Archived Small Change For The Good Of Dakkars

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SenorWorkman

Citizen
Reaction score
Faction
Talosia
If you've ever been an agni or dakkar, you know about the problem of logging on, only to find yourself in the middle of a rainstorm with no cover nearby. You panic for a moment, and then die, your stuff left to despawn in the middle of nowhere. But to make things worse, the moment you respawn, BAM you're dead again thanks to the rain in that world. My suggestion is that all spawns that don't have any cover overhead have 1 glass block directly above the spawn block so agnis can tp away or wait the rain out without losing stuff, power, or xp. Thanks for reading!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That is very unfair, since you as a Dakkar have no real way of knowing if it's raining. I don't think it'd be overly difficult to code but that's just my opinion. Supported

If you've ever been an agni or dakkar, you know about the problem of logging on, only to find yourself in the middle of a rainstorm with no cover nearby. You panic for a moment, and then die, your stuff left to despawn in the middle of nowhere. But to make things worse, the moment you respawn, BAM you're dead again thanks to the rain in that world. My suggestion is that all spawns that don't have any cover overhead have 1 glass block directly above the spawn block so agnis can tp away or wait the rain out without losing stuff, power, or xp. Thanks for reading!
Or just have it so you have 20 second after logging in before you get rain damage.

To solve the dieing when respawning all spawns can simply have a block over the spawn point to block rain, that takes absolutely no programing and very little effort to fix. About the dieing when logging on .. tough luck, try to log off in cover next time.

Or maybe instead of taking damage instantly there will be a required amount of time in the rain in order to take damage kinda like vampires.

Or seriously just log off when you see the rain and get on again and log off...thats what you get for being dakkar; its like vampires logging on during the day

There is no predicting when the rain is, and if you have a slow internet connection, it takes a little while to join, but the server still thinks you're online, so by the time you see the world; you're dead. Also in reply to the post above me, vampires logging on during the day have plenty of time, since the damage takes time to come into effect, plus I don't think people would like to have to log off for the rain, since the length of it could be really long, so vampires have a chance to get away, even if they don't want to burn they only have to wait 2-3 minutes from midday for it to be near enough dusk, and rain is direct.

Well you could just find cover before logging out..? I mean its not that hard.

Well you could just find cover before logging out..? I mean its not that hard.

I agree with this, thats what every experianced vampire does, you never log off when you know the danegers of your kind, think of it as being like irl, if you were allergic to the sun, would you really falls asleep at night and hope that you wake up before sunrise? Take/make shelter.

That is very unfair, since you as a Dakkar have no real way of knowing if it's raining. I don't think it'd be overly difficult to code but that's just my opinion. Supported
Wut are you talking about (drunk) ? You dont need to code anything... Just place the damn block over the spawn :P

I agree with this, thats what every experianced vampire does, you never log off when you know the danegers of your kind, think of it as being like irl, if you were allergic to the sun, would you really falls asleep at night and hope that you wake up before sunrise? Take/make shelter.
Tech... as much as I don't want to battle you in this... I kind of have to. :3 as a former Agni, I feel that all of the Dakkar should have SOMETHING to protect themselves. Because what y'all don't understand is that the rain takes in effect the very few seconds you're in the open. There is no TIME to make shelter or cover

Tech... as much as I don't want to battle you in this... I kind of have to. :3 as a former Agni, I feel that all of the Dakkar should have SOMETHING to protect themselves. Because what y'all don't understand is that the rain takes in effect the very few seconds you're in the open. There is no TIME to make shelter or cover

But the Time it takes for someone to look for a little shelter before logging.. its not really worth the trouble of making a plugin that protects Dakkar.

When I was a vampire, it was hazardous because if you spawned it could've been day. Most of the time i'd make a habit to take shelter under a building before logging off, but I would forget sometimes. It would've been really helpful to have something like this.

No but ive experianced the same thing with the sun. And unlike ran, you dont just stop burning when you find shade.

Also, when I was a Dakkar for a few days, I kept on dying continuously at the Daendroc spawn. It spawns you outside of the ship, and it is impossible to do anything but wait for the rain to stop. So annoying >.>

Maybe this server could get a more controlled weather type of thing, or a rain report of some sort, just estimates though since it is based in time before any real "sureness" could be made, and if that doesn't work, Dakkars just need some friends to give them some heads up

Or seriously just log off when you see the rain and get on again and log off...thats what you get for being dakkar; its like vampires logging on during the day

๖ۣۜVampyres have a chance to run for shade when they log on. Dakkar don't.
But the Time it takes for someone to look for a little shelter before logging.. its not really worth the trouble of making a plugin that protects Dakkar.
๖ۣۜHowever, I do agree with this. If you are a Dakkar, you know well of your weaknesses and should be sure to protect yourself as best you can before you log off. Same with the Vampyric, you gotta find shade before you log off, or you'll log back in with a 50/50 chance to begin ablaze.

Still, cover the spawns! It will benefit all the Dakkar and all the Vampyric once they head to places like Daendroc!

I am pretty sure that they are just talking about having all spawns covered, so Agni don't just get exterminated the second they show up in a rain storm, and not actually coding in anything new.

Wut are you talking about (drunk) ? You dont need to code anything... Just place the damn block over the spawn :P

A problem don't you think, esp if you have a bad connection you could spawn in sunny, lag out and then rain when you're out in an open field.

There is no predicting when the rain is, and if you have a slow internet connection, it takes a little while to join, but the server still thinks you're online, so by the time you see the world; you're dead. Also in reply to the post above me, vampires logging on during the day have plenty of time, since the damage takes time to come into effect, plus I don't think people would like to have to log off for the rain, since the length of it could be really long, so vampires have a chance to get away, even if they don't want to burn they only have to wait 2-3 minutes from midday for it to be near enough dusk, and rain is direct.
Lagging? Your fault; maybe I log on and because of bad connection, I get mobbed by zombies and dead before I know it. So should I petition that I spawn with a cobble stone cocoon?

๖ۣۜVampyres have a chance to run for shade when they log on. Dakkar don't.
๖ۣۜHowever, I do agree with this. If you are a Dakkar, you know well of your weaknesses and should be sure to protect yourself as best you can before you log off. Same with the Vampyric, you gotta find shade before you log off, or you'll log back in with a 50/50 chance to begin ablaze.

Still, cover the spawns! It will benefit all the Dakkar and all the Vampyric once they head to places like Daendroc!
Exactly! Look at post number 22. Lag and bad connection is your responsibility. The same could be said for everyone; maybe one day I log on with bad connection and I get attacked by mobs; I dont know its nightime, looked like daytime to me...so should I petition that I spawn with a cocoon of blocks to protect me until the lag passes over? Gerrior SenorWorkman

The thing is, when you get attacked it's only, once you can get your stuff, this is a scenario where it lasts longer and you're unable to obtain your items.

Exactly! Look at post number 22. Lag and bad connection is your responsibility. The same could be said for everyone; maybe one day I log on with bad connection and I get attacked by mobs; I dont know its nightime, looked like daytime to me...so should I petition that I spawn with a cocoon of blocks to protect me until the lag passes over? Gerrior SenorWorkman

If you're getting butthurt over that I think you should practice ways of dealing with your anger. All I simply said was Dakkar basically die easily in the rain. How would you like to be killed as soon as you spawned? Would that not ruin your day witht he possibility of losing all of your items? I think you should rethink what you said and listen/reread what other people also said. Grow up.

If you're getting butthurt over that I think you should practice ways of dealing with your anger. All I simply said was Dakkar basically die easily in the rain. How would you like to be killed as soon as you spawned? Would that not ruin your day witht he possibility of losing all of your items? I think you should rethink what you said and listen/reread what other people also said. Grow up.
I am not losing my anger and yes, I have died when I logged on because of bad connection and mobs attacking me. YOU should get over it. It happens to everyone; getting online and dieing, maybe its not because they are dakkar or agni, but maybe because they're a vampire in a place without cover or another race getting mobbed by monsters in the night.

I am not losing my anger and yes, I have died when I logged on because of bad connection and mobs attacking me. YOU should get over it. It happens to everyone; getting online and dieing, maybe its not because they are dakkar or agni, but maybe because they're a vampire in a place without cover or another race getting mobbed by monsters in the night.

What I am saying is Dakkar will die immediately in the rain, Vampires will die over time, plus it doesn't jump from one weather extreme to the other. Night>Dawn>Day>Dusk>Night and repeat. However when it rains, it goes from clear no clouds to rainstorm. Tell me how this 1 glass block that last 20-30 seconds is such a big deal for you to climb over?

Then just log off! Its one of the disadvantages of being an Agni/Dakkar -.-
What I am saying is Dakkar will die immediately in the rain, Vampires will die over time, plus it doesn't jump from one weather extreme to the other. Night>Dawn>Day>Dusk>Night and repeat. However when it rains, it goes from clear no clouds to rainstorm. Tell me how this 1 glass block that last 20-30 seconds is such a big deal for you to climb over?

on a side note..

You have seriously been extremely rude to multiple forum members lately and the person that keeps insulting people, ["butthurt" for example] and if you really can't control your angry, at least dont direct it at others. I remember reading a post from you, insulting all the people that were premiums calling them spoiled, fat kids that sit all day in front of a computer...

"I think the spoiled kids need to go off premium for a while and see how it feels. Being non Premium is challenging and difficult, I don't see why a little bit of defense bothers so many premiums, you guys don't even use them from what I'm seeing. You are all being snobs and greedy little fat kids; learn to share. Not everyone can feed off of their parents."

on a side note..

You have seriously been extremely rude to multiple forum members lately and the person that keeps insulting people, ["butthurt" for example] and if you really can't control your angry, at least dont direct it at others. I remember reading a post from you, insulting all the people that were premiums calling them spoiled, fat kids that sit all day in front of a computer...

"I think the spoiled kids need to go off premium for a while and see how it feels. Being non Premium is challenging and difficult, I don't see why a little bit of defense bothers so many premiums, you guys don't even use them from what I'm seeing. You are all being snobs and greedy little fat kids; learn to share. Not everyone can feed off of their parents."

Why exactly did you disagree with my post? It has nothing to do with logging on and off. It was only when you teleport to a world spawn or die and get sent to that world's spawn that I think there should be a cover for Dakkars.

Why exactly did you disagree with my post? It has nothing to do with logging on and off. It was only when you teleport to a world spawn or die and get sent to that world's spawn that I think there should be a cover for Dakkars.
I just honestly dont agree with dakkars getting the block, again, its the DISadvantage of being a dakkar, because currently you dont need food unless your damaged and need healing. 2. you can swim in lava (at a decent speed) 3. no damage from fire or lava

If you want to make absolute sure that you survive, dig a hole and cover it with dirt....not that hard. It's like falling asleep in the middle of a road and feeling annoyed when you get hit by a truck. You just should have been more careful. Massivecraft is already way too easy to survive in. I'd welcome the challenge if I were a Dakkar...if you can even call it a challenge.

I just honestly dont agree with dakkars getting the block, again, its the DISadvantage of being a dakkar, because currently you dont need food unless your damaged and need healing. 2. you can swim in lava (at a decent speed) 3. no damage from fire or lava

Yes, but dying over and over again and possibly losing your items if you're a nonpremium doesn't contribute to good roleplay and doesn't make anyone happy

on a side note..

Being insulted by being called butthurt? You seriously do not make friends easily do you? Now you are playing the defenseless sheep and acting innocent yet you called other people on the forums for simply agreeing with this suggestion and disagreed with everything I said, even if it wasn't towards you. I think your morals need to be checked and get your act together. Oh and for the premium post which you are now feeding off of something completely different just to say you have something to say, grow up and get a life kid. I am now premium, thanks to a friend but oh look, I still help people with things? Why you might ask? Because I've seen premium completely ignore non-premiums because they're not green. Give me a break and stop acting like a tool.

Being insulted by being called butthurt? You seriously do not make friends easily do you? Now you are playing the defenseless sheep and acting innocent yet you called other people on the forums for simply agreeing with this suggestion and disagreed with everything I said, even if it wasn't towards you. I think your morals need to be checked and get your act together. Oh and for the premium post which you are now feeding off of something completely different just to say you have something to say, grow up and get a life kid. I am now premium, thanks to a friend but oh look, I still help people with things? Why you might ask? Because I've seen premium completely ignore non-premiums because they're not green. Give me a break and stop acting like a tool.
So...when would you like me to make an appointment for "Anger Management" and "Megalomania"? I simply do not agree with the idea, honestly, dont think its needed. The DISadvantage of being a fire demon is that you get damaged from water. thats it.

Its ROLEPLAY? Dakkars are demons/fire beings...water is supposed to harm them? Helloo???

The act of dying over and over again is what I said in my post. I'm fine with taking damage. Please address the text I wrote, not something I didn't say.

And you are being very rude, no need to get mad...

Status
Not open for further replies.