Archived Recruitment Chat

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
Suggestion: A recruitment chat(r) for faction leaders/officers looking for new players that want to join a faction. The color for the chat labels, at least in my opinion, should be &3(Aquamarine). The cooldown time should be 20 seconds.
Reasons/Benefits:
  • Will stop the constant spam in Global of people wanting to recruit, and people wanting to be recruited
  • Will make it so that recruitment is more focused and easier for people to find a good faction for them or for leaders/officers wanting to find people
  • Will have a good impression on new players that just joined the server, as it is very organized and easy to use

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As an additional thingy, you could make it so the recruitment chat only appears to those without factions, so regular faction members don't get constantly spammed with recruitment messages.

Supported.

As an additional thingy, you could make it so the recruitment chat only appears to those without factions, so regular faction members don't get constantly spammed with recruitment messages.

I assume it will be like any other chat channel, no need to make it too complex. Just use /ch leave recruitment.

... But what about those faction leaders looking in recruit chat to recruit people? It serves no purpose if only the people without factions can see the messages.

Good point, that wasn't one of my smarter ideas.

The amount of faction war that I have started because of officer spamming general with recruitment is quite large. So all I can say is yes, we need this. Or just make it so recruitment a go in trade were every one spams.

Supported.

This is good. This will presumably lower the spam rate, make things flow better, and make it easier for new players to find a faction. Good luck.

[SUPPORTED]
(which is an honor since I dont support many ideas (chuckle))

I'm wondering if Cayorion could possibly put MassiveChat's source code up on GitHub, as I cannot find it in the MassiveCraft user. This way I can(try) to add in the recruitment chat and present the code to Cayorion for corrections and guidance. Other than that, any other suggestions?

I haven't actually said this yet, and I want to put all the other supports to shame so...

Support.gif

I'm wondering if Cayorion could possibly put MassiveChat's source code up on GitHub, as I cannot find it in the MassiveCraft user. This way I can(try) to add in the recruitment chat and present the code to Cayorion for corrections and guidance. Other than that, any other suggestions?

MassiveChat is a 'Massive exclusive plugin', basically, a plugin that won't be released on Bukkit or anything like that. (At least for right now it won't, I don't know about its future plans)

RHb500n.gif

Supported, completely supported.

As much as I am okay with the General chat, as I don't use it much, and am usually out of it, whenever I do join it is pretty much spam about factions recruiting and/or looking for faction. This recruitment chat idea is a GREAT idea, and I would definetly use it for my factions.

Any other suggestions or comments? Seems like this thread went dormant a while ago. :P

Be added!
SUPPORTED

Status
Not open for further replies.