Pending Review Starting Roleplay With Ease!

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Lumbo, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

So, hello! I’ve been thinking how can one immediately get into a roleplay without having to emote or say anything? I thought it would be an interesting feature if someone were to type “/Roleplay (Number of roleplayers; maximum is 4)” they’ll queue up & be sent to the tavern or whatever hotspot they want & can quite simply start roleplaying without having to interrupt/disrupt others roleplay that isn’t looking to have a conversation. Here is a command list that I’ve thought of that will be imperative to have
    • /roleplay (number of players)
    • /roleplay remove (Player that you don’t want to be queued up with, basically makes it so if you don’t want to roleplay with this certain user that you dislike you can just do this)
    • /roleplay stop (To stop queuing up with anyone)
    • /roleplay wealth status (Your wealth status; example, a commoner.)
    • Noble
    • Aristocratic
    • Commoner
    • Poor
    • Slum
    That’s just the basic commands, you can reply to the thread if you think it’s missing a vital command.

Why add this?

This command can really help players including myself that have a difficult time searching for roleplay but aren't wanting to disrupt/interrupt anyone's roleplay. It can be a helpful tool to those that are new to roleplay & don’t fully understand it & hopefully help MassiveCrafts player count by clinging people to roleplay instead of having to search for it for 30 minutes only to be considered a nuisance to those that already have a roleplay going.

The "/roleplay" command can help create stronger bonds with players, & not all "/roleplay start" commands have to be just for creating friends & vice versa, it can also be used to create acquaintances or even enemies. But that's for you to pick, it shows you that the people you are with are open to roleplay & that's the objective of the command is to create more roleplay for others with ease.

Well, what if it's abused?

That's for staff to decide for what happens when someone abuses the command; however, in the meantime, you can just use "/roleplay remove (The person that's being a nuisance)" & report it or give them a simple warning

This plugin should be fairly easy for the staff here on MassiveCraft to code looking at their past projects, this can just be seen as a project they'll get to until it becomes a priority for them.

• Constructive Constructive x 2
  2. digimoto

digimoto Got a Gorak gig going.

I think this is an epic idea, to add on to it, maybe if you don't add a location it will teleport you to a random location creating more unique roleplay as it opens up players to new locations rather than maybe the 2 or 3 spots also it'd be cool if it would give you little writing prompts to get the ball rolling with the rp, love the idea man!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

I personally don't think this is needed. A lot of the issues with finding RP are going to be fixed with V5's design. Every few streets is designed to have an RP Hub / notable location and everything is laid out to be easy to get to from spawn etc.

Adding a random match maker just makes it all unnatural and clunky imo.