Archived [pluggin Suggestion] Massive Items - Roleplay And Lore Influenced Gear!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackeo

Architect
Reaction score
Faction
Kinwrey
I have thought up a idea that would help increase the Roleplay on this server through items. As many know we currently have Holy Water, A splash potion used to fight vampires that isn't in Vanilla Minecraft. So why don't we make other cool Items? Well, I believe since Cayorion has special crafting recipes (For instance upcoming horse armor) that it is possible to code in new crafting recipes. So my Idea is that if you craft items in certain ways you get a new item, for instance a Dwarven Axe. Though these words are not enough to explain this idea. So for the readers convience I have added pictures to thoroughly explain my idea.

Now that you have seen what I mean I hope you think this is a good idea. The Names, descriptions and crafting recipes will most likely be changed if the staff wish to create such a pluggin. Even if just a few crafting recipes are added after many new races come out Massivecraft may one day have a whole list of custom crafting recipes which would make the server so much more unique then it already is. Thank you for taking your time to read.

**UPDATE**

Do to the great feedback on this I have added a new Idea as seen in the photo bellow.

Basically, I added a new enchantment called Dwarven Swing. This enchantment isn't in normal Minecraft, It is basically a enchantment with a NBT change and the enchantment doesn't do anything. This rebalances the item because well, The enchantment doesn't do anything, It just looks cool.

Also here is something I don't think a crafting recipe should be made for I just made it for fun showing some more special enchantments I made.

[Everything seen in the Photos is in Normal Minecraft, no mod's used what so ever.]

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
These are very interesting, i would love to see this on the server. However, perhaps the gold sword can have unbreaking or something? i mean, its not gonna last very long, especially when people get the vibes of it gonna be there in any moment.

I. Want. These. Weapons. Nao. Make. Them. Happen. Or. I. Will. EXPLODE. SSSSSSSSSSSS-BOOOOOOM!

But seriously, wow. I would kill to get these (figuratively of course) added to the game. I assume, though, that they would have superior/equal durability to their diamond counterparts? I saw Iron and Diamond used in all of them, after all.

I feel like freakin Captain Planet over here, can the Yanar get some love? D;
Maybe a shovel, with enchants not normal...attributed...to a... alright what ever -,-

Holy crap! This is awesome! 8D

What About Tigrans?

Oh my god, they fight with BEAR HANDS! D:

Edit: Tigrians that is <_<

The crafted horse armor recipes were already in Minecraft but were disabled. I'm pretty sure to add the recipe back in, Cayorion doesn't have to add anything substantial, he just has to flip a switch, or... type a character in a bunch of already existing code.
*Edited for better understanding

The crafted horse armor recipes were already in Minecraft but were disabled. I'm pretty sure Cayorion doesn't have to add anything, he just has to flip a switch, or... type a character in a bunch of already existing code.

No, they are not inherently in minecraft. They were; however, the recipe was taken out by Jeb, not Cayorion. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Horse_Armor
-edit- look under trivia on the horse armor page

Back to the topic!
My only concern is that6 the enchants could be abused (most notably the infiniti 1 bow). Infiniti 1 is a pretty rare enchant (fetching 8 or 9 silver a cow-mart I think), so I don't think that it would be right to add it. Of course that is just an example, but I love the overall idea. I just think that then enchants would have to be added carefully, the fire aspect II sword isn't op because it is on a gold sword. The infiniti could easily be combined with a better bow at an anvil.

When I first read the title, I thought you would suggest unique god weapons (i.e. the Sword of Light), which wouldn't break, to add even more to roleplay and the prestige of whoever owned one. This suggestions is also really good, and as long as each race has a unique item, I fully support this. To make it even better, I suggest making it so each race can only craft its own item.

I only added a few weapons which I thought off the top of my head. My goal would be to have weapons for each race but some are hard. The enchants do need some balancing but that can be worked on if this is added.

Wow.. yes! This would be such a good thing to have added into the server!

There are plugins out there who can technically do this, but on the other hand it is very hard to balance these.

I have gone through two plugins that cover this exact feature set, but yet we decided to focus on sharding and improving our "old" plugins first.

Secondly, enabling a crafting reciepe that gives you such enchants is not a good idea, the marked for enchants would certainly not be happy about it.

If I find a way to add crafting reciepes that simply add lore I would completly support this. You'd still have to enchant it but that is surely no problem for you guys ;). And yes, I am not entirly sure whether we can add lore to our items with the current crafting reciepe code that we have.

The feedback for this has been great. I am aware that some enxchantments are to op so I am working on balanced verisions now. For example Iintend to bring diamond weapons down to iron and remove infinity off the bow as I actually didn't attended tp have it in the first place (it was for testing in sp). As Ulu stated this will bring the enchantment market down so I will not add this to diamond weapons.

Ooh, this sounds great! What if only a specific race could make such an item? For example, and elf can't make a dwarven axe, but a dwarf can make a dwarven axe?

I'll ask cayorion what is doable for this suggestion, but I cannot guarantee that it is possible as of yet or that he thinks it ia a good idea.

There are plugins out there who can technically do this, but on the other hand it is very hard to balance these.

I have gone through two plugins that cover this exact feature set, but yet we decided to focus on sharding and improving our "old" plugins first.

Secondly, enabling a crafting reciepe that gives you such enchants is not a good idea, the marked for enchants would certainly not be happy about it.

If I find a way to add crafting reciepes that simply add lore I would completly support this. You'd still have to enchant it but that is surely no problem for you guys ;). And yes, I am not entirly sure whether we can add lore to our items with the current crafting reciepe code that we have.

I think someone mentioned before.. that each race(when chosen) gets bow, axe or something.. I'd suggest that if persson who coded this just puts enchant on weapon what was crafter for each race first time.. so when chosing an race(dward=axe), he crafts it, and gets enchant, other time when he trys to do it(dawrf=axe), he is not able to get enchant.

Updated main post with new Updated version.

Ingenious idea. Well thought of, I like it!

I like this idea and would be happy to see it in the server in the future. Let's hold our thumbs for the Mods/Admins to succed with it.

Why not make them require XP to make them more valuable and harder for the new players to make. Remember, its just a suggestion.

Whenever I see you on here, I'm trying to figure out why your here.
When im on here(occasionally) i like to take time to admire well thought ideas and be polite. Unlike a certain few.

Whoever said these should not be added to Massivecraft have something wrong with them xD

The maiars should get an ink sac called squid`s tool or a fish called dead father

Status
Not open for further replies.