The Bloodknight: Beginning

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Yigit, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

[​IMG]

The Bloodknight: Beginning

[​IMG]
    It was a cold and dark eve, when the Darkwald raiders stormed the abandoned catacombs in Tirgunn's forestal countrysides. Rumour had it that a creature of the night had found itself homage in the depths of the murky tunnels, disturbing local folk at night in the form of a wolven canine. It was only natural that the Darkwald had been sent to the task; to find the source of this disturbance, and to eradicate it for good.

What could go wrong? The Darkwald were prepared for the task. Armed with their Puretek and shortswords, the tricorne-hat wearing knights made their descent into the catacombs, holding a dimly-lit lantern to banish the darkness for a source of light. "They call him the sleeper," said the black-coated Darkwald to his companion, "For he sleeps in the day, and comes out at night." A pair of curious hums were exchanged. "They say he is a shapeshifter. Sometimes he appears as a wolf, sometimes as a bat. But sometimes..." a pause was made, before the Darkwald continued. "A young man, described by some as, mnh ... oddly handsome."

"Pfah!"
    the companion spat. "We'll see about that handsome mug of his, when he's burning at the stake." He blurted out in a bout of confidence. The descent continued. As the pair of Darkwald hunters reached the depths, the sound of a beast-like growl made itself audible behind a closed gate. The hunters armed themselves in preparation, drawing their shortswords, and thrusting the gates open to peer into the hallway. It was a dark, shadowy room, dimly lit by candles on the walls, a red carpet laid out across the floor, leading towards an oaken casket. The source of the growls.

"Must be in there." one Darkwald ushered to the other. "Prepare to open fire."

[​IMG]

The sleepers sleep had been disturbed. With a loud, ear-piercing creak, the casket opened, and the figure elevated itself from it's confines. Adorned with a long, luscious hair of silken blonde, and a pair of dashing yellow eyes, the tall Altalar Vampire set it's awakened sights upon the Darkwald hunters. His mouth opened, sharp fangs showing within. "Who dares disturb my slumber?" his voice beamed through the hall.

No words were exchanged. One Darkwald drew his Puretek, and fired a shot at the Altalar Vampire. The other lunged forth, sword motioning in a crescent slash towards the figure of the awakened creature. With Asha-like speed, the Vampire lunged out of the way of the Puretek shot, elevating his hand into the air and calling a levitating sword across the air. The flying blade soared across the hall, spinning wildly and slashing open the throat of the bladed Darkwald assailant, spraying blood across the red carpets of the floor, before reaching the grip of the Vampire.

"My name is Adrius Velacrades."
    he spoke, slashing the bloodstained blade to his side before pointing it towards the lonesome Darkwald hunter. "And you have angered me."

[​IMG]
    An hour had passed. Two corpses laid by the feet of Adrius, their Darkwald hats stained with their own blood. An exhale left him. For how long had he been confining himself into these lonesome catacombs? How many decades had passed since he abandoned his family for eternity? Thoughts muddled the young Vampire's brain, as he licked the blood off the sharp edge of his blade, tongue sliding along the length of his sword. "Perhaps this is my calling." Adrius spoke to himself, as he grabbed a long, raven coat from the side of his casket, throwing it over himself. "To end my slumber, and to rebuild my fathers Bloodknight."

Adrius let go of his sword. The blade levitated itself across the air, and hovered by the Vampire's shoulder. He began to walk through the crushed gates, ascending towards the source of sunlight ahead. "I have slept far too long. It is time ... to remind the world of my existence." Footsteps echoed in the depths of the tunnels, before he emerged on the grounds of Tirgunn. He was surrounded by an imagery of his own making. Tens, twenties, perhaps fifties of corpses, impaled on pikes.

"Let us begin." mumbled Adrius, as he mounted the bodies of the deceased Darkwald upon absent stakes.

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    #1 Yigit, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

(Yesss more Castlevania Vibessss, also great story)

• Powerful Powerful x 1