Archived Prisons

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
They should add a new rule to the TPing so you can't TP on enemy territory. Then, we have prisons, they can be disabled and enabled at any time, the server can come up with guidelines to arrest times and if it's abused it's easy to rectify by any admin.

As per the above, I think the server should look into a way to make prisons and taking prisoners possible. Perhaps the faction leader can turn a certain number of chunks into 'prison chunks' out of which enemies cannot TP. Since this would only work on someone trapped within a specific chunk, raiders wouldn't be effected in a negative manner. It would also make it possible to take hostages, prisoners, and demand ransoms.

I don't know how this would work out, but I think it's worth looking into.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As per the above, I think the server should look into a way to make prisons and taking prisoners possible. Perhaps the faction leader can turn a certain number of chunks into 'prison chunks' out of which enemies cannot TP. Since this would only work on someone trapped within a specific chunk, raiders wouldn't be effected in a negative manner. It would also make it possible to take hostages, prisoners, and demand ransoms.

I don't know how this would work out, but I think it's worth looking into.

I like this idea, and would be fully supportive of it, if the admins get behind it and create an official way of making faction prisons, without it being abused. One thing I would like to add is, would factions be able to imprison their own, members? One quick way I thought of doing this was that lets say someone in a faction committed an offense, and normally, they would be kicked out, yet they agree to being jailed. There should be a faction command that allows the leader to create reason/voting text, such as, "/f jail (name) (reason). When the leader submits this command, officers see something like this, (Name) is being jailed for (Reason). Do you agree? This would allow leaders to put a vote to their officers.

Just a quick idea I came up, feel free to change and expand on it.

I like this idea, and would be fully supportive of it, if the admins get behind it and create an official way of making faction prisons, without it being abused. One thing I would like to add is, would factions be able to imprison their own, members? One quick way I thought of doing this was that lets say someone in a faction committed an offense, and normally, they would be kicked out, yet they agree to being jailed. There should be a faction command that allows the leader to create reason/voting text, such as, "/f jail (name) (reason). When the leader submits this command, officers see something like this, (Name) is being jailed for (Reason). Do you agree? This would allow leaders to put a vote to their officers.

Just a quick idea I came up, feel free to change and expand on it.

I like the idea of being able to jail members. Perhaps simple commands like:

/f chunk jail - only the faction leader can edit the chunk + anyone jailed is autosent there + no TP out.
/f jail name reason - jails someone + tps them to the center of the jail chunk

Idk how this would work for non-members... but if the admins can figure something out it would be cool to see implemented.

hostages, POW, prisoners in general are roleplay. We do not want to limit the gameplay of players by imposing a system of imprisonment on them, nonwithstanding the amount of abuse it could result into.

hostages, POW, prisoners in general are roleplay. We do not want to limit the gameplay of players by imposing a system of imprisonment on them, nonwithstanding the amount of abuse it could result into.

So no POWs/Hostages, but you impose rules on pvp in general? *logic machine explodes in the background* Whoops, gotta fix that... :P

What about an internal faction system to imprison members who are suspect of say, theft from a frame? I can understand the abuse, but similar to how inviting someone to a faction and then kick/killing them goes around, wouldn't jail abuse go around fast and cause people who abuse it to become disliked?

Last I knew, you could already do this in a sense. You have to actually capture the person, but it's totally possible and quite hilarious. It isn't done enough, so people don't know to avoid it. You just have no enemy build perms in your faction, you "capture" an enemy by having them find themselves in one of your buildings that has locked doors. Then you just stand guard over your prisoner, and he can't leave until the guard isn't looking (i.e. moves 30 blocks away or so). You already can't TP if you are within a certain number of blocks of an enemy (this might have changed, idk). This is a legitimate way to trap someone, but you HAVE to maintain a guard in order to keep them (which is RP anyway). Eventually they can starve to death, so there is a natural limit to how long you can hold a prisoner. They can also choose to pay a fine for their crimes and leave early, such as an agreement to stop their war because you outsmarted them haha.

This does have the unattractive side effect of exposing those who choose to play the game via glitching. I've had a very famous player on this server do just that before. In the end, it was fairly hilarious how they were able to get so frustrated that they resorted to risking a ban to escape my lands. Brains of Massivecraft unite!

Last I knew, you could already do this in a sense. You have to actually capture the person, but it's totally possible and quite hilarious. It isn't done enough, so people don't know to avoid it. You just have no enemy build perms in your faction, you "capture" an enemy by having them find themselves in one of your buildings that has locked doors. Then you just stand guard over your prisoner, and he can't leave until the guard isn't looking (i.e. moves 30 blocks away or so). You already can't TP is you are within a certain number of blocks of an enemy (this might have changed, idk). This is a legitimate way to trap someone, but you HAVE to maintain a guard in order to keep them (which is RP anyway). Eventually they can starve to death, so there is a natural limit to how long you can hold a prisoner. They can also choose to pay a fine for their crimes and leave early, such as an agreement to stop their war because you outsmarted them haha.

This does have the unattractive side effect of exposing those who choose to play the game via glitching. I've had a very famous player on this server do just that before. In the end, it was fairly hilarious how they were able to get so frustrated that they resorted to risking a ban to escape my lands. Brains of Massivecraft unite!

Or they use the /starve feature and die swiftly...

Or they use the /starve feature and die swiftly...
Of course they could do that, but it still prevents them from just leaving, and is akin to a Power Play in hockey. It gives you a temporary advantage. In the end, most people have found it quite hilarious that they were duped into capture, and will play along.

That and you can keep half heartedly attacking them, you know, abusing your prisoner. That tends to provoke them to attack, especially if you appear weak (i.e. without armor). This nullifies pacifist, and tends to get them to NOT want to starve. In the end, they COULD get out of it easier, but it's still funny, and it doesn't bring down a fist of painful doom that raiding had been in days past. So it's a healthy RP balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.