Archived Roleplay Personal Weapons

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruallassar

The shadow of power
Reaction score
Here is an idea.
Roleplay character personal weapons.
  1. One who has an approved roleplay character, can apply to get their named roleplay weapons in-game.
  2. These weapons would have a ridiculously high unbreaking enchantment, (to prevent loss by breakage) a infinity enchantment in the case of a bow, and a fire enchantment if applicable to the roleplay weapon. No other enchantments because these are supposed to be strictly roleplay equipment, not god weapons for raiding Magnimonious. (Or other people if you are in Mag)
  3. These weapons would also have the roleplay weapon name, and a description identifying the roleplay character whom it belongs to, the ign of the player it belongs to, and some other short description of the weapon. (physical characteristics, not history)
  4. These weapons would, even if you are not premium, not be dropped upon death. That way if you happen to be carrying it during the unfortunate event of a Mag raid, it will not be lost. (roleplay weapon, not pvp weapon)
  5. Diamond swords would not be applicable, because diamond would not be used to make a sword in roleplay. (and it could be abused to created diamond swords you would never lose)
  6. For obtainment, one would have to apply on the forums, and then contact a lore staff in-game.
Opinions? Feedback? Approval by staff?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just have lore added to it...

I personally think that this would be a good idea, but, you should have to apply for it. If possible, the mods should make it so that in most cases, the damage of the item is zero, the durability is unlimited, and, I think that only then should they be impossible to lose, because who wants to lose that? The only issue (Which doesn't apply to very many people at all) is that there really isn't a material that Dakkar use to forge weapons!!! And I don't want this unless I have access to my rp weapon! Seriously, what do Dakkar use to make their weapons? Gold? Iron? Quite honestly, I believe diamond makes the most sense as Gana-Isha is very deep underground and diamonds are very deep as well. But, seriously, that is a major issue to me. I mean, what is a Patta even? Some kind of sword? And what would it be made out of?! I'm freaking out!!!

I don't really agree with this... Although they never break, they can be stolen in a raid, accidentally dropped and another player picks it up, burnt in water if you're dakkar/agni, or dropped in lava. These can be lost very easily (Like I lose all my dia tools every minute --_--).

Also, it would be near impossible to get a mod to be bothered to put the player's IGN, Chara's name and characteristics, etc. It would take ages seeing as there are hundreds of players on MassiveCraft (Possible thouasnds if you incluse the one-time players).

And what if the player changes race/RP character? Then they will need a whole new weapon and characteristics, name, etc.

It seems like an amazing idea, but it just wouldn't work out with all the difficulties. If it ever DID happen, I'd love it, but I would lose it easily, I'm sure other players would too.

Jess_The_Donkey
You see, that is why you have to apply for it after you have an approved RP character application for the person. If they did make it, they should give it ZERO damage, infinite durability, and using the whole thing that makes premiums keep their items work on that item. But, I'm still worried about what they would use for Dakkar weapons. What do they use underground? Obsidian? And if so, HOW CAN YOU GET AN OBSIDIAN WEAPON???

Jess_The_Donkey
You see, that is why you have to apply for it after you have an approved RP character application for the person. If they did make it, they should give it ZERO damage, infinite durability, and using the whole thing that makes premiums keep their items work on that item. But, I'm still worried about what they would use for Dakkar weapons. What do they use underground? Obsidian? And if so, HOW CAN YOU GET AN OBSIDIAN WEAPON???

Use an iron sword, and call it obsidian. However, another thing I have been wondering is if it is possible to have a changed texture through optifine on a weildable item, such as a sword. If so, that would work as well.

About not losing the weapon. Maybe if the weapon dose not get returned the owner has a right to make a ban appeal about it. Punishment: 2/5 hour ban (if the owner requests the weapon back, and the person who took it says no. Then they have a right to post a ban/ Give it back or infra dent death! Deal) and plush, I don't think they can have/ add a plug in just yo keep one item in the invo, unless the coders of massive put a lot of time into there day.

About not losing the weapon. Maybe if the weapon dose not get returned the owner has a right to make a ban appeal about it. Punishment: 2/5 hour ban

That would just make more work for staff. This whole idea sounds like a bunch of work for staff, with little reward for them or anyone. Alot of work for little reward, when they could be doing other things that vastly improve the server. I am going to give this a huge disagree due to the amount of staff work involved. I would rather have traits anyway.

That would just make more work for staff. This whole idea sounds like a bunch of work for staff, with little reward for them or anyone. Alot of work for little reward, when they could be doing other things that vastly improve the server. I am going to give this a huge disagree due to the amount of staff work involved. I would rather have traits anyway.
I agree. But it is a good idea ... If only the person would give it back ..... That killed the player

I agree. But it is a good idea ... If only the person would give it back ..... That killed the player

... You realize the people that kill others, are PVPers. No pvper wants to run through regalia and give back the item they just won for killing the player. The trust system, does. not. work. There would be ban complaints, "I just killed a dude and got banned WTF". Then the amount of people issuing bans "HE HAS MY ITEM, BAN HIM". Really, a ban is both extreme and well, a stupid solution. You want to use the trust system, and then reinforce it with fear of a ban. It doesn't work. Plus it just increases the amount of staff work.

That's a good point, patrickdxs . I just realized that. Well, I think that it would be a nice addition, but it would just be too much work. And, Cruallassar , that is a pretty good idea, but, iron looks nothing look obsidian.

... You realize the people that kill others, are PVPers. No pvper wants to run through regalia and give back the item they just won for killing the player. The trust system, does. not. work. There would be ban complaints, "I just killed a dude and got banned WTF". Then the amount of people issuing bans "HE HAS MY ITEM, BAN HIM". Really, a ban is both extreme and well, a stupid solution. You want to use the trust system, and then reinforce it with fear of a ban. It doesn't work. Plus it just increases the amount of staff work.
You noticed on the ban appeal, there can be a warning first if the player dose not return the item in one/two days then 3/2 hour ban and I do agree on the staff work part too much for them.

That's a good point, patrickdxs . I just realized that. Well, I think that it would be a nice addition, but it would just be too much work. And, Cruallassar , that is a pretty good idea, but, iron looks nothing look obsidian.

That is why I suggested changed texture via optifine. Although, it definitely looks a lot more like obsidian than diamond. You have a better idea?

And this whole idea is to people who have an approved rp character, and are known as decent rpers. Not the whole server, by any stretch of the imagination.

That is why I suggested changed texture via optifine. Although, it definitely looks a lot more like obsidian than diamond. You have a better idea?

And this whole idea is to people who have an approved rp character, and are known as decent rpers. Not the whole server, by any stretch of the imagination.

Jess_The_Donkey

Yeah, but what about if you aren't prem, like me, and what if you tried to defend yourself from the attacker if you were prem? Then that would count as attack in the last 30 seconds and you'd lose your inv and armour.

Yeah, but what about if you aren't prem, like me, and what if you tried to defend yourself from the attacker if you were prem? Then that would count as attack in the last 30 seconds and you'd lose your inv and armour.
No, I mean they'd use a similar plugin, but you don't lose it even if you did attack someone.

I personally already rename my characters' weapons at anvils and enchant them if need be, as do many people in the faction I am in. I see no reason as to why they would implement such an easily abusable system when people can achieve the same thing with a little effort. Whilst the idea behind it is nice, implementing something like this to the game seems like it might cause more harm than good.
I agree to this, but I think it would be cool for us to be able to describe our weapon rather than just naming it for our rp. I mean if you are a mage, you probably carry around an item/hoe/wand looking thing. Or if you have a scythe, or a spear/lance/ some unusual weapon, it would be cool to put that in the description rather than the name. It would be nice to put something more descript, but doing this ourselves. Also, to prevent copying voting items... I don't know, add a copyright on voting items that cant be applied to non-voting items?

If you can already do this, well... facepalm

I don't really think this is an even remotely important (Read:Necessary) addition. I already have multiple roleplay weapons that my character uses, and they're simply renamed items. My metal caps on my claws are shears, my scythe is a pickaxe, my caltrops are renamed flint, ect. All this would do is create more work for the mods, and it would leave less time for them to enjoy the server/help people with real problems.

Excellent idea, however I think that they shouldn't do any damage. They're for Roleplay, not PvP.

๖ۣۜWhat I honestly will say is that everyone is using Roleplay in a lazy manner.
Roleplay is not the ability to have something be there and to act with it,
but to NOT have the item there, but still be able to act as though it was.

I have seen plenty of people use an axe as a hammer,
I have once used a shovel as a mace,
use a sword/shears as a dagger,
and be able to bend down.
There are no maces, daggers, hammers, or even knees, yet we can still act with it. Is there a reason you can't? Better yet, if you are so worried to lose it, get Premium and throw it into there when you hit PVP environments,

Or store a chest at your home / faction home and have it locked for special usage of RP.

When I was Premium, I literally used my BP to store loadouts for different environments.
  • High-Scale PVP,
  • Low-Scale PVP,
  • Mining,
  • Wandering,
  • Special,
  • Food,
  • RP.
If you lose it, so be it, just get a new item, train for about 7 minutes, and rename it again.
Too expensive? Stop using Diamond. Use Iron or stone. I can promise no one had diamond and gold items. It was common to have wooden, actually. Stone was just as common, and iron was a bit harder to get, but was still there...

As I once stated before, cool to have, but lazy to not just imagine it.

Would it be possible to have a custom "recipe" to add a renamed paper to an item in the anvil and it will add it as lore text for ?xp. (I have no idea how hard this would be to code but it would be fun for RPers and not be that hard to replace if you accidentally hit q instead of w to move and threw your prized family sword into the lava)

When I was Premium, I literally used my BP to store loadouts for different environments.
  • High-Scale PVP,
  • Low-Scale PVP,
  • Mining,
  • Wandering,
  • Special,
  • Food,
  • RP.

i have alway's my food/pvp stuff on me. if i rp i just use my pvp equipment no one sees the name except me and it doesn't bother me that it doesn't have a fancy name. i totally agree with you

Another interesting thing would be to be able to add a rp history to a weapon, that you can see if you look at it in an item frame. That would allow for weapon showcases or whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.