Archived Sanity Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn Diamond

Flare BlazeRod
Reaction score
Anyone here played Amnesia? No? Ok, so anyways thisnplugin adds the addition of a sanity mechanic into MassiveCraft. You have a piece of nether wart renamed "Sanity" that shows your current state of mind. Your player has different ways of losing it. You lose sanity by staying in the complete darkness for too long, watching a villager die, eating Rotten Flesh, poisonous potatos, and puffer fish. Entering The Nether or The End for the first time will also drain it slightly. You will have different effects depending on your amount of sanity. 70% Slowness 1 weakness 1. 50% slowness 1 weakness 2 and mining fatigue 2. 30% slowness 2 weakness 3 and mining fatigue 3. 10% or less slowness 3 weakness 3 mining fatigue 4 and blindness. 2% Wither Effect. Now there are ways for you to get a grp. Staying in sunlight, eating cookies, cake, pie, and vegetables, taming cats and dogs, and drinking healing/regeneration potions.
EDIT: Ok I read the feedback, the darkness thing would get pretty annoying considering how many places there are in Regalia while roleplaying. Also, I saw about the system being annoying and I agree the hunger bar is bad enough.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sounds a lot like don't starve, however this seems completely impractical and I can't seem to see any benefit of it.

Oooh. Normally I'm not inclined to partially like things from purple dragons, but, since I've forced myself to complete Amnesia, I would like it. But, like the many points here, the whole thing would end up being a huge hassle for RP'ers who spend time in the /rather dark/ tavern. Yes, it might add to the meta and such, but, given the tavern lighting and other such lighting all over Regalia, which I doubt anyone has time to worry about, and the fact it simply seems to be a "throw it in because why not" idea. It's nice, it's just not for /here/.

Actually, I've been suggesting very similar ideas for the traits plugin based on specific mental disorders. So far I only have schizophrenia.

I feel that this is more of an annoyance than a instance of insanity.

Sanity? I don't think that's necessary...

Spawns zombies that only you can see? But they don't attack or do anything, they're just there?
That'd be awesome. :D
That's an interesting idea. I was mostly focusing on paranoia and auditory hallucinations. And flavor text. Lots of flavor text.

While having certain ways to go insane might be fun, I don't think it'd be a good idea to have it happen by simply not getting enough sunlight and other common practices (This would mean that all dwarves would go insane). Having it inflicted through potions and poisonous food might be fun, but forcing players to alter their play style to avoid going crazy doesn't seem very reasonable to me. While it shouldn't be too easy to survive on a server like MassiveCraft, maintaining your health shouldn't be a full time occupation, that's not the type of game Minecraft is.

I will be honest:
I think this does not fit with the theme of massivecraft nor most peoples current playstyles. I mean that kind of plugin might be usefull for adventure map servers but not so much here.
This might be just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.