Archived Relation To Previous Post

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess_The_Donkey

Human - '18' Ryia
Reaction score
My prvious post was about having a /friend AFK command (Read the last post for a better description).

I have thought up a better idea.

One person should be able to create a group chat, or a "party", where they can do "/chat focus party" to talk to multiple people at once without interuptions or having to make it public (Local, Emote, General, Premium, etc).

I had lots of suggestions for this, and lots of them sounded really good. I was wondering if this could soon become a command or new plugin, because a "party" or a group with as many people as you like (you may leave whenever you feel) will be great to tell people you have to go or when you be right back, etc.

If a mod could contact me in a Forum Conversation Msg, that would be great. I'd be happy to discuss anything if this idea is taken into consideration, and I'd be glad to help (Though, I'm not good at actually creating things on technology, so you can leave me to the thinking...)!

~Jess

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Ethanol
I'm fairly sure this is, unfortunately, impossible.
Nice idea though.

@Pyromaniacal Thanks for the tag, I feel loved xD

@Jess_The_Donkey While this is possible, and I believe implemented on some servers, I highly doubt this would be on ours. This was previously suggested to an extent and I'll say the same thing here. This is essentially people creating their OWN channels. It's not a party, it's like Faction chat or Ally chat but much more open. This is relatively redundant because of the reasons stated above. It's not the easiest to maintain and it wouldn't be easy to create (Normally I would have a more definite answer as a programmer but because I don't know how Cay has done the chat plugin it may be easier or harder, it may vary but it's unlikely to be simple). It's one of those things that on paper sounds good but there are too many flaws when implemented.

I'm fairly sure this is, unfortunately, impossible.
Nice idea though.
This would be possible, and is actually a feature of mcMMO, but one that we have to disable because it is not compatible with either sharding, which allows for chat messages to be seen on different servers, or MassiveChat. Because both sharding and MassiveChat are private plugins, only Cay is able to make changes, and he has a number of higher priorities at this time.

@Yendor @Ethanol @Pyromaniacal Okay, thanks, I was just wondering because I have really thought that group chats would be a great idea. But, clearly as it may be hard, other things will be put first. I'm not the one to talk techinical with so heh, let's just leave this where it is. Thanks for viewing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.