The Great Lore Misconception Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen plugins like this as well, and if something like this was added to massivecraft, with guards, npc citizens, or any sort of npc at all, then massive would take a massive (har har) leap forward in my love for it. That would add so much to the immersion of roleplay :)

However, you can do this easy for the Guards, but for a barkeep
"Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink!"
I am sure that would be a bit RP breaking, wouldn't it? Cause I am not sure you can have more than 3 messages for an NPC without it becoming resource intensive.

However, you can do this easy for the Guards, but for a barkeep
"Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink! Have a drink!"
I am sure that would be a bit RP breaking, wouldn't it? Cause I am not sure you can have more than 3 messages for an NPC without it becoming resource intensive.

well, not all of them have to be interactive... perhaps you could have a man sitting by the fountain, with a book item in his hand, and every 5 minutes or so he says something like, "now... what rhymes with ___" (He's a poet) or "This verse is coming along perfectly!"

or perhaps a woman standing at by the boats, looking around, every few minutes saying something like "Where is he... we always agreed we would meet here! -sobs-" (epic love story)

I'm no coder, so I will ask, but how could an npc guard be able to tell if fights are going on or be able to determine who is the perpetrator.

I'm no coder, so I will ask, but how could an npc guard be able to tell if fights are going on or be able to determine who is the perpetrator.
I don't know how'd you'd be able to program a npc to understand but I have seen something that works similar to it.
It works sort of like programing the game of tag. It tells you who is now "it" and who was previously "the tagger".
The message would inform guards of who to hit and what to defend. Of course, there is no such thing as no tag backs. If the one who is "it" now becomes "the tagger" then they both become targets. The status of "the tagger" does not wear off until a certain goal is met (Aka: finding base/safe zone, or time limit wears off.)
Does this help?

I have seen plugins like this as well, and if something like this was added to massivecraft, with guards, npc citizens, or any sort of npc at all, then massive would take a massive (har har) leap forward in my love for it. That would add so much to the immersion of roleplay :)
It may immerse the players but the lag it would cause would be massive (haha) that's why animals arnt aloud in regaila it would be to much lag.

*Voting Monmarty for best admin*

(Oh wait... that could be offensive to the other admins...
uh... Who cares its not like I'll be banned or anythi- *Is Banned Nao.*)

now what about them slaves I am still questionable on if the lore allows a elf to have 5 orc slaves or so

Perhaps a tweaked Testificate for bar staff? I believe you can edit thier values fairly easy? give us another thing to blow these stacks of emeralds on :). As for guards the "Citizens" bukkit plugin worked a treat on my former server, wasnt too resource heavy either, if i remember right the guards can be configured to a multitude of tasks such as patrolling, warn people if they get to close and even retailiating if attacked (also highly customiseable with armour, weapons, skins).

a link to the current version of the plugin : http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sentry-citizens2/

Status
Not open for further replies.