The Imperial Times ~ Issue Four

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Infinatum, May 27, 2019.

1. Infinatum

Infinatum In Totum Ad Perpetuum

Monday, 27 May, 307 AC - 2 Regals - Issue Four​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HOUSE KADE POSTPONES FEER-DRAKKEN CELEBRATION

~ 27 May, 307
    The celebration of the famed Feer-Drakken that was originally to be held on the 31st of May has been postponed until after the coming Summer Festival.

REMEMBRANCE BY NOBILITY FOR FALLEN ENDS

~ 27 May, 307​

A remembrance weekend that was held by the Duke-Consort Dianne Black formally ends today as the previous three days saw a dance on the 24th, a sea cruise on the 25th, and a feast on the 26th. The remembrance has been considered a success and we congratulate the Duke-Consort for handling all her events with skill and grace. The honoring of our fallen is a virtue that must never be lost.

SECRETARY FRISQUE HOLDS ASSEMBLY

~ 26 May, 307​

In the latest chapter of the uproar against the Heritage Secretary’s first act, the Secretary held an Assembly last night to address the people and hear their complaints. It was reported that the Secretary became subject to name-calling and other angry verbal devices as he attempted to explain his reasoning. Certain races such as the Yanar were seen inquiring as to their respective race’s position in the Empire.

WANTED CRIMINAL: NACE OF KINVERLA

~ 26 May, 307

PENNED FROM THE DESK OF CROWN PROTECTOR SER RODRIGO PEIRGARTEN, COMMANDER OF THE IRONSPIRE REGIMENT OF THE VIOLET ORDER

GUILTY OF:

- Sympathizing with the Kathar

- Assault of multiple Violet Order Commanders

- Physical assault and thievery of nobility

The Violet Order has hereby issued a bounty for Nace of Kinverla to be captured and brought to the Violet Order Headquarters, alive. The Violet Order grants bounty hunters the permission to use force where necessary, but the man must be brought in one piece to receive the punishment that is due.

Description: Short cut brown hair, blue eyes, light stubble, tanned skin tone. Known to hang around the Old Town and the Dragon.

The Violet Order offers a hefty sum of 300 regals to the individual who brings Nace of Kinverla to the possession of the Violet Order, who will also find themselves in good graces in the eyes of the Law Enforcement.

The Violet Order reminds the denizens of Regalia that justice, wherever due, will always be served.

VULMAR NO LONGER WANTED

~ 27 May, 307​

The wanted criminal Vulmar is no longer wanted by Law Enforcement. Please cease and desist all attempts to detain this individual.

CHAPTER FOUR OF NINE IN A LADY’S GUIDE TO SOCIAL GRACES

Written by the Lady Genevieve Howlester

===Chapter Four: Dining Etiquette for Guests===​

Being invited over to another’s home for a shared meal can be an honor, or on rare occasions, a chore. Some society requirements must be met, where through duty an occasional meal must be attended. But by and large, these are merry affairs that contain quite a bit of fun. As a guest, little is needed except to always be gracious, lively, and grateful for your host's attention. When eating with titled individuals, the male with the highest title always sits in the central chair. His wife, or the lady of the house, should be seated to his right. The lady of the house should always be seated on her husband’s side. Seating should endeavor to alternate between men and women, with decreasing titles descending as the table nears its end. Titles of women with Baroness or above should be considered in the hierarchy of seating. Dames and lower may be interspersed. Most hosts will attempt to sort this themselves, but in the case of heightened activity, it serves the guest well to remember.

Gentlemen should always stand when a lady, or a gentleman of a higher title than they enter or leave the room during dinner. Ladies need not stand at all, as it is unfeminine to stand in front of the food you are consuming. Ladies should endeavor not to rise at all until the plates have been cleared. One should never talk with their mouth full, and interrupting guests is seen as coarse and unrefined. A gentleman may offer a toast to their fine hosts, and the Empire before the meal begins. After, if the group retires for an evening’s amusement, it is appropriate for ladies who play an instrument to provide a song for the group’s entertainment. Gentlemen may begin a card game, and relaxed chatter is called for the rest of the night.

Do not overstay your welcome, as hosts have most likely spent all day preparing for the occasion. It is encouraged to send a note of thanks the following day, and if desirable, extend an invitation to host your own dinner to those who opened their home to you.

L.U: Beginning with a good starter I feel; why did you write to become Lord Chancellor? What is your goal? What do you hope to accomplish?

C.B: I saw it as a keen opportunity to apply my developed skill set to the benefit of the Empire. I started a company from some of my family’s resources and now Buck and Bramble is the most well-known distributor of wine and spirits in the Archipelago. I don’t see many within the Peerage as suitable for the position, so I decided I would stake a claim.

L.U: What are your thoughts on the recent action taken by your Secretary of Heritage? I understand you wrote that it’s implementation would be, quote, “..unlikely and disastrous..”.

C.B: I did say that, yes. It would be. It should be noted that the Secretary made his declaration before our government was even fully inaugurated and made functional--entirely out of his parameter of action. Secondly, he failed to consult anyone within the ministries, to my knowledge. Myself most importantly. I am going to make sure that each and every Secretary is at least notifying me of their plans before acting on them. It is not my place to accept or deny their proposed changes, but since they are my Cabinet, it is my job to make sure that they are all working congruently.
    Third and finally, on the matter of the change’s nature themselves: I have already prepared measures to see to it the current declaration does not continue as-is. Changes must be made.

L.U: Moving on, it is known that you are presently engaged to one Eléonore Ravenstad. How did you meet and what do you say to those who will challenge this?

C.B: I put out a missive about--two weeks ago, requesting courtship opportunities from the peerage at large. I got a bevy of letters, met with a few prospects and Eléonore was one. We simply courted from there.
    To those who challenge it: Go ahead. There is an example to be adhered to, what we are setting, and I consider this something of an important moment in the history of our Empire. Our very Emperor partook in a similar bond and who would we be if not to see Cedromar as a role model in whatever says we need to better ourselves.

ADVERTISEMENTS WANTED - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD

TO SUBSCRIBE FOR FURTHER ISSUES - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD

TO REQUEST TO AUTHOR AN OPINION EDITORIAL - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    Automatic delivery to subscribers:
    1. @Yigit

2. @Shibani

3. @Caduceus_Clayy

4. @canaaa

5. @Lord_Immortal

6. @Timisc

7. @Finlaggan

8. @Vicegrave

9. @GoldWolfGaming

10. @Mortisian

11. @EpsilonPanda

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Once more the Corsair Lord sat at his desk, feet kicked up on the dark wooden table as he leaned back in his chair and listened to the Rakrran read off the latest news of the Times. This time, however, his eyes rolled and a huff of a laugh escaped his snout, "Nobles are hard of hearing and forgetful, likely the wine." His eyes rolled over to land on the Albino Sarran, "Inform the Lord Chancellor that I did, in fact, tell her of my plans and I would like a meeting at her earliest convenience."
    @Walnoodle

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  3. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

A hum escaped a certain Albino Sarran and she paused in her own writing. Her crimson eyes settling on her employer and a tiny scoff escaped her before setting the paper aside and picking a new one, beginning to scratch out the note. “Most certainly the wine, Altaj. And I’ll see it done.”
    @Timisc

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Haeddi frowned at the paper, “Oh dear. Poor Mister Kinverla. He was rather nice to me.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

The Kade, in the middle of writing up a Registry of converted Isldar, reads over the Imperial Times at the Kade Estate. He spits out some Kaffee as he reads.

"Th.... I wasn't even mentioned! You start a damn Race-War and you don't get mentioned in the Times!? Damn this paper to the void!"

Later that day, he begrudgingly sent in a subscription to the Imperial Times. @Infinatum @MantaRey

• Like x 5
    • Powerful x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Educated x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    #5 LumosJared, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
  6. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

Damian Black read the recent issue of the Imperial Times, sighing to himself as he'd read the Chancellor's words. "Thank the Spirit.. at least the Varran's mistake can be corrected quickly." He'd send his own subscription to the Imperial Times, along with an extra 200r donation with the hopes that they can expand this news to everyone. @Infinatum

Ulfgar Ironfist laughed at the Chancellor's words, a smile boomed from his face. "At least the rug's mistake can be fixed before the Empire's greatest ally in the Kathar Front is lost. The Altalar saved my life, along with my brother's. They deserve respect beyond anyone, even more then the walking rugs." He'd laugh some more within the Gauntlet.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  7. Nixces

Nixces N/A

"Is the civil race war between Isldar simply not important enough for this writers-.. ? Maybe i'll spark an interview with them, get some information out there." Siora hummed out gently, penning in for a subscription and request for a personal interview.

8. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

An Allar of the name of Llozzi’sil Al-Yaotl would place a subscription to the newspaper.

#8 MippyMoo, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Freya perked a brow when she finished skimming through The Imperials Times, a smile spreading across her features. She set straight to writing up a subscription for the paper.
    How lovely. A way to keep up with recent ocurances without even leaving the house!

• Agree Agree x 1