Archived Role-play Combat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Dices of course. If you want to RP and fight each other, you should both have an approved character sheet with all traits, merits and flaws on them. Use this method and it'll be much easier to "rp it out".

Problem is, you need a kind of story or character admin. Someone who keeps track of others char sheets and 'levels' them up when they deserve to be leveled up. Otherwise people will be like: mah unarmed skill is over 9000 *rolls 9000 dices*

My character doesn't really get in a whole lot of fights, but in the event that I do, I'd rather rp it because it gives a little more control over things happening they way they more likely would happen based on the characters involved specifically. The downside, obviously, is that most people would have themselves come out victorious and you end up with a lot of "-dodges-"

If I get attacked in wilderness though I'm pretty much always gonna respond with pvp.

lOy4DJi.gif

In my experience its usually a matter of:

Smelly pointy ear : You is stupid face
Extremly handsome orc: Rohghash break you! -attempts to lodge his axe in the elve's face-
Smelly pointy ear : -Nimbly dodges the axe due to him being a smelly, quick, little elf-

Btw my character would hate you for chopping down trees in RP

Personally, I think the server should have an rp combat plug, which bases the chances on Mcmmo levels and team sizes.

Personally, I think the server should have an rp combat plug, which bases the chances on Mcmmo levels and team sizes.

i disagree with mcmmo levels, unless we can level them up through this plugin, what I believe should happen is when the new trait system comes out we take those traits into consideration when in role-play combat and decide what would happen based on these bonuses and abilities, maybe even have them have a plugin based around that, in fact:

MonMarty
what do you think of this idea; have the trait plugin also compare abilities and negatives between two players and decide who has the advantage based on the traits and tell both players who would win in what situations, for example:

-fight begins between two players-
/traits patrickdxs vs hiddenmonkey10 archery axe duel
calculating...
hiddenmonkey10 has defeated patrickdxs

/traits patrickdxs vs _omnomivore_ sword sword duel
calculating...
patrickdxs has defeated _omnomivore_

the basic concept is it takes all their abilities and disadvantages into account before spitting out a predetermined conclusion when those two trait builds are fighting each other.

Combat is situational, and winning is often related to whichever player is more resonable in roleplaying the wounds and being defeated. I am not a big fan of rolls, as they are too rigid and import math into roleplay, which is something I am not fond of.

Combat is situational, and winning is often related to whichever player is more resonable in roleplaying the wounds and being defeated. I am not a big fan of rolls, as they are too rigid and import math into roleplay, which is something I am not fond of.

you make a very valid point i will keep this in mind.

And before i forget Thank you for the great feedback everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.