Archived Removing The Sanction Rule

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
I am writing this due to a recent incident which I was not online for. Afrovia was raided by one member of Deldrimor, so the whole faction got sanctioned. Now, I think that this isn't really fair for me and various others, who never even thought about raiding Afrovia. Instead of sanctioning the whole faction for a week in the future, maybe just temp ban the offenders for a week? Just a thought. Lemme know what you think.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree. Not really any reason to punish people who were offline... Additionally, it's rather hurtful for other pvp factions in some cases, as it leaves nobody to fight, harming the server's pvp activity.

I agree. Not really any reason to punish people who were offline... Additionally, it's rather hurtful for other pvp factions in some cases, as it leaves nobody to fight, harming the server's pvp activity.
I am writing this due to a recent incident which I was not online for. Afrovia was raided by one member of Deldrimor, so the whole faction got sanctioned. Now, I think that this isn't really fair for me and various others, who never even thought about raiding Afrovia. Instead of sanctioning the whole faction for a week in the future, maybe just temp ban the offenders for a week? Just a thought. Lemme know what you think.
Wil somebody please explain what happened and what this sanction is exactly. Because it sounds to me like they were just raiding during an approved war.

Moved to feature and idea discussion.

MassiveCraft believes in fostering and encouraging a healthy and friendly PVP community. MassiveCraft also believes in second, third, and sometimes even fourth chances. When people refuse to listen or violate the fundamental trust between Staff and Player, especially when it is brought to the basis of a verbal agreement, these sanctions are used to correct behavior.

It has shown in the past that certain players laugh at warnings/mutes/jail sentences, which means the punishments meant to correct such behavior are no longer effective, meaning alternatives need to be found.

The fact that it hurts those not responsible for situation trough third parties is excellent. This means that rule violation becomes a common good that can be monitored by everyone instead of just the staff. If everyone carries the responsibility to encourage a good community and atmosphere, then the PVP community can become just as self-policing as the Roleplay Community is currently.

The Roleplay staff haven't banned or punished anyone for several months now. How wonderful would it be if the same applied to the survival worlds : )

Idea rejected and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.