Converting Exp To Bottles O' Enchanting

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by ForeverChaotic, May 17, 2018.

1. ForeverChaotic

ForeverChaotic

I would love it if there was a way to convert exp to bottles o' enchanting. It's quite annoying when I grind for a couple hours, up to lvl 20 something, and then a random Wither Skeleton shoots me with a flaming arrow and when I die, the levels just vanish. No exp orbs dropped or anything. I think it would be a good idea for players to have a way to store that exp in bottles or even if the orbs dropped so that we could reclaim them when we go back to the point of death to recover our gear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

First, it shouldn’t take several hours to get level 20. Second, this can be abused and make xp pretty much useless.

3. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

i like the idea, but the post is lacking

4. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

The idea itself is neat, but as Daragon said quite incomplete (oh shoot, that rhymed!). My main issue with this is that it would take coding time away from more important things. In response to what @aprader1 said, though, exp can already be sold and traded via /trade. Unless you mean something else, I'm not sure how it "makes xp pretty much worthless". However, I do think something like a 20% reduction of exp actually transferred could help with whatever economic concerns there would be.

5. Viscar

Viscar Nekoii's Actual BFF

Best idea ever please implement

6. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

7. ForeverChaotic

ForeverChaotic

I don't see how it could make exp 'useless' in any way. I don't see how it would change the economy in any way at all to be honest. Whether stored, or carried in your exp bar, the amount of exp doesn't change, nor does it's value. This concept, not originally, wasn't thought of or mentioned in the aspect of being used in the economy at all (though it's understandable that there's a good chance that it would). My suggestion/request is simply to implement a way for players to store their collected exp while they go out to collect more to decrease the aggravation in being killed by a random mob and thereby losing what exp they lost with absolutely no way to regain it other than by starting completely over and grinding more exp. I don't even care that it even be implemented in a way that would allow for storing. Even just having the orbs dropped, as they are in vanilla minecraft, so that they can then be recollected by the player after returning to their point of death.
    In response to your response stating "My main issue with this is that it would take coding time away from more important things." It is my opinion that there is nothing more important than keeping the player base happy, and I don't see how this would be a 'less important thing' than any other matter that needs attention. Personally, I think it is a very good idea in that it will allow players to keep all their hard work of grinding for however long they may take to do so, or atleast give them/us the option to regain that hard work if the method is decided to be exp orb drops (and it most certainly does take longer than a couple hours to gather 20+ lvls of exp for new players who do not have any access or knowledge of where to find a darkroom to grind faster, as I didn't at the time I made the original post on this topic).

8. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I do agree with this idea, but here's two things I can think of the are much higher priority right off the top of my head: Empires, More Faction Ranks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ForeverChaotic

ForeverChaotic

Lol. I'm not saying anything currently being worked on should be haulted. It's just a suggestion for future reference. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

I like this idea very much!!