Archived Roleplay Personal Weapons

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruallassar

The shadow of power
Reaction score
Here is an idea.
Roleplay character personal weapons.
  1. One who has an approved roleplay character, can apply to get their named roleplay weapons in-game.
  2. These weapons would have a ridiculously high unbreaking enchantment, (to prevent loss by breakage) a infinity enchantment in the case of a bow, and a fire enchantment if applicable to the roleplay weapon. No other enchantments because these are supposed to be strictly roleplay equipment, not god weapons for raiding Magnimonious. (Or other people if you are in Mag)
  3. These weapons would also have the roleplay weapon name, and a description identifying the roleplay character whom it belongs to, the ign of the player it belongs to, and some other short description of the weapon. (physical characteristics, not history)
  4. These weapons would, even if you are not premium, not be dropped upon death. That way if you happen to be carrying it during the unfortunate event of a Mag raid, it will not be lost. (roleplay weapon, not pvp weapon)
  5. Diamond swords would not be applicable, because diamond would not be used to make a sword in roleplay. (and it could be abused to created diamond swords you would never lose)
  6. For obtainment, one would have to apply on the forums, and then contact a lore staff in-game.
Opinions? Feedback? Approval by staff?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Also, what if your roleplay weapon is made of diamonds? (Because of technology, diamond tools must be magically forged, if I'm correct.)

Actually, there is a command in game to generate tools that do not have durability. Or durability bars, meaning they would really never break.

Actually, there is a command in game to generate tools that do not have durability. Or durability bars, meaning they would really never break.

I don't agree with this. People would just have to make a roleplay character, and boom, you'd have an unbreakable weapon. Not only that, but if this were implemented, you wouldn't even lose it upon death.

Overall this seems like a good idea, however there are a couple flaws that I see to it:

1. If these weapons are "strictly RP", why must they have enchantments on them?

2. The idea that you keep these on death doesn't seem like a good idea. This could easily be abused by kamikaze PvPers (by that I mean those unarmored noobs who always run out of their faction's base and punchwhore people, only to be killed, and continue to repeat that process).

If these are just going to be for RP purposes, then all they need on them is a custom name and description.

๖ۣۜI would honestly say the weapon should have Knockback on it at max if it is going to have battle enchants.
And load it with other useless enchants that don't effect combat, just to prevent someone from adding stuff onto it (I think max is 4). Say, thorns, power (melee), all the such. I like how it can't be diamond though,
I don't agree with this. People would just have to make a roleplay character, and boom, you'd have an unbreakable weapon. Not only that, but if this were implemented, you wouldn't even lose it upon death.
It mainly can help boot this idea to the side. If you think about it Kirby, barely anyone actually uses iron tools for raiding. If they do, they often are desperate or have extreme enchantments on them. However, I feel like it SHOULD have durability. If you smack someone with it in RP, you don't lose durability. I would like it to have Unbreaking, yes, at a semi-high level. Say, III to V, perhaps. Besides, in RP/Realism terms, your weapon won't last forever. It will eventually crack and shatter, so you will eventually have to fix it as well, using terms of magic or terms of a normal black-smithy. It again, also helps to prevent this such from being abused because you would need to still fix it and all.

The sheer thought of all the work and people trying to abuse it... all because people can't just RP it out.

๖ۣۜYou have a point. A lot of us are probably just thinking of how cool it would be to have it, not what would happen when we use it.

Or you can make your own weapon and take care of it like a normal person. I have a successful replica of the Maiar voting weapon with my own custom name on it. You can do the same if you put time and effort into doing so.

I think if your going to make a special RP weapon you should put the time into it to make it yourself. It would hold much more value to you and you wouldn't have to ask the mods to make it for you. Just seems like a lot of man power for a luxury that could be very easily abused.

My opinions on this.
- Since those are ROLEPLAY personal weapons they do not need any enchants (exceptions are magical weapons, and those could get some kind of useless enchant).
- No drop on death?? Nope. RP is mainly in Regalia and in Faction Bases. Regalia is a safe location and Faction Bases are semi safe (depending on the layout).
- If lost or destroyed maybe a reaply for the weapons at a certain cost (like 10-15s fee). Limited of course to 1-2 reapplys, if you lose your weapon that often you clearly do NOT watch out for it.

I personally already rename my characters' weapons at anvils and enchant them if need be, as do many people in the faction I am in. I see no reason as to why they would implement such an easily abusable system when people can achieve the same thing with a little effort. Whilst the idea behind it is nice, implementing something like this to the game seems like it might cause more harm than good.

First of all: this is very bad idea... Make your own weapon, and why would you need to have rp weapon in the first place. Btw no one can read the name anyway. Then you say:" well if I kill people with it". Rp weapons are too rp not to attack peeps. The admins decide, but probably this won't be implemented.

I don't see how this differs from just re-naming your weapons. It's not like that's hard to do. I, for example, casually have a diamond sword named 'Booby Knife' around, and I know that Baba has a Staff of Excile named 'Celine's staff'.

My opinions on this.
- Since those are ROLEPLAY personal weapons they do not need any enchants (exceptions are magical weapons, and those could get some kind of useless enchant).
- No drop on death?? Nope. RP is mainly in Regalia and in Faction Bases. Regalia is a safe location and Faction Bases are semi safe (depending on the layout).
- If lost or destroyed maybe a reaply for the weapons at a certain cost (like 10-15s fee). Limited of course to 1-2 reapplys, if you lose your weapon that often you clearly do NOT watch out for it.

People who have RP weapons would tend to want to use them in battle though. I agree with the no enchants part though.

I just made my own weapon with unique enchants and custom name, and I take good care of it. I like having a little durability gone too, as it makes it seem "used" or dented/scratched. But if you want lore or enchants not attainable ig, get a voting reward of weapon/material of choice, throw some books on it, change the name, and boom. I made god armor out of elite armor that way :3

Seeing problems above, I think I see a slightly modified version working for everyone.
  • For the problem with dropping it; I'd say we should have a no-RP-weapon drop system. Once given some your own RP weapon, there should be some sort of /rpweapon set command, so the console identifies this is your weapon. This would mean others can't take it- if you want to give it away you can /rpweapon unset the weapon.
  • For the problem of unlimited durability; Do it. I'll partially explain limiting it in the next point.
  • For the problem of abuse for God Weapons; Maybe the RP weapons could do no damage? This way if an RP weapon was taken out, you couldn't use it for an unbreaking god weapon. No enchantments needed. This will be the same for tools, where if you make a tool your RP weapon it cannot be used, and with blocks they cannot be placed.
  • For the problem of weapon duplication where weapons may be valuable; Use the system like /he tool to ensure only one copy can be taken out at a time.
  • For the problem of unlimited bows; This makes sense- to an extent. How many arrows would you realistically be able to carry? Try giving 40 arrows for RP use, in some sort of quiver, removed after the RP weapon is put away with some sort of /rpweapon draw or /rpweapon sheath command.
  • For the problem of unrealistic diamond weapons;
    CaptainObvious-s450x319-80126.jpg
    (But seriously, deal with it or limit it.)
I think this could work with some edits to appease the problems put forward.

I may have a problem making this 'ingame': ...
(my rp staff)
21q5aq.png
To speak the truth, I think we can have rp weapons without the protection, (we just have to be carefull on their useage) Although asking a staff member to add discription to 'this' is debatable.

For me, I think this thread would be more accurate as "Roleplay Personal ITEMS" rather than weapons.

As I, personally, would not wish to have a weapon but would want a pre-existing item I have to be my particular item.

-Enchantments not needed. If the item is an enchantable item, and makes sense to have enchants, then enchant it yourself.

For me, the only thing I would like is if the roleplay personal item was given a unique description.

For example:

Item: Enchanted Diamond hoe ((self-enchanted))
Aria's Ice Rose Staff
A diamond-headed staff with a rose-shaped ring embedded in the handle.

It's a nice idea, and would be nice to have, but at the same time I feel it may be more work than it's worth for mods that have more important things to be working on.

Or you could just rename them on an anvil and PRETEND.

Neat idea, but I could see this turning into a nightmare for staff. "I threw my special super sword in a volcano by accident.. please spawn me a new one."

Ok, to answer some or more of the questions/points going around...

Question: Why enchants?
Answer: The only enchants would be infinity for bows, and flame for either if applicable. If unbreaking is not required to make an unbreaking weapon, then it is not needed. Infinity would be to eliminate the necessity of carrying a stack of arrows when you want to roleplay and shoot arrows in Regalia, and the flame for obvious roleplay reasons. Flaming arrows.

Question: Abuse?
Answer: No one will want to use an iron sword in an actual pvp battle, even if they don't lose it.

Question: What is the purpose?
Answer: Two purposes. The first is purely to make you feel good with a roleplay named weapon that you don't have to worry about losing or wasting enchant xp naming or whatnot. One does not have to worry that their roleplay weapon will be lost if they happen to be carrying it in a darkroom.
Second is this. Remember that roleplay war that may eventually be happening between Avallone and Barjuk? Elves vs orcs, in a strict roleplay war, not pvp based? That is a purpose of this. Two factions can schedule a strict roleplay war, without the necessity of having to go through returning items or whatnot, but still getting the roleplay effect of using your roleplay sword. This is also an effect of not having durability, complete unbreaking.

Question: Why only weapons? Why not anything?
Answer: Good point. Not just weapons, anything including armor. That said, it would have to be in effect for your roleplay character. I had wanted to avoid armor due to the added possibility of abuse, however since that has been asked, that could also be part of the idea. And sticks as well, they make good staves.
I may have a problem making this 'ingame': ...
(my rp staff)
View attachment 16316
That can be a blaze rod, or a gold shovel.

Question: Staff overworking?
Answer: That is why it would be a set system of apply on the forums, contact in game after acceptance. That should help.

Finally, another possible feature, due to the mentioned issue of "Who would know about your weapon, or care?"
Any time you arm your roleplay weapon, have a local chat message.
For example, I arm my roleplay bow, Flaming Terror. (no, that is not its name)
Local chat message: Crual-lassa' Ras drew bow Flaming Terror

Ok, to answer some or more of the questions/points going around...

Question: Why enchants?
Answer: The only enchants would be infinity for bows, and flame for either if applicable. If unbreaking is not required to make an unbreaking weapon, then it is not needed. Infinity would be to eliminate the necessity of carrying a stack of arrows when you want to roleplay and shoot arrows in Regalia, and the flame for obvious roleplay reasons. Flaming arrows.

Question: Abuse?
Answer: No one will want to use an iron sword in an actual pvp battle, even if they don't lose it.

Question: What is the purpose?
Answer: Two purposes. The first is purely to make you feel good with a roleplay named weapon that you don't have to worry about losing or wasting enchant xp naming or whatnot. One does not have to worry that their roleplay weapon will be lost if they happen to be carrying it in a darkroom.
Second is this. Remember that roleplay war that may eventually be happening between Avallone and Barjuk? Elves vs orcs, in a strict roleplay war, not pvp based? That is a purpose of this. Two factions can schedule a strict roleplay war, without the necessity of having to go through returning items or whatnot, but still getting the roleplay effect of using your roleplay sword. This is also an effect of not having durability, complete unbreaking.

Question: Why only weapons? Why not anything?
Answer: Good point. Not just weapons, anything including armor. That said, it would have to be in effect for your roleplay character. I had wanted to avoid armor due to the added possibility of abuse, however since that has been asked, that could also be part of the idea. And sticks as well, they make good staves.

That can be a blaze rod, or a gold shovel.

Question: Staff overworking?
Answer: That is why it would be a set system of apply on the forums, contact in game after acceptance. That should help.

Finally, another possible feature, due to the mentioned issue of "Who would know about your weapon, or care?"
Any time you arm your roleplay weapon, have a local chat message.
For example, I arm my roleplay bow, Flaming Terror. (no, that is not its name)
Local chat message: Crual-lassa' Ras drew bow Flaming Terror
"TrolledPan1337 unsheathed Flaming Sword"
"TrolledPan1337 sheathed the Flaming Sword"

New goal... If this is approved, Collect everyone else's RP weapons and stare at them all night.

I think this is a little unnecessary to say the least, however the command to remove durability from a item could be combined with the keep on death aspect as something for staff or renowned role-players to have. Wouldn't it be a pain if a mod or important role-play figure dropped their well known item for some random to pick up?

I also think unbreakable weapons or items could be put to use as some form of reward, a very rare and near impossible to achieve reward.

What if someone got disarmed in combat or lost it in some other way? Of course, there would be tons of complaining in General and on the forums. This just seems like it'd be horrible for mods to take care of. People should just use anvils.

I like the concept of the idea, but not the entire idea.

Keep on Death is stupid. If your character is knocked out (which is what happens in RP when you die) the winner would probably loot you of your valuables.

Endless Durability is also stupid - weapons wear down over time, unless they are given powerful spells to keep them safe. But not something that is overloaded like Unbreaking 20 or some other bull.

Perhaps as a premium perk for roleplayers?

With a cooldown time to prevent spam.

What if someone got disarmed in combat or lost it in some other way? Of course, there would be tons of complaining in General and on the forums. This just seems like it'd be horrible for mods to take care of. People should just use anvils.
Disarmed in combat is the person's own fault. No loss on death prevents loss inadvertently, but getting it disarmed is their own blasted fault. Unless it is during a roleplay war, in which case returning disarmed weapons is a hell of a lot easier then returning everything.
I like the concept of the idea, but not the entire idea.

Keep on Death is stupid. If your character is knocked out (which is what happens in RP when you die) the winner would probably loot you of your valuables.

Endless Durability is also stupid - weapons wear down over time, unless they are given powerful spells to keep them safe. But not something that is overloaded like Unbreaking 20 or some other bull.

Perhaps as a premium perk for roleplayers?

That is the part where you merely have to go against reality. Premium members already have the keep on death part, which is why I said for everyone. And endless durability only makes sense, otherwise if one wears down you have people asking the staff for replacements because their sword broke

And shame on you for suggesting yet another premium perk! Besides, that too is impractical, since you are applying for these on the forums. This is a reward for good roleplay, not a reward for donating.

Personally, maybe if you worked for it, or if it costs money. Like 100-150r's would be nice. It's costly, and those who REALLY want it will get it. But, I think there should be a shop, or forum post on it, there they can be named and made(Descriptions really, the big purple texts) I mean, I think it feels better when you have an item like that.

I think this is a VERY good idea, so I can make my sword and not lose it to a guy camping a spawn ((what happened when I made my first rp weapon)). So I give this my support.

gogreygo seal of approval
((copyrighted))

Status
Not open for further replies.