Simple But Complex Character Study

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Tenmaku, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Tenmaku

Tenmaku J.A.P.A.N

Simply, but a question with deep thought in it. If by some miraculous circumstance your character did not exist in the world how would everything change?

1) How would it affect other characters who have a relationship with yours?

2) What pros and cons would occur by them not existing?

3) How would other characters act now that you didn't have an effect on them?

4) How would Regalia change without them?

5) Could the effects you brought in role-play be created in similar fashion by another character?

People I'd like to answer cause they might give good answers: @BillyTheScroofy @MantaRey @Jouster @Deadfoe51 @BeashSlap @Muffins_

• Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Tenmaku, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

1. How would it affect other characters who have a relationship with yours?
      1. If Dietrich didn't exist, I would suspect most characters to just act as normal. He never really has any friends, so him not existing wouldn't dramatically change things.
    2. What pros and cons would occur by them not existing?
      1. I think the Battle of Rothburg would have gone a completely different route. A good share of individuals got lucky when Dietrich took out Lommin and Reinhardt by himself, reducing Imperial casualties in the process. Though I expect the battle would be won regardless, and only that skirmish would potentially fail.
      2. In terms of Drixagh, that place would probably be looking a lot more like Vultaro that it does now. Dietrich's own incompetence at general command led to many in Drixagh to have a few extra weeks of life before the three armies marched out again. I'd assume von Treppewitz to march in earlier and raze the entire realm.
    3. How would other characters act now that you didn't have an effect on them?
      1. I think the last few points explain this a bit more, but essentially Dietrich not existing would not be a major change to most Regalians.
      2. However, without Dietrich, all 4 of his children would not exist, and Harald would be patriarch instead. This one change would make Drache a very different household, as Viridian ideals would be primary above any cultural norms. Drache would be a lot more dedicated in serving the Empire even at personal risk to the family, which is something Dietrich isn't fully willing to do, out of spite from the Drachenwald Baron's Army.
    4. How would Regalia change without them?
      1. Life would go on as usual. Dietrich's mark on things is just a footnote in the history of Aloria. Sure there are a few things that would be different, such as someone else initiating Ulric's proconsul vote, but in the grand scheme of things nothing would change.
    5. Could the effects you brought in role-play be created in similar fashion by another character?
      1. Yes. There could be a different field commander granted a lieutenant general commission. There could've been a different person to fight off two Ulfman. There could've been another individual to initiate votes.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1