Archived Pvp Combat Abilities

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckyTofu

Refugee
Reaction score
In PvP i have always noticed that the combat is very bland on massive craft. Its always who has the highest skill level, the most people, and who is premium (i am not complaining or raging about premium). To make the combat more interesting and fun, massive craft should have more abilities like bloodlust for those who want to have a more dynamic and interesting PvP experience.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Give me a pick with 3 uses on it, and a piece of dirt, I can dig a 1x1x2 invulnerable hide out. Sure there are varying levels of ingenuity among creations, but that is besides the point. Material wealth for the average player, especially in terms of weaponry and defenses, can be obliterated by a few deaths. My main point was if you can't match their armor / weapons, your strategy does not really mean anything (unless you take to the hiding method, which is fine by me really, but some other people find it quite the annoying when someone refuses to face the perpetrator)
That's fair, but not what I meant.
I meant building a base thats hard to attack, not an impossible to assault box of dirty silence. But you also raise a fair point. Hiding is a legitimate plan, and also not one depending on how much gear they have. As for material wealth's obliteration, while that is true you can find ways around that, like never carrying a ton of stuff. But that's just my two cents on the matter.

And to be really honest, McMMo is really one of the few things actually RESTRICTING non-premiums. Alright, so the enemy is in diamond armour, not too much a big deal, I'd just corner him an lav- *Gets skull split*

Haha this reminds me of when I once killed Happybob123 with a lava trap maybe... a year and a half ago when I was a non premium. Good times :)

Haha this reminds me of when I once killed Happybob123 with a lava trap maybe... a year and a half ago when I was a non premium. Good times :)

I remember at some point, I was in Zion and someone had glitched into my house, the first thing I did was quickly put a lock onto the door {They couldn't open the door before due to faction perms, and I had a chair inside at the time} and he was basically sitting in there trying to glitch hit us through the door.

My house was turned into Dakkar ruins moments later.

That's fair, but not what I meant.
I meant building a base thats hard to attack, not an impossible to assault box of dirty silence. But you also raise a fair point. Hiding is a legitimate plan, and also not one depending on how much gear they have. As for material wealth's obliteration, while that is true you can find ways around that, like never carrying a ton of stuff. But that's just my two cents on the matter.
I know well what you mean, trust me. Have you seem Alamut's base? :p

2013-08-09_17.15.53.png

Yeah. Damn, that was a scary couple of hours.
Note to the wise. If you see a niffty castle up on a mountain, don't walk up to it to look around. That was several hours of hiding that I will never get back.
I remember when I did that, although by accident... It was when that castle was relatively new. I was in the area with a merc contract, and I had tracked the guy to outside the walls of the fortress... He then hid IN the fortress and I gave chase. He managed to get away from me, but apparently he fell to his death after being hit with splash poison. Fortunately, no Alamutians were home, so I actually got out alive xD

One word: cannons. They have been the main protector of Luenna for many raids now xD
You could break someone's armor faster than they could yours even if you had a lower axes skill if you managed more hits on them. The same for pretty much every other weapon is true, except for swords, since counter attacks only happen when you are hit, making this the best McMMO stat for less skilled players.

You ignore the fact the only way to win god armor vs god armor fights with swords is to have actual skill in blocking and hitting, jumping and strafing, and using enderpearls to flank someone at the right time. With axes you need to direct yourself at the player and click as fast as possible and hope the random chances go in your favour.

You ignore the fact the only way to win god armor vs god armor fights with swords is to have actual skill in blocking and hitting, jumping and strafing, and using enderpearls to flank someone at the right time. With axes you need to direct yourself at the player and click as fast as possible and hope the random chances go in your favour.
Umm, you proved my point...

If you use the same strategy with axes as you do swords it can prove effective as well :P

I'm just gonna toss the noobs perspective in here because the PvP irks me and isn't very fun for new players. Massivecraft won't grow and get more players as long as its so insanely hard to fight long time PvP'ers. Raids on my faction consist of racing inside so you don't get one shot killed by an Alamut guy. My opinion is that McMMo needs to tone down the bonuses for the longtime players. They earned it, and deserve to keep it, but it's extremely unfair when your entire faction is at the mercy of one hardcore player. (Lord_Noodles I'm looking at you!)

Personally, I feel that the combat, though involved in RP, doesnt have to be RP. Why? Because you're going to recount about the battle as a whole, not the weapons you used and exactly how you killed him. And, if none of you have ever fought in real life with weapons of any kind, you dont understand how easy it is to just switch weapons. Especially if you can duel wield. Using a basic minecraft strategy of opening with a sword then switching to unarmed and then to axes.
You can be pretty proficient in all of these. I know that in reality, its very easy to learn how to use many things well at once. If you duel wield a sword and a hatchet, or (though this one takes more getting used to) A sword and a onehanded battle axe, you can realistically be very good at both. And if the axe is too bulky and you want to attempt to switch to your bare hand, because say you have the persons sword or axe in a lock with your sword, you can. And you can very easily disarm them while they are distracted. Its all about being a good soldier. If you want to be the Solid Snake of medieval times, you can. Its just gonna take a lot of practice. And, as for bows, first of all composite bows exist. They are lighter weight while still offering a good amount of power. You may have one on your person, or maybe knew the battle was coming and stashed it on the battle field for later use. Say your opponent starts to run away, so you duck back behind something and get your bow, and start firing at him. You'll probably miss a few times, but if you're a good shot, you can hit them no problem.
Its possible to be proficient in all the combat skills, and a good soldier would use all the available options when needed. Its less likely that everyone is gonna know how to utilize their skills like this, true. But in a militant faction, an old experienced warlord could easily teach his techniques to the newer guys so that they understand. And then he builds a very reliable military of people who are proficient in all the fields of combat.
And as for the classes thing, it restricts gameplay too much. If you really enjoy that idea, go play a Heros server. personally, I dislike it. I dont like being so limited to doing one thing like that.

I'm just gonna toss the noobs perspective in here because the PvP irks me and isn't very fun for new players. Massivecraft won't grow and get more players as long as its so insanely hard to fight long time PvP'ers. Raids on my faction consist of racing inside so you don't get one shot killed by an Alamut guy. My opinion is that McMMo needs to tone down the bonuses for the longtime players. They earned it, and deserve to keep it, but it's extremely unfair when your entire faction is at the mercy of one hardcore player. (Lord_Noodles I'm looking at you!)
Well, noobs can do a couple things to fight this. Keep the fight in their land and use fire aspect swords and potion dispensers. Hell, even fire charge dispensers. And ofcourse, if there is a prem, cannons. That takes away the problem of the single guy who is trying to get inside. And, you can coax them inside directly into a trap. That always works too.
And while they have downtime, they can raise their skills. Its not a hard concept to grasp. If they are interested in PVP, they can raise their skills and focus on getting the best gear for PVP. And, if they are in a peaceful faction, its totally rp for them to cower inside and surrender. What is a peaceful bunch of farmers and miners gonna do against a powerful warlord? Piss themselves and hide in the closet, and throw their money at them until they go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.