Sylvianlenulvid Astrivik

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by PosidonX7, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

Basic Information (Required)

• Full Name: Sylvianlenulvid Arshrenovka Astrivik (Sylvia Astri for short)

• Race: Velheim Ailor

• Main Ambition: She wants to prove herself worth something, and lead her comrades to wealth.
    Basic Information (Expansion)

• Sylvia has been in Regalia since just before the attack from the bone horrors. She currently lives on IndustrialRoad.

• Sylvia was born in Jedmark, Hedryll, and her parents were Markolhiln Astri, and Atalianovhild (Atali) Astri. She has two sisters and three brothers, all of which are on their way to Regalia currently.

• Sylvia was a born fighter, so she will always look forward to a good fight.

Skill Information

• Proficiency Points: 37

• +30 Greatsword ( +10 School of Feer-Drakken | +20 from Proficiency Points)

• +15 Longsword ( +10 School of Feer-Drakken | +5 from Proficiency Points)

• +12 Battle Command ( +10 School of Feer-Drakken | +2 from Proficiency Points)

• Culture Points: 37

• +25 Smithing (+25 from Culture Points)

• +12 Architecture (+12 from Culture Points)

• Languages:

• Skodje 10/10 (Learned)

• Tunge 9/10 (Learned)

• Common 8/10 (Learned)

Visual Information (Required)

• Eye Color: Sky Blue

• Hair Color: Platinum Blonde

• Hair Style: Long and Free-flowing

• Skin Color: Pale/White

• Clothing: Leather jacket/pants and chainmail underneath; usually wears a white ushanka

• Height: 6ft. 1in.

• Body Build: Strongman

• Weapon of Choice: Regis Hander

Personality and Abilities (Required)

• First Paragraph: Sylvia is rather blunt and straightforward. She will do what she wants when she wants which makes her also come off as extremely stubborn. Sylvia is very well beyond the bounds of being a risk-taker, for she believes in acting first and asking questions later. In a situation where she has either the chance to try and talk things out, or solve things with aggressive negotiations (a sword), she would rather use aggressive negotiations.
    • Second Paragraph: When it comes to how Sylvia feels on the inside, it really depends on her situation. In a situation that might cause her pressure, she will act extremely driven and will give direct orders to people which makes her commanding. She can't stand people who don't do what she says. In a situation where she is not pressured too much, she will act rather soft and understanding. If someone approaches her calmly, then she will be more than willing to negotiate or talk about whatever they wish to discuss. This is from her mother who tried to teach her to voice herself. The only thing she truly fears is loneliness because she hates being idle with nothing to do. Overall, she is very confident in herself when it comes to dealing with high-pressure situations.
    • Third Paragraph: Sylvia has three areas where she classifies people: normals, trusted, and family. Normals are the average joe’s that walk around on the street that she doesn’t know much about, and doesn’t trust. She is willing to bend their minds however she sees fit which makes her manipulative. Trusted people are like her friends or allies that is she willing to protect and guard if she doesn’t fall to the assurance of certain death. Family are those people that she will die for, and those that she is willing to tell almost anything. When she is comfortable around those she trusts, she tends to act rather flirtatious. If any of her family members are hurting in any way, she will do her best to find out how she can make them feel better, which can make her seem caring.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Sylvia works on her own logically based system. If she doesn’t see a way she will profit from something, she will simply not do it. She does what she feels is best during that moment which makes her rather spontaneous. She believes that she must do her best to have power over others so that she can lead them to situations where they will only have a gain. She does not see corruption, vampires, undead, or possessed as bad unless they are a threat to her, or if what they do is not backed up by a logical reason for them to do what they are doing for survival.
    Weaknesses (OPTIONAL)

• Erratic- Sylvia likes to do things her own way no matter what anyone else says. She often deviates from what she says and then bends it. People tend to not appreciate this part of her so they often don’t trust her. Her attitude can randomly change without notice, and she can have a tantrum at any moment. Not only that, but she acts different from what is expected of a female during this age in time, which makes her look bad and repulsive to most.
    Life Story (Required)

Sylvia was born in Jedmark, Hedryll on July 14th, 268 AC. Ever since she has been able to understand Skodje, she has always been taught to be proud, not because of who she descends from, but because who she is as a person. Life as a child in Hedryll is harsh and cold, and this made her seem a little more masculine when it came to manners or feelings from the abuse of the Northern life.

As a young child, she was taught simple things, like how to mend clothing and how to sew up wounds. She was also taught how to cook not only for others, but for herself. It wasn’t before long that she was required by her father and her elders to begin training in a fighting style. She was provided with funding to travel to the School of Feer-Drakken by her father and mother. She started traveled to the school at the age of 10. She had a few initial issues, for she wasn't built as a male was, which only fueled her drive to be better. At the age of 11, she started to build herself to become even stronger than she already was becoming. During this time, the school required her to constantly balance heavy objects while she had to keep her composure.

During her mid-teen years, she progressed further in her fighting style, doing her best to focus on being able to carry heavy weight such as holding a greatsword across her arms out in front of herself while walking around. She trained in techniques of the great-sword and longsword such as large cleaving rotations of the blade, and lunges while holding the blade outwards in stabbing motions. Even during that time after, she was still required to do mental coordinating tasks and to carry heavy weights.

In her early adulthood (18), she was often sent out against other students to practice leading them and to improve her skill with the Regis Hander and longsword constantly. During this time, she was heavily tasked to push her mental stability and patience to the edge. She spent her time training with different students so she could progress even further in battle command, which helped her further understand how to counteract with opponents in fights. Two of the things they focused on were precise hits and quick responses to an opponent’s attacks-- such as hitting the same spot on a piece of wood repeatedly and striking at opponent’s openings as she was occasionally on the receiving end of their training.

She put her pure concentration and focus on the fighting style, as such it was the only thing she focused on. She could go out and take on a group of two to three at one time, given that she had set up a few distractions, or had some assistance from her comrades. The matter she seemed to focus on most of all was self-control and making sure their hits made their mark.

For the rest of her early adulthood (20-30), she went back to travel all around Hedryll to fight for her family and often defended them from thieves and looters, for they had paid her school. During her travels, she went to the School of Storsmede so she could forge and repair her own blades in the case it was needed in battle. She figured that the person she could trust the most to forge a good blade was, indeed herself.

She trained others for two years in the use of the Regis Hander before she took a single moment to let down her guard. During this moment of her being alone, she was attacked from behind by someone who was less than happy about her killing one of their relatives whom had attacked her the previous day. She responded accordingly to their attack, but when a few guards happened to walk upon the scene, it appeared that Sylvia was the one who had attacked the person that had just attacked her. She was brought to questioning for her acts by the Earl, but Sylvia knew how close of a friend this person was with the Earl, so instead of going through with the trial, she decided to run. Respect for her was immediately lost by all she knew as she was chased out of her village by mercenaries and the warriors within it.

Over the following days, she knew she had to find a way to get away from those who knew what she was blamed for, and she wasn’t willing to stop running, so she never did stop. Eventually she reached a port where she paid off a captain to take her to Regalia.

She eventually made it and she has been in various groups for her sly mouth, her fighting skill, and her strong attitude. On the side, she figured that since she already knew in-battle tactics, it might help to know how to build structures before a battle to increase her odds of victory. As such she enrolled in the School of Buildcraft. When the so called “headmaster” of the school initially heard her request he laughed, though quickly changed his mind once she offered him a grand portion of her past earnings from mercenary work. After graduating, she found herself getting involved in all sorts of things in Regalia. She currently spends her days in Regalia looking for a fight worth fighting and will not stop till she is satisfied.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Educated Educated x 1
    #1 PosidonX7, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

3. NChulingeth

NChulingeth Meemay. Premium

Just a note here. Female Strongwomen are unable to match up to male strongmen. They have always lacked in strength compared to men on paper. While this is inaccurate to use on regalian times, considering modern records have been influenced by factors such as proper dieting, supplements, and etc on both genders, it is safe to assume that women have always been lesser than men in strength. Here are the current world records.

Men: Squat: 1256.0 Lbs Bench: 1077.0 Lbs Deadlift: 1015.0 Lbs
    Women: Squat: 865 Lbs Bench 600.8 lbs Deadlift: 683.16 Lbs

• Educated Educated x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

Good thing I read the ooc notes on the wiki. And she can lift no where near 600lbs. That is ridiculous. Plus many modern body builders use steroids, which simply didnt exist in the medieval ages. The exception to this is some potion that I can't remember the name of in the lore. But even that only provides a temporary boost.

Edit: Found it. Though im unsure if it only works on vampires or not. It is called
    Goleanon's Elixir.

#4 PosidonX7, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. NChulingeth

NChulingeth Meemay. Premium

Goleanon's Elixr only works on Ombratore to my knowledge, but if Thelwen brew is still around, it would assist in the building of muscle mass during workouts.

6. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Thelwen_Brew
    Found it, but she doesn't use any of those concoctions. Henceforth, she wouldn't really compare in any way to modern body builders.

7. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

For the sake of not making the review process difficult on myself and @PosidonX7 I am requesting that no further comments in regards to the content of the sheet be made. Thank you

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Review

Skill Information
    • A military entity of a Kingdom did not pay for your characters schooling. Change the source to something else.
    Personality and Abilities
    • In your second paragraph, remove being part of the Hedrylli Military. No one can have a character who is closely involved with foreign military at this time.
    • Remove the battle scenario training. The only school that can teach that is the School of Leadership which your character is not a part of.
    Talents
    • For the Feer-Drakken school you are already at a disadvantage being a female. You will not be as powerful as a male member of the school or any school similar. Remove the mentions of added resilience and endurance as they do not apply to the character you have and can result in potential power gaming. Your wordage on the last sentence has it appear that Sylvia is exceptionally strong. She would not be able to move heavy objects easily. That is unrealistic. Reword it accordingly.
    • Remove your Psychological talent entirely. How you have it currently is without question power gaming. You may reword it to be realistic, but at this point, how it is now is not permitted.
    • For your authoritating, how can Sylvia be composed while resorting to aggressive matters? There is a contradiction here. Either she is aggressive or she is composed. She cannot be both. Make the appropriate edits to have only one aspect. If that means rewriting your Personality and Abilities section then do so.
    Weaknesses
    • This is another contradiction. How can Sylvia display leadership qualities yet act erratic? How can she lead when she isn't trusted? I feel that removing all leadership mentions is your best option. Reason being is your heavy focus on the physical capabilities of Sylvian and her preference for aggressive actions. But I leave the decision up to you. Either she is erratic and fights first or she has leadership skills. Pick one or the other and make the appropriate edits.
    Life Story
    • Remove all mentions of the Hedryll military, relations to the Hedryll military, training, or otherwise. As it stands for all characters the highest thing you may claim to be is a wealthy commoner. No other advantages from foreign or domestic powers.
    • Remove mentioning of being on par with males, this explicitly listed on the page for the combat school. I would even say that she shouldn't have been in the school until she was 18 due to the physical requirements, but I am willing to allow the typical starting age.
    • You don't mention anything in the life story that displays any leadership skill. If you are focusing heavily on the combat aspects I feel that you should remove the leadership from the sheet. Or if you insist on having leadership then lowering the combat skill and find a middle ground between the two. Make a decision with the appropriate edits.
    Make the above edits and tag me once completed @PosidonX7

9. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

Fixed

Reworded

Fixed
    If i missed anything alert me.
    @Wumpatron

10. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Replace your Psychology talent with a different one. Due to balancing issues the way you have it is too strong to permit. Make that change and I believe that should satisfy. @PosidonX7

11. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

Fix'ed. xP

@Wumpatron

12. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Still unbalanced. What I would recommend is having something that cannot be potentially exploited. Look at other approved applications if you need assistance, but if it looks like it can be exploited, it can't be allowed. @PosidonX7

13. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

I hope this suffices as a talent. Looked up a list on google. x3

@Wumpatron

14. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Approved @PosidonX7 Remember to adhere to the limitations of your character

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  15. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

I noticed the label of Expert was changed to the label of Champion on the wiki so I simply edited the label from Expert to Champion. @Wumpatron

16. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

Further aged Sylvia + 1 year to 37 after I realized the current date and birth date didn't line up. @Wumpatron

17. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

@Wumpatron Made edits in accord with the new Valheim Lore. They are marked in red. If I missed anything else that needs to be changed, alert me please.

-Most edits have to do with her beginnings and end of life story.
    -Other edits involve her name for customs compliance.

18. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Velheim isn't a place, it's the culture. So if you revert those back to their previous iterations you're good.

19. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

@Wumpatron Changed all location mentions back to that of Jedmark, Hedryll.

20. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

21. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

22. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

@Wumpatron I have made edits that should comply with the proficiency update and I wish for this app to be re-reviewed. I hope I did everything correctly. :P

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Approved

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1