Slizzar Character Wip -- Need Feedback, Clarifications.

Discussion in 'WIP Character Sheets' started by CrimsonPlagueDoc, May 6, 2024.

1. CrimsonPlagueDoc

CrimsonPlagueDoc

Name: Ace Devorare
    Heritage/Culture: "Lonestar" Slizzar, Tierravera Culture (Latin)
    Magic: Free-form magic. (Roleplay purposes only, non-combative.)
    Language: Common, Zoram, Cal(Calem) -- (May swear in German -- If possible/allowed)

Core Concept: Ace Devorare is a Slizzar whom chooses to best represent that of a full-body snake / cobra. That is to say, upper body is a snake humanoid, and the lower body is a full nagas' tail.

Visual description: "Ace Devorare", or preferably just "Ace", is a silvery-white scaled serpentine humanoid. Adorned and strewn across his arms, torso, and back are several tattoo-like imprints of a classic deck of cards. With a Spade symbol embedded into the front of his chest, and the back of his head (hood). Imprinted onto his back, but usually hidden by clothing of choice, is the mark of an Ace of Spades card. One significantly larger than the full deck sprawled out across his body. This card appears to be branded into his back, scarred and charred into the otherwise pristine silvery dorsal scales. Preferred shapeshifted height (once again assuming this is allowed), is 7 feet tall.

PACIFIST CHARACTER
    NO COMBAT!
    Roleplay fighting is acceptable -- Actions that are typed out for the means of progression, hostility, small fights. Things like arguments, scuffles, mild fist fights, wrestling, dueling, and so on. But combat with lethal intent, such as maiming, murdering, or going straight for the kill, is a hard no.

Alchemical/Athletic Hobby

Proficiencies
    Strength: 2
    Constitution: 3
    Intelligence: 1
    Wisdom: 2
    Dexterity: 4
    Faith: Zero
    Magic: 2

Bio: Ace's preferred way of life, and job is to work at a Tavern or Bar, as a bartender, caretaker, and general assistant. Usually, Ace will remain peaceful and polite until pushed around. He's not the biggest expert on social interactions, socially inept if you will, and thus intently watches patrons to figure out how to properly behave in new environments. "Adapt to survive," in a way. As such, he may occasionally come off as too friendly, or too aggressive, depending on his own observations of the world around him.

Like any cold blooded creature (assuming of course the Slizzar are cold blooded, I could not find any information for this on the wiki.), Ace will naturally seek out sources of heat. Leading to sunbathing, hanging out near flames, saunas, or otherwise packed rooms for warmth. Presuming that this is not in fact a thing about the Slizzar, I would just say he has poor body temperature regulation, and thus has a natural tendency to search for sources of heat.

#1 CrimsonPlagueDoc, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024
  2. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent Staff Member Lore1

Oooh, Slizzar are great fun! I play a Surya as a side character, and my current character used to be Slizzar before I decided to make her Ailor instead.

Ace isn't really a Slizzar name, but it could work as a nickname or pseudonym of some sort. You can look at Sanskrit names for inspiration. That said, since your character is Lonestar, they may instead have the name of another culture.
    Lonestar is a pretty good choice for a new player because it provides backstory reasons for not being familiar with all the Slizzar lore. I'd recommend seeking out other Slizzar players to teach your character ICly.

You are certainly allowed to present your character in full Slizzar form if you like, but should be aware that many characters will react with fear, distrust, or hostility to a character appearing as full Slizzar. Some players choose to have some shifts that appear as obviously Slizzar, while having others that are more disguised, depending on their needs. One of the fun things about Slizzar, though, is that you have a lot of flexibility to experiment and find something that works for you without having to start from scratch with a new character each time.
    The card themes are a neat visual design! They wouldn't be natural designs, but you could have them be tattoos or magical mutations. Magic is a bit taboo in Slizzar society, but as a Lonestar, he might not have been raised with that dislike. At one point, tattoos were also taboo, but that's no longer on the Wiki (I would interpret that as being, like, older and traditional Slizzar might not like it, but younger or more progressive ones might be fine with it.)

A note for you about combat! It sounds as though you're concerned about combat progressing into maiming and death, but that's not really a concern in most cases. We have a rule about kill perms/maim perms, which means that another player cannot kill or maim yours without clear OOC consent. There are some exceptions if a character is repeatedly and egregiously aggressing without allowing any consequences to happen to them, but killing off a character is always a last resort. You can read more about kill and maim perms here: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Roleplay_Rules#Roleplay_Conduct

Your profs look good! You do get a couple of free packs (you get the pack without having to spend a point on them) if you like, but they are optional. I would recommend at least taking the free Shapeshift Pack if you're planning on shifting into any other forms.
    You can additionally spend your proficiency points on various packs if you want to, though those are also optional. If you do choose to spend them, you can choose two abilities from the Strength category, 3 from Consitution, 1 from Intelligence, and so on.
    If you do choose to engage in combat, you'll need to record your Attack and Defense Stat, which can be found here: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Proficiency#Combat_Styles_Options
    Again, though, Combat is entirely optional, so feel free to skip that bit if you don't want to engage in it.

Bartender is a great way to get your bearings in RP and meet new people! I'd recommend seeking out Lizmun's character Joules, who works at the Golden Willow Tavern, to see about getting a job.
    As far as I know, Slizzar aren't naturally cold-blooded, but you are free to emote him enjoying warm temperatures as a personal quirk!
    Hopefully that all helps! This is looking like a good character to start with, but of course feel free to ask any other questions you might have.