Implemented Project Tracker

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Violettee, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

[​IMG]

Players are always becoming aware of new projects, however a lot of the time much of the information is kept under wraps and sometimes staff aren't sure what they can and can't tell us so tend to just dismiss the topic. I think a Tracker (possibly linked to a page) would be useful to staff because all the information they are allowed to give out can be reviewed and displayed on the tracker, when players ask, staff can simply refer them to the tracker, so there is no room for slip ups, and everything is all in once place. All staff have something they can use as a universal answer, some posts may only have picture teasers, some might simply state that they are not willing to give any information out at this time. It is a representation of the work being done to calm angry voices in the community who feel staff aren't putting time into the server.

Update: Process % was put as an example but @derpadillo has pointed out that "Instead of percentages we could use process phases like planning, in development, in staff testing, ready, on hold, etc".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    #1 Violettee, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
  2. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

3. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

transparency

4. BlueChaos

BlueChaos Beggar

Approved by the BlueChaos. I like this because it shows transparency and also shows when the end goal will be achieved. Currently we are all sat in the dark about when or IF something will be released.

5. Wooperr

Wooperr

But secrecy

6. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Doesn't work like that.

7. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Some projects could do with publicity. Others are best kept as a fun secret.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

I'm not sure if you can just "assign" a percentage number to a project and have that as an accurate representation of completion, but it's better than nothing.

9. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

Doesn't have the be accurate, just a little estimate of how the project leader feels where it sits at will be enough. It's just to ease the minds of players that stuff is being worked on and is progressing. Staff could update with pictures for the stuff that isn't so top secret and stuff that is could just remain obscure saying "coming soon" with a code name on it.

10. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

yeh fair enough

11. Chalsie

Chalsie

Very much agree. Transparency and accountability. Having a progress tracker will allow players to see what's going on and players can easily be directed to a nice chart. Staff rise to the occasion and dedicate their own free time to the server and I thank them for it. However there is no shame in sometimes admitting that you've lost steam on something. I mean honestly speaking if I have a project sitting at 80% for 3 months whether or not I didn't have time or didn't make time starts becoming irrelevant. Gently assessing that it might be time to pass the reins onto someone else would be a good thing. The reverse is also beneficial, if we see someone on staff is successfully carrying larger loads we can direct our accolades in kind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Something very similar to this has been achieved in the recent State of Survival post released by Game Leadership recently.

13. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

Just making a small note:

The Game Department will take a greater effort in ensuring that the community is informed on its projects through the release of our new State of Survival posts. At this present moment in time, that is the closest we can offer to a project tracker. I am going to close this now as I believe the essence of the suggestion has been achieved.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.