Reverential Address - Sermon Of 5/25/308

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by _GoldWolf_, May 27, 2020.

1. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Reverential Address
    Sermon of 5 - 25 - 308
    High Exarch Aelfric Harhold

May 27th, 308 AC

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    'Sɛkʃn I - Introduction
    'Sɛkʃn II - Sermon
    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

“But you, Faith, are a shield for me. My Glory, the Glory of our Mankind, we call out to His will. The will and direction of Your Imperial Crown, vestige and body of your Imperial Will and Promise!”

- Second line of the Verse of Holy Faith. -

| 'Sɛkʃn I |

This sermon was offered to my congregation a mere two days ago. However, with recent events unfolding, I believe it is important for all of Regalia to hear in the final push against the menace. May the Spirit bless you in your fight.

| 'Sɛkʃn I |

“Across the span of many nights, I have been pondering a concept. With the Clicker Crisis beginning to conclude and the menace nearly vanquished, I have both been looking to the current plight we face and the challenges of years past. It can be widely accepted that when we face a challenge of this sort, we are plunged into darkness as the times we face are dark indeed. Ones of strife, of upheaval, and in the most dire of times, death of our brethren in faith. With such, as the light of the Spirit naturally symbolizes and bestows upon the faithful hope and peace, in the eyes of the pious during times of crisis, it is natural that they may feel that the Spirit’s light is significantly diminished.

I will admit, it does ring sound as with such daemons as the Clickers, the Spirit is attacked and it is natural that his light upon this plane may wane. For while the Spirit does indeed watch over all and blesses His flock with the gifts of His power, His light is merely a concept. There is no real light. ‘Tis not a tangible, bright, glorious warmth that we can feel and see. Nay! It is a symbol! A symbol for hope, for prosperity, for His divinity and when we are faced with troubling times, sadly, in our minds, that light may rescind.

It is quite frankly natural. As we lose hope, that symbol for hope will wane and fall as well. It will never fully disappear for the Spirit is always in the faithful’s minds, hearts, and souls of the Unionist flock. However, the hope and power that He represents will slowly go away as we feel powerless.

It is the concept that when a crisis is over such as the Clicker Crisis we face now, His light shall cascade upon us like a wave crashing against the beach. A giant wave of overpowering hope and divine blessing. A cascade of light that we shall bask in. A gift bestowed upon us by He on high which shall offer us times of prosperity, of hope, of peace. We shall feel such warmth and protection and the scars of the past will be washed away by a flow of light descending from the heavens.

With this concept outlined by I, of His cascading light that will eventually come when we defeat the remaining Clickers within our Archipelago, I beseech all of you. Make the final push, brothers and sisters. Retain whatever semblance of His light you hold dear, the hope, the divine and holy light, the promises of prosperity and peace. Hold onto this bright light of your’s and force this menace back like never before. With a new ferocity. With a flame of faith burning in your soul, burn them to ash with your flame of piety, with your faith. Cast them back to whence they came and we shall be returned our glory. Our once prospering nation will prosper again and like never before.

The light of the Spirit will crash upon us once more and warm us with the divine message of the Everwatch. This message you may ask? We are saved! We are men of He on high! We are victorious!”

May the Spirit above,
    Upon the radiant Imperial Throne,
    Protect us against all evil,
    Until the day where we his faithful,
    Bring forth Paradise to Aloria,
    When his light shall shine upon all,
    Oratario Paean.

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    #1 _GoldWolf_, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020