Prayers Downstream

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by SnugglyKittens, Jul 16, 2018.

1. SnugglyKittens

SnugglyKittens Head pat weeb

[​IMG]
    “I pray for my family, and I pray for our success..”

Stood clad in her families house guard armor, the ginger d’Vaud woman kept a keen eye trained upon each new member of the prayer-goers.
    She had agreed to guard the House Black event besides her friend, Abelhard. She had no intent on taking part..

A devout unionist from childhood, the d’Vaud was simply more than happy to keep her prayers to herself. They were for the spirits ears only.

Though, her mind wandered as she noted the arrival of more and more people, more and more unionists of every race were more than willing to take part. To write their thanks, their prayers and their thoughts upon the paper which would soon float downstream.

A distraction from her thoughts came when another, someone dear to the ginger approached her. She could not hide the look of happiness which spread about her features, no matter how involuntary it was.

"What's with the getup?" the newcomer asked the d'Vaud woman.​

She explained her position at the event, and how she was keeping an eye on everyone who attended. Her blue eyed friend nodded, and want along to mingle with his kin who had recently arrived.

The Lady Black made her announcements shortly after, and so the crowd had set too.

Some joined in, some did not. The ginger woman noted that her blue eyed friend was more the latter, and so she snuck away with a piece of parchment. She found a place around the corner, away from the gathering of Regalia folk. The woman rested her parchment against the brick wall, and carefully began to write.

In fine text the writing was. It was tightly packed together, to ensure the woman could fit on every last prayer.

“I pray for my family. For their health and their success.”

“I pray for those lost to war of land and sea.”

“I pray for the spirit to guide me along the right path.”

“I pray.. That the spirit watches over those who my heart cares for.”

“I pray that the spirit grants them happiness, in whatever form that may be.”

The d’Vaud woman decorated around the prayers with various little pictures. Crudely drawn hearts, a boat, all sorts of little relevant objects, and then she folded it into shape under the instruction of the Lady Black.

Upon the completion of her boat, she noted its plain appearance.

“A name. A suitable name..”
    “S.S Lemon Girl?” her friend replied.

The d’Vaud shook her head, and took another moment.

And then it struck her. Along with various drawings, the ginger woman noted the name of her vessel in plain sight.

She smiled knowingly. It was something subtle, something that only she and another would understand. It was perfect.

The d’Vaud kept the boat out of sight until the gathering moved off towards the river, to the launch point. In time she released it; her thoughts and prayers drifted off down the river alongside the others. Whilst still a plain design, the little prayer boat floated downstream, decorated in crudely drawn lemons of various sizes. The name faced the crowd; it was difficult to miss.

The woman nodded in content, and stepped back towards her friend.

“Come with me a moment, I need to tell you something.”

With a shy smile, the woman looked toward the gathering, over her friends shoulder as she spoke.

“The name of the vessel is not Lemon Girl.”
    “It is Lemon Dove.”

• @Miss_Confined hosted a really lovely event last night. It brought for some fun RP.
    • Just some fun RP that happened. Wont mean but, but felt it needed to be made into a short little thing.
    • @TheyCalledMeKiko @Milkqy

• Winner Winner x 4