The Brightest Candle

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by SamThing_, Oct 22, 2022.

1. SamThing_

SamThing_ Agreed

[​IMG]

╔⏤⏤⏤╝⚜╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Theme: The Last Flame
    ╚⏤⏤⏤╗⚜╔⏤⏤⏤╝

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In a cold night, the garden of Floral court is almost invisible. The only light produced is the dim glow
    shining down from the pale moon looming up above.

Soon, the foot of the Great tree brightens as a Yanar slumps back to rest their torn body against it's roots.
    Beneath the flesh of her chest lays a burning core, twisting and twining as it ached a searing essence through out her body. It produced a small candle light, glowing faintly from beneath her skin.
    She writhes in pain, slumped up against the root of the tree. She had only her thoughts to accompany her.

"I see now. The light of the brightest candle is blinding." Smoke bellows out of her maw as she speaks, this was no magical trait, but her very lungs being charred from within.
    "If, in my last moments, I admit to my hubris, will I be granted a graceful death?" Her voice echoed though out Floral Court. But her question fell on deaf ears.
    "No matter, I do this for myself, then.

"I've been ailed by shadows of my past. Those who wish not to let go of what once was. I do not blame them for such feelings. But I despise them for chaining me to someone I do not know. Make no mistake, no matter what comes of me now, I was never wrong. All I wished for was to be granted my own life. You, the people who hunt me with raised blades and daggered eyes, I wish for you to know only this. I fight because you refuse me the right to live, how could that be so wrong?

The candle light brightened, the flames within grew larger, bathing the garden in a warm, comforting light.
    The Yanar seethed through her pain, but continued her speech none the less.
    "Pah, but that matters not anymore. I- I am extraordinary lucky, to have had this life. I have made great allies, beaten down all who come in my way, enjoyed the finer things in life and been apart of a family most could only wish upon falling stars for.."
    "There is no debating it, I have had a good life." She takes a sharp breath in through her teeth, keeping the welling of her eyes at bay. "But truly, this is the cost of having such a life. It can only last for so long."
    "The candle which burns the brightest, dims the quickest. It is a simple law of nature. Yet, I have no regrets in living this way."

The gathering of embers in her chest brighten even further, consuming her body in it's light. The Yanar was engulfed in dancing flames that embraced her with such a comforting warmth.
    "If I had one wish, it would be for my Troop- my kin, to continue to strive for their goals. To not hesitate to do what they want. Because.. You never know when you will see the sun rise for the last time."
    Eventually the flames became too bright, blinding her and forced her eye lids to shut.

For just a brief moment, the entire court was filled with a vibrant glow, bathing every flower, bush and flora in a gentle warmth. It was almost as if day had broken in the middle of the night.
    But this could not last. The blaze of glory slowly faded, her light finally dimmed.
    The candle burning out at last.

The Yanar's body was left charred and burned. But the withered leaves were not left out in the lonely night, instead the earth accepted the remains. Taking them into the ground to rejoin the cycle of life.

Finally, the blossomed spirit needed not to fight anymore. Their arms put to rest, for the first time in their short, but worthwhile life, They at last know peace.

OOC Note! ———»
    Thank you so much for reading! This is the 'death' of Rä'Rith, thank you to every one who interacted and made this experimental character so much fun to rp. A special thanks to the Yolteotl Troop who made this an absolute treat (and made most of this possible)! Love you, and I hope to rp with you all again!

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  2. dimetros

dimetros unironic scalie Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Ashes to ashes, seedling to soil. Something new takes root, ready to bloom, buried in old ideals and memories. What will emerge?
    Aegipane captures a blaze in glass. A lantern burns bright in the Festival Grounds.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  3. Jcboi5

Jcboi5 professional meme-lord who does mineman rp

An Altalar lingers alone on the streets, on his way home. Rain pounded against the stone as he stepped inside, reminiscing the happy memories of days past. All he could see was that happy child sitting on his kitchen counter, chatting about her day.

The moment that in light Floral flashed, the sagely Altalar’s heart cracked. Deep down, he knew what that feeling meant. He did not need to see to know that the candle had flickered out. No matter how badly its flame burned him.. He missed its warmth.

A fresh Lily of the Valley and Petunia was planted in his garden, that night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    An Ailor sleeps in her home, peacefully. Her shadowy reflection seated by the window, staring up at the stars. But a flash of light in the center of the court shined through to their window, awakening them.

“... C-Cass? What was that?” The girl moves towards the window, rubbing her eyes.
    “No idea.. But it can’t be good.” The shadow said through her mind.

“.. do.. Do y-you think it’s..?”
    “... I.. Maybe. It.. it might.”
    A pause to process, a look of concern painted on her face.
    “.. what are we going to do?”

The two stare out the window, filled with uncertainty as they too felt that vicious yet warm flame flicker out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A Kathar lingers in the shadows of Floral Court, the light of the candle’s death briefly burning the dark one’s gaze, frowning. The masked malevolence huffing.

“A shame. So much potential, all gone to ash. But I suppose it was inevitable.
    .. Such a body would never be able to handle such power. Farewell, little sprout. A wonderful climax to our performance.”

And so, the dark one fades back into the shadows. His malevolence only flourished now that that flame of light and righteous fury was gone. His wicked smile plastered on his face. Who would stand in his way now..?

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

A abyssal sat within her grand library beside her daughter smiling. Lost in what ever scheme was next to brew, before suddenly something shifted as if some light were snuffed out.

“Something’s wrong…Stray perhaps, no no he doesn’t feel in pain. Then-“

Before all at once the answer dawned on her and a tear ran down, but for a moment she wiped it away. Sure perhaps, just like before the feeling was but a interlude to rebirth again…but there was nothing.

“She’s gone, that girl…I saved on that rooftop with the Magician. Stray’s daughter, my sister in law…,” Her voice broke and the mourning began.

• Powerful Powerful x 1