Poppy Cuffburt

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Mandyy_, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Mandyy_

Mandyy_ Who am I? I'm the magical Mandy!

coollogo pop.png
    Basic Information

Full Name: Poppy Ann Cuffburt
    Race: Ailor - (Leutz-Vixe)
    Main Ambition: -Recognition/Popularity, -Attention/Love
    Sexuality: Bisexual

[​IMG]

Skill Information (Required)

Proficiency Points: 20
    • +8 Medicine (+8 from Proficiency Points)
    • +8 Surgery (+8 from Proficiency Points)
    • +4 Crossbow (+4 from Proficiency Points)
    Culture Points: 20
    • +13 Tailoring (+5 from Leutz-Vixe Boost)
    • +3 Cuisine Cooking (+3 from Proficiency Points)
    • +7 Stage Performance (+7 from Proficiency Points)
    • +2 Vocal Music (+2 from Proficiency Points)
    [​IMG]

Visual Information

Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Natural Platinum Blonde
    Hair Style: Short just below her shoulders
    Skin Color: Fair
    Clothing: Baggy trousers of varying browns, and a variety of shirts! Poppy always has a fabric or scarf outlining her waist though; which is also used to tie her pan to.
    Height: 5'3
    Body Build: Skinny
    Weapon of Choice:
    So far Poppy has been taught to fight with her fists by her brutish sister Wyn, or generally by fleeing the seen if the attacker is distracted. Her teacher, Maili, has also been advancing this ability. She more-so tries to get a knock-out with her pan to avoid extensive fighting.

popy.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personality and Abilities
    • First Paragraph: Poppy has changed from her younger day's instead of being her cold and mellow self she can often be described as friendly or cordial. Despite this Poppy can come off distant to strangers yet still accepting a friendship with open arms. Generally speaking stranger's will notably notice after awhile that Poppy observes there every move and speech, she'll pull something out from a few days ago to make a point. She finds herself always curious to discover secrets or push them to confusion by her constant questions. This child is naturally adventurous, loving to do things on a whim. Poppy is also dramatic and over-exaggerates a scenario or an insult given to her which leads to her seeming out-spoken. Sometimes, she can appear paranoid, especially around Sanguine, after various incidents.
    • Second Paragraph: Poppy comes off confident and friendly but she truly is insecure. As a teenage girl she grows more insecure about her appearance constantly trying to make her commoner clothes look prettier. Not only this but this young girl is full of emotions and is sensitive on the inside; not able to handle yelling or being scolded. Poppy tends to deny that she is emotionally unstable feeling that its her self-conscious just wanting to give herself self-pity. Leading to her becoming a bit selfish without not realizing. Poppy tends to muse to herself, she often wonders about the past few years and her development. After changing her names three times, she often ponders what would happen if she hadn't become a d'Vaud or didn't meet Wyn.
    • Third Paragraph: Some could perceive Poppy to be almost the same as she is to stranger and to close friends. The only main difference is, the fact that Poppy will do her best to impress her friends if shes surrounded by them. There's no need to impress a stranger, but with her friends that would be a constant goal. Whether it is to make them laugh or even help them, she'll do it. With Wyn, her only real family, she'll let more lose. Its easier for her to express her emotions to her only sister, and there is no need to impress her.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Poppy lands in the neutral category; because she isn't afraid to sin, in her words for her greater good or family's good. She won't be evil to the point to get someone killed but isn't afraid on lying about someone or spreading rumors of them on the behalf of herself and her sister. Although she doesn't do this too often and does more so have a good.
    [/SPOILER]

[​IMG]

Taliandra - Best Friend - @Katiesc
    Ehrendil - Old Boss/Friend - @ZZaque
    Bronwyn - Sister/Best Friend - @Miss_Confined
    Paves - Close Friend(?) - @Flishery
    Ven - Good friend (?) - @DockedRelic
    Nev - Good friend (?) - @OnyxAstera
    Shane - Father-ish Figure - @DolittleGuy
    Merina - Neutral - @AtticCat
    Maili - Teacher/Mother Figure - @MolagBallin
    Juneya - Neutral - @Kihle
    Senobia - Good Friend/Influence - @Nesstro
    Ruban - Considers Like Family - @NoRezForYou
    Hamelin d'Vaud - Influence/Unsure - @Suicidum
    Ida d'Vaud - Mother/Unsure - @Diz
    Azra - Good Friend - @AtticCat
    Nace - Neutral - @WrongChat
    Cora - Neutral/Friend - @dulcissima
    Benjamin - Deceased/Good Friend - @JarrettdaCarrot
    Gale - Good Friend/Deceased - @Optimalfriskies
    Illya - Best Friend - @gloomybirb
    Dominic - Influence/Friend - @gloomybirb
    Bryson - Friend - @Anakyrivo
    Jordanne - Good Friend - @Mooffins
    Darius - Influence/Neutral - @Optimalfriskies
    Miss Sally - Good Friend - @WildRoze
    Paulina (Lina) - Weird Kid - @ojosdelsol
    Hassan - Clingy Kid - @Jesse
    Moji - Figure/Influence - @Athelois
    View attachment 151034

Childhood
    Poppy was born in the poor and harsh section of the Regalian city, the girl scared her parents with her silent tone but before long the baby was whaling away.

Growing up her mother ran away by age 5 running away with well.. she was known as the town harlot. Her father grew sad and weary while smoking his cigar he fell asleep lighting their poor house aflame. Luckily their neighbors were able to save the young Poppy.

Poppy grew up skipping through her neighbor's houses as a nanny, or maid, for food and a place to stay. Many of the mothers in the town had many children which left Poppy growing up early and looking after those children. The drunkard fathers didn't help with the families generosity.

Teenager/Present
    Poppy was getting too old for her neighbor's to feed and take care of so she was eventually kicked out with a basket of stale bread out of pity. This is when Poppy found her way to the Lady Elizabeth Black's Almshouse. There she was fed and educated where Poppy decided that she wanted more than to be a poor Ailor girl. With Elizabeth's help she became friendly with some of the nobles where she met the General d'Vaud.

Poppy met Wyn by chance when she started to insult The Lady Elizabeth with calling her 'witch'. Dearly upsetting her she got into a sissy fit. Growing more angry by the names to the point where they started pulling each others hair. Ironically this is how they became great friends, where Poppy took her name as Cuffburt.

Present

Poppy is lovingly adopted by the d'Vauds as Ida d'Vaud's unofficial daughter. Mentally Poppy at her young age can't help but be excited and she feels blessed by The Spirit for her fortune. Though on a darker side she is starting to realize the devious and sometimes lonely life of a noble. She never has really thought on why they adopted her, perhaps she took it as pure love for her or from their kindness to the poor. With the quarantine over, Poppy sees Wyn more often than not with her being one of the only ones to make herself feel less lonely.

Poppy decided to leave the d'Vauds after her mother traveled away. She made this choice because Poppy felt that she could now grow anymore in the family. Poppy also felt as an outsider, as more family members poured in from the d'Vaud family she felt more pushed out. Discussing with Agnette for awhile and with her approval left the family and re-joined the Cuffburt's. Obviously, welcomed back into the family, Poppy has decided that the life of a noble is not what she wanted. But she now realizes all of her capabilities, and then decides that she would rather live a life on the whim. Moving into a little home, though large for the slums, she has restarted her life once more.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Mandyy_, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. Mandyy_

3. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

I'd change the name of the thread since Poppy's name was changed

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Miss_Confined

Miss_Confined ❤ Confy ❤ - Mrs. Massivecraft

Wyn's not a d'Vaud! She's still very much a Cuffburt! (Just a heads up @Mandyy_ due to no one approaching me IC or OOC for such a thing.)

5. Mandyy_

Oh shoot that was a mistake, from going around and changing all of Poppy's name to Adela

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

My sole point of review is that I would like you to be more detailed and flowing in your life story section. For example, you state that:
    Isn't Wyn trapped in the Slums? Why are they at the d'Vaud's gate? This doesn't make much sense. Please go back through the whole story and clear up contridictions like this as well as write everything in the past tense that occurred in the past and state what the character has done or is doing in the last month/week as the present tense.

I am also wondering if she is aware of why the d'Vaud's adopted her and how that would play into her psychology.

Please tag me once the edits have been made in green @Mandyy_

7. Mandyy_

I decided to get rid of the whole Wyn trapped in the slums as a whole. I hope the edits were what you wanted. Added some things to the second paragraph for personality, I felt that was slightly needed.Edits made in blue. @HydraLana

8. HydraLana

Approved.

9. Mandyy_

Re-wrote some things and needing a re-review? @HydraLana wasn't sure who to tag, sorry if I tagged or did this wrong!

Summary;
    We wrote Adela's name to Poppy, added some things in her personality and life events.
    All changes were made in red.

10. HydraLana

Re-approved.

11. Mandyy_

Need re-view all changes made in blue.

Summary:
    Got rid of Weakness+Talents
    Body Type Changed
    Relationships Added
    Add to Personality; Paragraph #1
    Been changed to fit the new system

#11 Mandyy_, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  12. Mandyy_

bumping

13. HydraLana

@Mandyy_ Please update this application to fit the current Proficiency Point ratio.

14. Mandyy_

Changes made @HydraLana

15. HydraLana

My Review:
    • There is no Writing Proficiency listed on the Cultural section, please remove this and replace it or allocate the points elsewhere.
    • Please update her Weapon of Choice to fit her Proficiencies or explain why it is not the dagger she is training in.
    Tag me once the edits have been done in green @Mandyy_

16. Mandyy_

Replaced with Cuisine Cooking
    Decided to even out the weapon Proficiencies and not use all of her proficiency points if thats allowed because of the the fact she's not very trained in all of the.
    Weapon Of Choice updated

17. HydraLana

Approved.

18. Mandyy_

Updated Proficieny Points to match her current skills.
    Bump, + I think i tag @HydraLana

19. HydraLana

Reapproved.