Archived Teleport Request

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
This idea is fairly simple to describe.

Player A requests a tp from Player B, and Player B either accepts or denies the request.
After 10 seconds, Player A teleports to Player B.

I see this as a useful way to travel with friends around the map, which might help the survival worlds out.

From what I remember in my experiences, tp requesting was a staple on some servers. While I would never compare Massive to one of them, I do believe the tp request is just something that a new player would expect on a server, similar to mcmmo.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Actually these commands are already on the server. /tpa and /tpahere (the 2nd one is player b sends request to player a. After 10 seconds a teleports to b) but they are denied to players as of now

/tpa is disabled for a reason. I'd suggest adding some kind of drawback such as a price to /tpa. The command would be much harder to abuse if it costs 50 or 100 regals per teleport.

I think it could (possibly) set up to prevent /tpa as a faction perm. Like if its set to allow tpa for the different ranks or relations

If it was introduced, I like the idea of a small tax. Also only allied and faction members should be able to use this in Survival worlds, but in roleplay worlds all players would have access to each other. Like, in a survival world you couldn't tp an enemy into your faction for a sneak raid, but in a roleplay world you could because there's no PvP.

No. It shouldn't exist in the roleplay world. That's just a way for people to metagame. As for survival, there'd be stupid people would just spam others with it, and abuse it to prey on unsuspecting random folk. It'd also be a great way using /tpahere for them to tp people into traps. Specifically those that inhibit chat, inventory and menu. While this is convenient, it is not needed. Anyone can create Creative Gates just about anywhere, and factions have a /f home. As for roleplay, you can tp to others houses if allowed to, along with hotspots throughout the city.

I do not believe this is a good idea to implement.

No. It shouldn't exist in the roleplay world. That's just a way for people to metagame. As for survival, there'd be stupid people would just spam others with it, and abuse it to prey on unsuspecting random folk. It'd also be a great way using /tpahere for them to tp people into traps. Specifically those that inhibit chat, inventory and menu. While this is convenient, it is not needed. Anyone can create Creative Gates just about anywhere, and factions have a /f home. As for roleplay, you can tp to others houses if allowed to, along with hotspots throughout the city.

I do not believe this is a good idea to implement.
Metagaming can be reported. I mean using it when you're rping and you get lost and need to tp back to your friend.

Metagaming can be reported. I mean using it when you're rping and you get lost and need to tp back to your friend.
Can be reported, but it'd not be reported because only those metagaming would really know. It'd be like "hey budy ima rob Jared Kade tpa 2 me and help hes sitting right here"
"oh nos im in a losing fight tpa 2 me and help"

As for being lost and regrouping with friends, just tp somewhere and meet up, or run back to where you last saw each other. Regalia actually isn't that hard to navigate, and with a little practice you'll never get lost at all.

It would also take away from a faction. Say three friends join Massive. One goes and builds a dirt hut in Teled. The other two want to join him. Instead of having to create a faction to join and /f home, also to protect their land, they instead just tpa. They may not know about restore, but chances are they'll claim their one chunk house to put their fac home in, therefore protecting the land wether they knew it or not. With tpa, they'd have no need for a faction not knowing about MassiveRestore. After a month, they lose everything, and ragequit. Tpa caused this.

Actually these commands are already on the server. /tpa and /tpahere (the 2nd one is player b sends request to player a. After 10 seconds a teleports to b) but they are denied to players as of now

there not on the server staff cant even use them as we use a inhouse teleport plugin

The reason why the /tpa and /tpahere were removed was because the server decided they want travel to be a big part in the gameplay of the server. I believe it was removed back when ceardia was being deleted. I agree with the decision the staff made back then and still do to this day. There is no need for that when we already have /f home and such. Also it could be abused many ways than just one.

We know that many people tend to get lost in Regalia for various reasons. But we will add some features to Regalia in the near future that will allow people to get around easier and also help people to find their way around town.

We know that many people tend to get lost in Regalia for various reasons. But we will add some features to Regalia in the near future that will allow people to get around easier and also help people to find their way around town.
But the to hub doesn't help people get to my fucky spots that shouldn't exist

Massive gates were ment to be its main replacement... or so I believed...

The server encourages travel. And to make it easier to reach distant locations after having discovered them by making the journey, you have Massive gates to effectively teleport across the map. (and between maps)

Besides... /tp and /tpa may be convenient and commonly expected due to it being available on so many servers... But this isn't "many" servers. This is Massivecraft. And if you want to get somewhere with friends, You 'travel' there with them. :)

I am glad /tpa /tpahere is NOT a thing on MassiveCraft. The free loot found while exploring isn't going to pick itself up ya know! ;)

My original suggestion was slightly more aimed at RP, and with the new fast travel system done, that part is basically covered.

feel free to debate still, but I'm satisfied having my suggestion talked about for a few days.

Marking as rejected for the initial request not occurring nor there being plans for it to occur.

We have implemented fast teleports in regalia which makes travel easier. In the factions world, you still need to travel/ use portals/home beds/ or visit allied factions to get where you want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.