Schools Update Project: Announcement And Sign-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydraLana

The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A while back, in the old Proficiency System, Schools were created and made to help give player character's access to a variety of skills and areas of expertise for use in Roleplay. However, when the System was condensed and updated, Schools were stripped of the skills they taught and left purely as background lore.

This Project is not restoring the bonuses or boosts granted by Schools. That system remains gone. Instead, the Schools Update Project will properly update all Combat and Intellect Schools together into a single central Schools page while also updating each School to a new format and up to the current lore and quality standard of the staff.

Unlike past Projects though, the system will not revolve around everyone applying and joining some common shared form of communication. Instead, following the link below, you will take a look at the Schools that are available to be written and you will apply to write the one that fits your interest. Please note, it is first come, first serve with these.

The link to the Spreadsheet can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YtiHmWfgcV5oB-V_hMqNOXhTUWIm1ogFlClXSTCFvfc/edit?usp=sharing

The Schools below the line of "Schools Being Removed" are, sadly, Schools that are being removed, usually for valid reasons including that whatever skills they taught are now a single united Proficiency and do not need a School any longer. If a player wishes to argue for a School's removal or continuation, they are free to contact me on the Forums or Discord to make their argument.

Everything that is lacking a writer is up to be taken. You are only allowed to take one School at a time for now, and a finished product must be ready within 2 to 3 weeks. Also keep in mind that I fully expect a majority of these to be simple reworks, updates and additions to fit the new format as few of these Schools are based on drastically changed lore. Players are free to consult me though if they feel they need specific advice or instructions. Follow the application process below, the format is found linked at the top of the Spreadsheet, and I hope everyone considers giving a School a try.

Application Format
Username:
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline):
A verbal "I, _____, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.". Be aware that if you are under the age of 16, you will have to sign the document with the permission of a parent/guardian AND you will need to use your IRL name. If you are uncomfortable or unwilling to do that, then you cannot write for this Project or any other. To keep you informed about the contact that you will be signing though, here is a link to the Legal contract for you all to read before you continue any further. Please make yourselves aware of what it states: LINK

Application Format
Username: FireFan96
School request: Drixon
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): end of the month. New Regalian Culture page is halfway done and this should be a quick thing.
"I, FireFan96, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.".

Last edited:
Application Format
Username: fuithlug
School request: Huntverk
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): End of the month
"I, fuithlug, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.".

Application Format
Username: MrH_
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): By the end of the month.
School request: Mariposa
"I, MrH_, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

Application Format
Username: Vegemiite
School Request: Esa-Ajo
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): 22nd
"I, Vegemiite, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

Username: @WrongChat
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: End of the month, along with the Urdthogg which is almost done ;).
School request: School of Lecgaen.

"I, WrongChat, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

Username: Lord_Immortal
School Request: School of Lecgaen
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): End of Month (easily)
"I, Ethan Whitcombe, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

Application Format
Username: FireFan95
School request: Drixon
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): end of the month. New Regalian Culture page is halfway done and this should be a quick thing.
"I, FireFan96, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.".
Application Format
Username: fuithlug
School request: Huntverk
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): End of the month
"I, fuithlug, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.".
Application Format
Username: MrH_
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): By the end of the month.
School request: Mariposa
"I, MrH_, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
Application Format
Username: Vegemiite
School Request: Esa-Ajo
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): 22nd
"I, Vegemiite, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: End of the month, along with the Urdthogg which is almost done ;).
School request: School of Lecgaen.

"I, WrongChat, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
Accepted. To keep you informed about the contact that you will be signing though, here is a link to the Legal contract for you all to read before you continue any further. Please make yourselves aware of what it states: LINK If you are still interested in writing, please go ahead.
Username: Lord_Immortal
School Request: School of Lecgaen
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): End of Month (easily)
"I, Ethan Whitcombe, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
WrongChat has already taken this School, I am sorry it is not available to be written,would you like to write a different one?

Accepted. To keep you informed about the contact that you will be signing though, here is a link to the Legal contract for you all to read before you continue any further. Please make yourselves aware of what it states: LINK If you are still interested in writing, please go ahead.

WrongChat has already taken this School, I am sorry it is not available to be written,would you like to write a different one?
No thank you; if it is not completed or abandoned I'll happily take it up at request.

Username: Sozzer
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: 2-3 days max, I have absolutely nothing to do with my time at the moment, and the school I'm requesting needs fairly minimal updates.
School Request: Atraves.

I've agreed to the contract before. If it's changed since, I agree to the new terms.

Username: Sozzer
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: 2-3 days max, I have absolutely nothing to do with my time at the moment, and the school I'm requesting needs fairly minimal updates.
School Request: Atraves.

I've agreed to the contract before. If it's changed since, I agree to the new terms.
Accepted, you are free to proceed with your re-write.

Rewritten, requesting School of Undercroft/Vilestate for combined rewrite while awaiting review of Atraves.
Please provide me with a link to an editable version of the document, my Discord is HydraLana#1362

Username: Fergoff
School Request: Lancyon.
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: March 15th at the very latest.
"I, Fergoff, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

Username: Fergoff
School Request: Lancyon.
When you suspect you can have your first submission done: March 15th at the very latest.
"I, Fergoff, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
Accepted, write away.

School request: Sancella
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): March 15th.
"I, FireFan96, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."

School request: Sancella
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): March 15th.
"I, FireFan96, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing."
Accepted, write away.

When you suspect you can have your first submission done: End of the month, after I finish the Urdthogg comments ;)
School request: School of Graklak.

When you suspect you can have your first submission done: End of the month, after I finish the Urdthogg comments ;)
School request: School of Graklak.
Write away.

School request: Beorl
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): March 22nd at the latest.

School request: Beorl
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): March 22nd at the latest.
Go write ahead.

Application Format
Username: Nixces
School request: Feer-Drakken
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): A few days after being accepted, maybe a week.
I, Nixces, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing as well as my legal guardian due to being under the age of 16 (by a few months) .

Application Format
Username: Nixces
School request: Feer-Drakken
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): A few days after being accepted, maybe a week.
I, Nixces, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing as well as my legal guardian due to being under the age of 16 (by a few months) .
Go write ahead.

Username: Goldifish
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): A week from this date.
School: Wapnbog
I, Goldfish, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.

Username: Goldifish
When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): A week from this date.
School: Wapnbog
I, Goldfish, will agree to sign the MassiveCraft Legal Contract once I am done writing.
Get-a writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.