Archived Suggestion For Regalia: Embassy District

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Film_Noir

Snowdonian Pirate
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love Regalia, but as an experienced player, there's not a "challenge" in Regalia at the moment.

It used to be: work hard, save silver and inventory, and then the more expensive and well-located shop you could afford, or the fancier house (e.g. the old noble houses that cost 200s per month to rent). And you had to keep working hard to maintain it.

Now, you contact a staff member or family head, write an application, and you've got it made as a guard or noble family member and can live in a nice mansion or whatever, without having to legitimise your skills or wealth real-game-play wise.

I don't want anything taken away from how it has now become: the current system is great and I really like how vibrant Regalia has become (and rich in lore, and the human emphasis is great RP-wise, and the current system gives new players a way to immediately get in on the action, etc.)...but was wondering if can we have an addition, like a district with fanicer houses and large shops to rent or something, that presents a challenge to and rewards players who've spent time "physically" working hard at the game and have earned some silver too.

What kind of district? I was thinking like a faction embassy district (with larger shops and houses that cost silver to rent) near the market district or something? It could work with the human emphasis in Regalia, in that the humans see it as a way of keeping their eyes on outsiders and their business affairs. And it'll also give people playing as non-human races a reason to come to Regalia again too.

Anyway, I dunno, let me know what you think.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moved to feature and idea discussion.

I do like the idea of an embassy district.
Traditionally you'd have giant Noble homes, yes, but you'd also have sectors representing other towns. I think this is a good idea.

I think that Regalia wouldnt allow this. They are currently the center of the human world and also the wealthiest.

Giving an embassy would firstly allow non-humans to gain an advantage over Regalia (Which they will not like) and promote other factions, causing them to lose wealth.

But i like the idea.

You can only use the noble manors in Regalia to roleplay in. Nothing else, except for maybe storing some RP-related items in chests such as food for parties etc.

I think that Regalia wouldnt allow this. They are currently the center of the human world and also the wealthiest.

Giving an embassy would firstly allow non-humans to gain an advantage over Regalia (Which they will not like) and promote other factions, causing them to lose wealth.

But i like the idea.

But places like Havenreach and whatnot, small colonies that are technically bits of Regalia, but are just so far off that they deserve their own embassy.

Quite intresant, my friend. Monser, I would be quite interested in this as well coming to pass. It could also support something of a regalian renaissance for sponsoring the best of culture within the city, and while valid against noble nonhuman sentiments could be an easy way for some way that nonhumans can interact if they work hard to rise above their species.

I had a similar idea a while ago. An Embassy District for Factions for a house to recruit new members and whatnot, but I like this idea

I had a similar idea a while ago. An Embassy District for Factions for a house to recruit new members and whatnot, but I like this idea

Dear lord, suddenly I picture Fraternity rivalries. Factions will be yelling at one another from their respected areas and even more faction establishments will be egged.

The horror.

Though I miss having these in Silveredge, they dont make much sense in Regalia.

I think that this district should be outside the city proper - that is, large estates run by factions that can afford them. Then you could have smaller estates/districts/area with 2-3 houses that can be rented by the faction.

Then you could have the Upper Middle Classmen, with houses that are large but not gigantic. Those would be purchased by 1 person at a time.

Also, it would be nice to be able to add people to your region so that families can live in the same house in reality and not just theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.