Archived Regalian Army Mobs

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

VaseFruit

Shadow of Hisoka
Reaction score
With the rising of PvP factions trying to take over the server with their empires, isn't it strange that Regalia isn't retaliating and wiping them out? c:

Well, here's a little suggestion to spice PvP up with a little PvE addition. As we have Permanent Factions for world spawns and special areas, they could be used as ways to enemy common factions, and send massivemob warriors to said factions to retaliate. These warriors would be basically enemies like Arach'n, with custom skins and with enough AI to be able to fight back. A script could be made to spawn some enemies, or maybe even enemy camps that mods can place using the 10 chunks rule, which constantly spawn said mobs near the factions to go raid.

Of course, to fight back there would always be the common surrender terms, that could be set automatically by donating the fee to the faction, or could be managed by mods. Another way to fight back would be to make the enemy camps I said before to be little King of the Hill minigames, where you would need to enter the enemy chunk territory and fight back the mobs for a while, to ruin the enemy camp and stop these mobs from spawning.

If the camps are destroyed, mods can then spawn a higher leveled enemy camp, which will require some more time to ruin all the chunks, and might possibly be harder as well, with the enemy spawn rate higher, or thougher warriors sent by Regalia, like mini bosses and such, which some factions might actually even require some help to deal with.

Of course, this isn't just a bothersome feature to deal with. Within the enemy camps, there could be some loot chests spawned as well, that can be looted once the camps are fully destroyed. This can start a little mini dungeons thing that would be really nice to have here in the server, for RolePlay, PvP, PvE, exploration and maybe even more purposes. Other little "dungeons" could come with this as well, like a cave with vampires, a place heavily habitated by demons, robbers and thugs outposts and so on.

This idea could be implemented in many other areas as well, like the Seraph excavation site, as I'm sure Regalia doesn't want anyone sniffing around in such a dangerous subject to them. Of course I'm aware that MassiveMobs are only implemented in Fendarfell for now, and they need many improvements, but ths is a suggestion that surely would be a nice feature to the plugin.

Thanks for reading, and I actually appreciate written feedbacks instead of just ratings if possible.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is interesting. I'd like to see more people's responses on this.

nice idea, but i fear that would produce a lot of lag if that ahppend.
also, factions aren't cannon, so the link you made with Regalia and these pvp factions is kinda... non existand (by lack of better words)
still, it's a nice idea.

nice idea, but i fear that would produce a lot of lag if that happened.
MassiveMobs itself is currently a cause for lag, so when this main issue is fixed, I'm sure many possibilities will open for it.

also, factions aren't cannon, so the link you made with Regalia and these pvp factions is kinda... non existand (by lack of better words)
They don't exist in lore, for now. :D

I'm not saying that every little faction would need Lore, but it's hard to believe that in the whole world there's only a single powerful empire. Of course there was Mikuni in the past, and now there's the Quadir, so what I'm trying to do is to take the Regalian wars out of only RP, and make it a thing.

I'm sure that while the nobles and commonfolk are living their common daily lifes in Regalia, the Empire is wiping out enemies before they become a problem, and daily reinforcing that they are the ones in power.

nod-of-approval.gif

Although cool, I do not see how this will boost PvP. Mobs are considered PvE, as well as going into it, I would assume people would be loosely in character, or just going in for the loot. This, in most cases, might not even chip at the PvP part of the server. Although cool, I personally think a couple changes in the concept would be neat. Regalia would not really just go out assaulting random factions because some factions call themselves faithfully loyal, others full of Vampyres, and Arach'n are based upon an island in particular. Giant spiders would probably not be able to swim. Now, if it were like the supposed Estel's army, that might be a bit more fitting. I do not understand their concepts enough, but they apparently are able to basically warp and charge where they wish.

Well, about the PvP aspect of this idea, imagine that two big factions are on war. One has a high level enemy mob camp near them, already spawning high leveled mini bosses that are a third wheel in both fights. This means that one of the sides would have an advantage in the fight, in case their relation to the mobs was good, but in case they are also enemies to these mobs, it will be a three party slaughter, which might stop all the flame I see in PvP chat from people camping indoors and stuff like that, as people will have to go to these enemy camps to stop mobs from spawning at one time.

The amount of staff on massive isn't very much, but if the numbers improve on staff they could possibly do this and micromanage little open world instance events.

The amount of staff might be a problem if it's hard to implement these dungeons and enemy camps, like having to build each and everyone of them everytime. My idea is based on spawning pre made structures, that could be stored in the staff building world, that could be simply spawned by a command where the mod is standing.

Also, spawning these would'nt be an everyday activity most of the time. Some dungeons in the wilderness would require lots of exploration to be found, and when enemy camps are destroyed, it isn't necessary to spawn a new one the same day. They can decide on a cooldown for each faction or something. c:

this would be a waste of staffs time. If anything they should add massive mobs that are supposed to be regalian soldiers, anything past that would be a waste of staff time. (Also cool thing: vampire plague bringers say pray instead of prey.)