Archived Pvp Stake Matches?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footymaster786

Just That Guy With A Bit Of Swag
Reaction score
Faction
wilderness
Kingdom
factionless
I had an idea for the server. Say in an arena you could have a pvp stake match and not worry about people scamming you. Obviously there would be a few complications but I'm sure it will be good in the long term and the admins are more than capable to get all the small details right. A plugin that might work with this idea: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/duel-arena/. Or, somebody could code a simple plugin just some vault work for the economy and making sure a player is killed by the right person. the general process to avoid any cheating would be to take money off of both parties and store it. When one of those players is killed by the other one, all the money goes to him. I think the idea is good because it eliminates the chance of scamming.

Extracts taken from comments section included.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like this idea. I will just develop it a bit more then the OP since this is a good idea.
@Footymaster786 , let me know if this is what you meant;

For example, player A can challenge player B, maybe a command like /wager [money]. Player b receives the challenge and can either /wager accept or /wager decline. The first time one of them kills the other one, the victor receives the regals. Maybe for fun even throw in a /wager top to see who has won the most wager matches, just an idea.

The major flaw I see in this idea is unless Massive can find a suitable existing plugin, this would require Cayorion's time to code, who as far as I know already has several projects in development that would be ahead of this.

I like this idea. I will just develop it a bit more then the OP since this is a good idea.
@Footymaster786 , let me know if this is what you meant;

For example, player A can challenge player B, maybe a command like /wager [money]. Player b receives the challenge and can either /wager accept or /wager decline. The first time one of them kills the other one, the victor receives the regals. Maybe for fun even throw in a /wager top to see who has won the most wager matches, just an idea.

The major flaw I see in this idea is unless Massive can find a suitable existing plugin, this would require Cayorion's time to code, who as far as I know already has several projects in development that would be ahead of this.
yes. That's what I was going for, thanks for developing the general idea, mind If I put that in my version with credit to you if course

Last edited:
To save on tech work, you could always use a trusted middle man, a neutral party to both who pays the winner, a far more simpler method.

To save on tech work, you could always use a trusted middle man, a neutral party to both who pays the winner, a far more simpler method.
Finding that middle man who is trustable is the problem. Im by no means an expert but is it possible for a simple plugin to be made?

The plugin would be fine to code. just some vault work for the economy and making sure a player is killed by the right person. the general process to avoid any cheating would be to take money off of both parties and store it. When one of those players is killed by the other one, all the money goes to him. this is a good idea as it eliminates the problem of scamming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.