Archived Premium Colors

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
So my idea has two main features:
  • colored chat
  • colored signs
I'll start with signs. I think it would be fun if players could use formatting codes on signs, as an extra cosmetic perk. I do not see any downsides to this idea, so please comment if you have any.

The second one is aimed somewhat at RP. Currently, premiums have the rename feature in order to assign nicknames to a player's IGN. This can also be colored, allowing one to easily pinpoint a name in a list of chat messages.
However, the messages sent are still always white text, making it difficult to read specific lines. So here's two options on colored chat:
  1. premiums can use formatting codes in chat. On one hand, premiums will be able to distinguish the words they say in chat, which could help with the reading issues. On the other side, the chat would be server sides, so everyone would see a rainbow fest, which looks bad.
  2. premiums can set text color to other players. Similar to rename, the chat colors would be client sided, so only the premium member would have a rainbow fest.
Well, that's my pitch. comment below opinions

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll start with signs. I think it would be fun if players could use formatting codes on signs, as an extra cosmetic perk. I do not see any downsides to this idea, so please comment if you have any.
Love this idea

• premiums can use formatting codes in chat. On one hand, premiums will be able to distinguish the words they say in chat, which could help with the reading issues. On the other side, the chat would be server sides, so everyone would see a rainbow fest, which looks bad.
  • premiums can set text color to other players. Similar to rename, the chat colors would be client sided, so only the premium member would have a rainbow fest.
So both of these options would be client-side? Like the /rename?

On one hand, premiums will be able to distinguish the words they say in chat, which could help with the reading issues. On the other side, the chat would be server sides, so everyone would see a rainbow fest, which looks bad.
Could just be in faction/ally/general so it doesn't look so crappy to new players.

I think this idea is great as proposed, client side chat colors and sign colors.

Very creative way to make premium more valuable to RP'ers! As there arent many reasons for RP players to get premium currently!

So both of these options would be client-side? Like the /rename?
The "premiums can type in colors" would be server sided. A similar equivalent would be the Essentials plugin, where all you need to do is &5hello to type Hey. Everyone on the server will see that purple text you typed.

For the "premiums can set text color," it's basically extending the /rename feature to set colored text for certain players. This feature would be client sided.

I'm for the client sided one, but figured I'd give both options anyways.
Could just be in faction/ally/general so it doesn't look so crappy to new players.
I'd even go as far as just having it off by default. If people want the rainbow, they have to turn it on.

you mean.. like..

say its server side. I can turn the option on or off whether or not I can see colors?
Given the server side bit, that means both premium and non-premium can see the colored text.
If that was the case, then I don't see why there couldn't be an option for both prem and non-prem to disable colors.

Of course, why make it server sided when everyone can just turn it off? It makes more sense to have the colors visible to a client only. Adn the client can choose whether or not they want to use the feature.

Honestly, I play on a lot of factions and survival servers that have donor colored chat and it is a mess. It looks horrible.

Having this be just client-side, IE Premiums being able to set a display color for users individually, and it only showing for the user, would be handy in RP. Color code players and such, make all Guards have purple text, etc

I will note these suggestions for premium features, but there is no guarantee on if they will be added. Any chat colors would have to be visible only to the individual assigning them if that was a feature.