Aloria Story Progression The Mess Before Consultation

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, May 20, 2017.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The rebellion in Drixagh was about to become a whole lot more complicated, and that a day before the Diet of Consultation for the Undercrown. The Lieutenant General of the Kaisermark, Dietrich Drache, was in league with the Inspector Admiral of the Obermark, Eirik Valdemarr, to plot against the barons of Drixagh. Upon arrival, Eirik was permitted to treat with the locals, a plea of amnesty granted by the Lieutenant-General. The deal was essentially that, given Erik’s record of being a “true” Northerner, that the locals and the tribesmen would pledge allegiance to his family and oust the Barons. The Barons (which in their ousted position were mostly present in the Kaisermark base camp) were “permitted” to Honor duel Eirik Valdemarr for the title. Obviously, none of the Barons accepted the claim that the Kaisermark would reinforce such a barbaric tradition, or that they would need to defend their legally appointed title at all from a usurper backed by a faux-general. Unfortunately, the locals did see Valdemarr as a better alternative to being slaughtered by the Regalian Army, and they had essentially succeeded in ousting the Barons, so they accepted the pledge in massive numbers. One village and tribe after another toppled like a set of dominos, and before long the entire Northern rebellion had essentially been vanquished.

At the cost of awarding almost a third of Drixagh’s lands to Eirik Valdemarr, making the Count the largest landholder in the North.

The Barons could almost not contain their outrage, but they also weren’t in the position to do anything. The rebellion had deprived them of their lands and troops, and so they all moved to Regalia to swarm the Judiciary, accusing the Kaisermark and Eirik Valdemarr of colluding to usurp the Emperor’s authority when it came to appointing and removing legal title ownership. In fact, the Judiciary became so swamped with over 130 dispossessed barons that the building was simply closed as the Barons refused to leave or permit anyone else to enter until their woes were legally addressed. Whether there was a legal basis to this was uncertain. It could certainly said that title revocation and appointment were solely a right of the Emperor, but technically they had not actually revoked any titles. Nominally speaking, the Barons had already lost all influence on their land by the time the rebellion occurred. Furthermore, some at court would argue that fait-accompli was the most pragmatic way to deal with this. Had the Barons retaken their lands with force, this would have resulted in decades of instability in the region much like Vultaro, and repeat rebellions were assured among the Northern folk. Right now, the Lieutenant-General Dietrich Drache had essentially pacified a rebellion in Drixagh without losing the life of a single Regalian soldier, a feat in and of itself, and with Valdemar in the lead, the people seemed more assured that their culture and traditions would be respected.

There was no formal response to the situation from the Crown. The Emperor simply indicated that while the title passage may have occurred, he would not recognize Eirik Valdemarr as a Revain, the de facto title size to his family’s name. He furthermore deferred the problem to the Diet of Consultation, where the topic would certainly be hotly debated by the contestants for the position of Undercrown, which in itself would also determine the future of this Kaisermark and Valdemarr plot.

The Crown was after all fairly occupied in the east, where the Lieutenant-General had finally made a full move of aggression against the Songaskia. Songaskia shipping was aggressively being attacked, and finally the last straw that caused a declaration of war from the Masaya of Farahdeen was the raiding of a Songaskia slave ship by Regalian warships. The war with the Mirnoye had been avoided, a curiosity in itself since this was the first time in three centuries of the Empire’s existence that it had acquiesced to foreign demands. That being said, the Emperor seemed content as he now had the war he was looking for and he attached himself to the Ostmark army for further movements dictated by the Lieutenant-General. This in itself was sure to put more pressure on the position.

After all, when the Emperor is in one’s soldier’s ranks, how risky could one afford to be?

• Winner Winner x 18
  2. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

The sound of high heels echoed through the streets, along with the other noises the city produced. With several papers in her hands, Sophia rounded the corner to the Judiciary, stopping in her tracks as she saw the entrance being crowded by brutes.
    ''Pardon- pardon, excusez-moi!'' The Ithanian spoke, which resulted in her being not allowed in at all. ''Go work you barbarians!'' She called out in frustration, before she rounded the building and taking one of the staff doors.

Arriving in the main hall, she would find it also swamped with the northerners. ''Gráánd.. Just gráánd. I pressume that our meeting will be kept on hold for another time.''

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
  3. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Drixagh shoreline camp:

Dietrich Drache stood next to a few officers overlooking the packing up of the coastal camp to head back to the Crown Isle. He now had the time to actually hear news from the outside world. Most of it was the general gossip, but the news of the barons' actions left him pausing for a few moments in thought. Finally he spoke up to his officers:

"Seems that there will be much debate this evening. I'll be departing on the first ship bound to Regalia to deal with this matter personally. For now, see that the rest of the supplies is accounted for. I'm sure the Ostmark could use them better than we did."

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

Since valdemar had taken the land on the north, and the war was avoided, Johnathan boarded an Anglian frigate, and headed out towards his county. He has a large plan, that is apparent, but only time will tell what it will be.

Castle Mountburg, Mountumbria:

The castle doors swung open, Johnathan Birkwood looked around, his local barons had arrived for the meeting early.

"Ready our Anglian Frigates, gather our men, we are going east. gather enough food to feed our army for a few months, let any peasant who wants glory enlist. You once said you were not confident on my military leading ability's, soon I will prove them to you! If you have complaints, say so now. Otherwise, we will set out to farahdeen without delay. I am open to discuss the county's future under my rule, once plans to set sail are made."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    #4 Arganam, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  5. Motherland

Motherland The forgotten ancient

The young woman's hand shook in a very tense motion as she dragged her fingers from the bottom of her palm, upwards. Sliding off her gloves as she read over the news. Her regularly furrowed brows threaded together slowly. Her jaw clamping as she thought to herself.
    She promptly sent a messenger dove to her dear Maggy (that is a large trade ship) in which she had her current pathfinder change route, and retrieve her sister from her stationing.
    "I don't see this ending well, and I certainly won't risk the life of my sister over some dunce's powertrip. If that Jannik stops her, He will have more than an earful from me."
    She muttered, Her hand idly patting her desk as she wrote a letter for her sister to receive upon her arrival home.​

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

Edited response, so, bump.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1