Archived Small Change For The Good Of Dakkars

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SenorWorkman

Citizen
Reaction score
Faction
Talosia
If you've ever been an agni or dakkar, you know about the problem of logging on, only to find yourself in the middle of a rainstorm with no cover nearby. You panic for a moment, and then die, your stuff left to despawn in the middle of nowhere. But to make things worse, the moment you respawn, BAM you're dead again thanks to the rain in that world. My suggestion is that all spawns that don't have any cover overhead have 1 glass block directly above the spawn block so agnis can tp away or wait the rain out without losing stuff, power, or xp. Thanks for reading!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Gerrior,
Please do not request locks on threads that are not yours. That is up to the poster, and please do not backseat moderate.

In terms of this discussion, I will ask AurelienBela. to keep this to a non-personal level. Otherwise, I will give out warnings and notify forum admins to remove your posts.

Gerrior,
Please do not request locks on threads that are not yours. That is up to the poster, and please do not backseat moderate.

In terms of this discussion, I will ask AurelienBela. to keep this to a non-personal level. Otherwise, I will give out warnings and notify forum admins to remove your posts.

That is why I did say even if it isn't mine. I just feel some people take things too personal for an issue that isn't intended for them.

I wish you people would just be more careful and take two seconds of you time to make a shelter. Is it really that hard? In case you people haven't noticed, the Dakkar is a race that's only real disadvantage is taking water damage. Races have to have disadvantages, otherwise they aren't balanced out. If you do die because of rain, it's your own fault for not thinking.

I wish you people would just be more careful and take two seconds of you time to make a shelter. Is it really that hard? In case you people haven't noticed, the Dakkar is a race that's only real disadvantage is taking water damage. Races have to have disadvantages, otherwise they aren't balanced out. If you do die because of rain, it's your own fault for not thinking.

So in a friendly manner, is it their fault for having a bad connection or even crashing at random? :P

So in a friendly manner, is it their fault for having a bad connection or even crashing at random? :P

No, of course not, but this could happen with literally anybody, in different forms. Vampires could burn in the sun, or the other races might get attacked by mobs. This is just something people have to deal with, and I don't think it's worth making a special plugin just because people have bad connection. If it's that hard to deal with, change your race and quit complaining.

No, of course not, but this could happen with literally anybody, in different forms. Vampires could burn in the sun, or the other races might get attacked by mobs. This is just something people have to deal with, and I don't think it's worth making a special plugin just because people have bad connection. If it's that hard to deal with, change your race and quit complaining.

I see your point, it's just easier to defend yourself against mobs (unless you are truly new) and Vampires take damage over time so they have a closing window of time. Mobs however only spawn in populated or busy areas that arn't lit up. So mobs normally wouldn't spawn in an area that hasn't been touched for a while or someone who logged off shortly.

I see your point, it's just easier to defend yourself against mobs (unless you are truly new) and Vampires take damage over time so they have a closing window of time. Mobs however only spawn in populated or busy areas that arn't lit up. So mobs normally wouldn't spawn in an area that hasn't been touched for a while or someone who logged off shortly.

True, but as I said before, if you crash or get bad lag, you just gotta deal with it. There's no point in making a new plugin for the odd water death, because hey, other races die too, be it from the racial disadvantages or some other thing. It's just what happens.

True, but as I said before, if you crash or get bad lag, you just gotta deal with it. There's no point in making a new plugin for the odd water death, because hey, other races die too, be it from the racial disadvantages or some other thing. It's just what happens.

The original suggestion is not actually to make a new plugin, its just to make the world spawns have cover over them.

i literally just brought this idea up...several times.. but thank you for explaining that way for others.

The original suggestion is not actually to make a new plugin, its just to make the world spawns have cover over them.

Ohhhh, I thought you meant like a glass block above your log in point last lasted for a short time. If Regalia were to be covered by a glass dome, it would ruin the RP atmosphere....

Ohhhh, I thought you meant like a glass block above your log in point last lasted for a short time. If Regalia were to be covered by a glass dome, it would ruin the RP atmosphere....

First up, its not my suggestion, its the guy who posted this thread's. Also I don't think a glass dome is what he meant, just a glass block above the exact spawn location. However to be more RP correct I think the spawns should be inside the boat you would have come on to get there. Like in Ellador.

A problem don't you think, esp if you have a bad connection you could spawn in sunny, lag out and then rain when you're out in an open field.
I really dont understand how you think.. So you want that he allways has this damn block over his head?

I really dont understand how you think.. So you want that he allways has this damn block over his head?

No one ever said "Always" so I don't know where you are getting this idea from but what I said was Dakkar should spawn with a "1" glass block above their head for "20-30" seconds so they can /home /f home /some spawnpoint and not instantly die from the possible rain.

No one ever said "Always" so I don't know where you are getting this idea from but what I said was Dakkar should spawn with a "1" glass block above their head for "20-30" seconds so they can /home /f home /some spawnpoint and not instantly die from the possible rain.
Ahh, tell me that (drunk). Yeah if the block is like in a level of 200 it will work but what if it lags and you die from rain cuz the block didn't walk with you?

Ahh, tell me that (drunk). Yeah if the block is like in a level of 200 it will work but what if it lags and you die from rain cuz the block didn't walk with you?

The block wouldn't move, it would simply hover over the spawn point of said Dakkar for said time so that the player may use their head to figure out simple things like oh let's go home since it's not safe here. The reason why 20-30 would be that long for those that lag to allow a 10 second tele warmup.

The block wouldn't move, it would simply hover over the spawn point of said Dakkar for said time so that the player may use their head to figure out simple things like oh let's go home since it's not safe here. The reason why 20-30 would be that long for those that lag to allow a 10 second tele warmup.
Nice, thats what I thought. I support!

I'm not a dakkar btw, I'm a dwarf, I just noticed a lot of complaints about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.