Archived Storing Xp With Bottles O' Enchanting.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaseFruit

Shadow of Hisoka
Reaction score
Hello there.

Today, while I was randomly watching general chat, a question popped up in help, asking how to make the Bottle o' Enchanting item. I know that they can be only be obtained with villagers, and that it's disabled in game, but I think that it would be nice to have another source for them.

As always, I look for past threads with the same idea as mine. This one is almost one year old, so I hope this thread doesn't necro like all my other ideas. Here's the link of he other thread: http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/suggestion-bottling-xp.5496/#post-45912

Basically, my idea is the same as Dworvin's, but instead of using an Enchanting Table, one can use an Anvil and name bottles. It would be possible to make different amounts of XP bottles.

Here's how my idea works:

-Get a normal bottle, and put it in an anvil.
-There, name it Bottle o' Enchanting XV or Bottle o' Enchanting XXX.
-Naming the bottle will still cost XP, so the profit will be around this:
15XP Bottle-> naming costs 5XP, so to get two bottles, summing up 30XP, you will require 40 Levels, divided in 20 for each bottle.
30XP Bottle-> naming costs 5XP, so you will need 35 Levels to make one.

These items may have more uses than just obtaining XP. They could also be used to repair items, using the Repair skill in the McMMO plugin. It could go like this:

-Have an item to be repaired, and place it in a crafting table, or even in the 2x2 player grid.
-Place a Bottle o' Enchanting near the item, and have a percentage of it repaired.
-The percentage could go like this:

McMMO Repair Skill
0 skill-> Bottle o' Enchanting repairs the same percentage of it's level, like 15% for a 15XP bottle.
500 skill-> Bottles repair twice the percentage, like 60% for a 30XP bottle.
1000 skill-> Bottles rapair the maximum amount available, being 45% for a 15XP bottle and 90% for a 30XP bottle.

I don't know what other uses it might have at the moment, but I'm sure other people may state things that I didn't think yet, so I'll leave the idea as it's now and add more stuff to it in the future when I get some feedback. :)

Now, for the PROS and CONS.

PROS:

-A great way to store XP. Useful for non premiums.
-A new great item for the market, creating another source of income for players.
-A new way to repair items, giving non premiums the oportunity to repair their own God items without the need of premiums with the /fix command.
-More?

CONS:

-This might ruin the Enchanting bussiness, making people go for bottles instead of books.
-People might find ways to farm bottles, even though I cannot think of any way to do this.
-They can be a Lore incompliant item, and Lore might have to be written about them in the future.
-It might be hard to code something like this.
-More?

That's the idea for now. I ask that people give feedback instead of leaving just a disagree, so I can work on it and hopefully have this accepted.

Here's a link to a plugin that's in the other thread, which also seems like an interesting form of storing XP, even though I don't like it that much: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/gemxp/

Thanks as always for reading. :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i don't think this could really ruin the enchanting business; like if you sell a level 30 enchant bottle, your client still has to enchant himself: he has to get a book (leather is hard to get..) and then enchant the book itself, with no knowledge wether or not he'll get the desired effect. It just seems easier to buy an enchanted book (unbreak3) .

i don't think this could really ruin the enchanting business; like if you sell a level 30 enchant bottle, your client still has to enchant himself: he has to get a book (leather is hard to get..) and then enchant the book itself, with no knowledge wether or not he'll get the desired effect. It just seems easier to buy an enchanted book (unbreak3) .
Yes, maybe, but if this gets introduced into the market, I wonder if it will affect the prices of books. Unb III was around 100~120R last time I checked. Most V books like Power V and Sharp V are around 80R. If the price of bottles get to 80R+, it might be good, but if it stays around 80R-, it might bring the price of books down with it.

I'm not that good at economy, so who knows. >.<

Yes, maybe, but if this gets introduced into the market, I wonder if it will affect the prices of books. Unb III was around 100~120R last time I checked. Most V books like Power V and Sharp V are around 80R. If the price of bottles get to 80R+, it might be good, but if it stays around 80R-, it might bring the price of books down with it.

I'm not that good at economy, so who knows. >.<
I suppose I have once again been cheated by the economy xD I sell unbreak books at like 30~50r, depends on my mood..I never sell books for more then 50r... ;(

I suppose I have once again been cheated by the economy xD I sell unbreak books at like 30~50r, depends on my mood..I never sell books for more then 50r... ;(
Wow. Well, last time I sold books was around 2 months ago, so their prices mgiht have changed, but I think you are really selling them too cheap. o.o

Leather is quite easy to get, just use the darkroom a bit and if you get a leather chest peace, just repair it to full and salvage it (Bear in mind salvage is level 600 repair)an you get 8 pieces of leather. And if you don't have 600 repair just ask someone to do it for you.

I like the idea of storing XP by creating a Bottle o' Enchanting. I am not so sure about the mcmmo repair thing though, I believe it will be harder to code and (correct me if I'm wrong) that you might as well just get the XP from the bottle and repair with an anvil and materials

I like the idea somewhat and a lot of thought has gone into it but as far as I know (as a developer) the McMMO thing is unfortunately not possible. That's because McMMO is not part of the MassiveCrarft original plugins list. In other words we didn't create it and as such can't access it like we would our plugins. I can look into it to give you a definite answer but I don't think we can do it. A second thing can be a voting item and as for Lore, just remember the magic plugin will be coming out in the future ;)

I like the idea of storing XP by creating a Bottle o' Enchanting. I am not so sure about the mcmmo repair thing though, I believe it will be harder to code and (correct me if I'm wrong) that you might as well just get the XP from the bottle and repair with an anvil and materials
Yes, but the arcane forging is problematic, as you never get a 100% chance of mantaining the enchantment. Repairing God Stuff with an iron block may make you lose a great amount of money. What I'm suggesting, is an alternative to the many repair methods, making it not necessary to have premium to be able to repair God Stuff.

I like the idea somewhat and a lot of thought has gone into it but as far as I know (as a developer) the McMMO thing is unfortunately not possible. That's because McMMO is not part of the MassiveCrarft original plugins list. In other words we didn't create it and as such can't access it like we would our plugins. I can look into it to give you a definite answer but I don't think we can do it. A second thing can be a voting item and as for Lore, just remember the magic plugin will be coming out in the future ;)
I thought about it as well, but as far as I know, the coding for the McMMO used in MassiveCraft is different than the vanilla. Numbers have been tweaked, like in the Repair Skill, which does not give a 100% arcane repair chance like the McMMO wiki states.

If tweaking the numbers of the plugin is possible, some additions to it may be possible as well, as the plugin developer might like the idea. I don't know about relationships between developers, but I think that a little talk between friends can manage almost anything.

I can see what you mean but I believe it was edited through the config.yml which is far different to what you're saying
I see. I'll still try to stick to my point though(of the developers talking between themselves to make possible improvements to the plugin), but as I stated before, I don't know how the relationships between developers go.

Yes, but the arcane forging is problematic, as you never get a 100% chance of mantaining the enchantment. Repairing God Stuff with an iron block may make you lose a great amount of money. What I'm suggesting, is an alternative to the many repair methods, making it not necessary to have premium to be able to repair God Stuff.

I thought about it as well, but as far as I know, the coding for the McMMO used in MassiveCraft is different than the vanilla. Numbers have been tweaked, like in the Repair Skill, which does not give a 100% arcane repair chance like the McMMO wiki states.
I apologise if I wasn't clear enough in my previous posting, when I said anvil I meant the anvil block which is included in vanilla Minecraft, for which you need both XP and materials to repair your gear, and not the iron block used by MCMMO which is only materials.

Do you lose money when you repair things on a iron block?
No, you don't lose money while repairing with an iron anvil, but you need materials to repair the item. To repair a diamond pickaxe for example, you will need to have diamonds in your inventory.

For more info on the Mc

I apologise if I wasn't clear enough in my previous posting, when I said anvil I meant the anvil block which is included in vanilla Minecraft, for which you need both XP and materials to repair your gear, and not the iron block used by MCMMO which is only materials.
No need to apology. ^-^

I get what you are saying now, and it's an even better example of what I want this plugin to offer. Certain items can't be repaired in anvils, as they will show the message "TOO EXPENSIVE" at the bottom. These items, which are usually the God ones, need to be repaired with the premium fix command, which has a 100% of chance to keep the enchantments, or people can try their luck repairing them with an iron block.

Repairing God items with anvils would be great, but as this happens even in vanilla Minecraft, I'm not sure if this can be managed. What I'm trying to do is offer an alternative to the way items are repaired, as for now, people who wish to use God items must have premium, or must know someone which has premium to repair their stuff for further uses.

Leather is quite easy to get, just use the darkroom a bit and if you get a leather chest peace, just repair it to full and salvage it (Bear in mind salvage is level 600 repair)an you get 8 pieces of leather. And if you don't have 600 repair just ask someone to do it for you.
Yes I know tat; merely stating they aren't the. Cheapest of materials..

Its supposed to become more practical in 1.8 to repair god items in vanilla anvils

Its supposed to become more practical in 1.8 to repair god items in vanilla anvils
If that's the case, then I'm happy these changes will happen, but after watching some videos about 1.8, I've noticed thet they will be changing the leveling system as well. We can't be sure if the update will actually benefit repairing God armor, so I'll leave the repair suggestion as it is for now, and see what comes with 1.8 when it's officially released.

Thanks for bringing that point to my knowledge. ^-^

I thought they were changing only the enchanting table system herpaderp.

Status
Not open for further replies.