Archived Statues

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
If no one has thought of this yet then... well... wow. Anyway, all good ideas need to be rambled about more than once, so here goes:

Statues. Purely for decoration, like paintings. Would work as follows:

3 blocks on top of each other in the workbench creates a 3 block tall statue consisting of a Base and Body, and is always the same race as the crafter. There could be 2-3 different positions for each race statue, and they would all be the color/material they were made from. The three blocks would need to have the top two be the same block, or all 3 be the same block.

What do you think? And is it possible to make this into a plugin?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would, unless I'm not getting it correctly, require you to create a completely new item with none of the original specifications or qualities of the other items, which is impossible in Bukkit to my knowledge.

Oh, I so want this. Do you know how difficult it is to make a naga statue??? DO YOU??????

This could work, I think only cobwebs would work through. The cob webs would have custom textures like the chains around regalia.

This would require both a plugin to produce the crafting recipe and additions to the texture pack for each material and each race. Anyone using a different texture pack would just see a stack of 3 blocks. It would also probably require Optifine to get a high enough resolution for the texture.

If no one has thought of this yet then... well... wow. Anyway, all good ideas need to be rambled about more than once, so here goes:

Statues. Purely for decoration, like paintings. Would work as follows:

3 blocks on top of each other in the workbench creates a 3 block tall statue consisting of a Base and Body, and is always the same race as the crafter. There could be 2-3 different positions for each race statue, and they would all be the color/material they were made from. The three blocks would need to have the top two be the same block, or all 3 be the same block.

As cool and impressive as that would be (and also kinda usefull for RP) I have to say that the 2 possible ways you mean with this suggestion are ....well...not possible.

1. Variant: You mean NPC statues
Not Possible Because: NPC seem to put a rather heavy load on the server if spammed which can very easily happen if they are created by 3 block structures.

2. Variant: Custom Statues
Not Possible Because: In order to add new entity/items/blocks etc you would need to modify the CLIENT as the CLIENT can only load and render blocks/items/entity´s that are in the jar file. Ergo you could not add statues like these only via Server side mods.

If I have overseen or disregarded something relevant completely please feel free to tell me.

You have overseen or disregarded the previous post, by me, which lists the modification requirements to implement something like this.

Whoops, didn´t see that one there before. Peopel stahp ninja´ing me -.- .
Hmmm, I didn´t consider the resourcepack variant yet . That would indeed be possible (more so in 1.7.2 since a lot of new blocks get added). As for the skulls I have seen something interesting in another server before. They basicly made an account with a chest head and used the skull of that acount as decoration. This may be possible here too altough I can´t deny that it would indeed cost a bunch of money or a few volunteers to wear the same head forever.
Another comment I have to make is that there could be only 1 variant of each race since different variants would require a LOT more blocks (even 1 variant already requires a bunch of blocks).
Now the question remains which blocks could be converted.

This could work, I think only cobwebs would work through. The cob webs would have custom textures like the chains around regalia.

Now this is what I'm talking about! Making it so that if you set 2 of the same block on top of a 3rd different block it changes the texture into that of a statue. We can drop the races thing and just use randomly generated statues of various random races/characters/folks/things.

This would require both a plugin to produce the crafting recipe and additions to the texture pack for each material and each race. Anyone using a different texture pack would just see a stack of 3 blocks. It would also probably require Optifine to get a high enough resolution for the texture.

People using a different texture pack don't see chains in Regalia, nor do they see the same anything that other people see. It's just 1 more reason to use the server pack. That said, it would need a crafting plugin and a txtr addition, but they've don both before I think?

As cool and impressive as that would be (and also kinda usefull for RP) I have to say that the 2 possible ways you mean with this suggestion are ....well...not possible.

1. Variant: You mean NPC statues
Not Possible Because: NPC seem to put a rather heavy load on the server if spammed which can very easily happen if they are created by 3 block structures.

2. Variant: Custom Statues
Not Possible Because: In order to add new entity/items/blocks etc you would need to modify the CLIENT as the CLIENT can only load and render blocks/items/entity´s that are in the jar file. Ergo you could not add statues like these only via Server side mods.

If I have overseen or disregarded something relevant completely please feel free to tell me.

There were no variants... the idea was that by placing blocks in a stack in the crafting table you could create a statue out of them that would spawn at 3 blocks tall. It would be counted as 3 full size blocks, but would look like a statue on a pedestal.

The biggest obstacle to implementing this idea is finding someone with the time and artistic talent to make the 3-D models and corresponding side projections that would look good applied to the sides of the blocks.

You'd have to have a client-side mod as well, completely server side just wouldn't work, since something like this doesn't exist in vanilla Minecraft. The easiest solution to this would be to make a MassiveCraft launcher that downloads a bunch of mods, automatically installs them, and then launches. I imagine you could make a fork of the spoutcraft launcher to do this, since that is what the Technic launcher and other custom launchers started out as.

I sort of skipped a few posts, but:

If you use a 3d object that can stand on itself (cobwebs are one) or simply a plain block (stone), and add a custom crafting recipe, I think you can get objects with special ID's that are in the texture pack (If you ever notice the smoke above the houses in Regalia, those are cobwebs).

You'd have to have a client-side mod as well, completely server side just wouldn't work, since something like this doesn't exist in vanilla Minecraft. The easiest solution to this would be to make a MassiveCraft launcher that downloads a bunch of mods, automatically installs them, and then launches. I imagine you could make a fork of the spoutcraft launcher to do this, since that is what the Technic launcher and other custom launchers started out as.
Your solution would work, but is not required and has continually been rejected by the server, which does not want to require downloading anything for the Minecraft client. The only client side change required would be to the resource pack, as blocks already exist in vanilla minecraft, and can be made to took differently using the resource pack. This would require optifine to view, as the needed resolution would be greater than the default minecraft resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.