing events,such as the multitude of circus events and smaller performances around the city. As well as that has happened in the city as well as working with the former Grand Effleur Sigurna Wodenstaff for the performances at the last Imperial Gala. It would be a great honor to work under you in this position. I await your decision.

Spirit's Blessings, Aesling Sylfina
    make smaller.png

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ryria

The following have been accepted for Ministerial positions:

Father Bohdan @ItsNotMarkus - Herald of the City Proper
    Eric Decimar @Ghirko - First Deputy
    Sophie Perrot @Patsie - Herald of the Slum
    Djanira Acosta @essentialess - First Deputy
    Melodie Valeur @Mistles - Master of Ceremonies
    Aesling Sylfina @Bellarmina - Master of Ceremonies

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ryria

The Herald of the City proper and Ministry Scribe seats are both now vacant!

• Like Like x 1