Archived Player Resets - The Ability To Reset Everything About Your Player....

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

AJKproductions

Refugee
Reaction score
I would like to suggest a way for a player to completely reset everything about the player it will teleport them back to the original spawn as a new player. Just an idea, if not can you reset my player anyway, MC name is 'alexknight'.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The simplest answer might be no. It would require reset in 10 plugins or more. And I guess maybe 2 of those plugins have an easy way to do it.

but what happens if you join and instantly mess up? there are only configs and databases to change which can be easily re-written...
or maybe an annual reset for player that want it...

Whats it resetting exactly it's not like a shooter with a KDR or skyrim. Want to reset? Heres how in 3 steps.
1. Kill yourself in lava or drop all items
2. If in a faction: /f leave
3. /uspawn

Ta daa

There is no way you can mess up, if you get bad traits you can remove them, you can leave any faction and MCMMOO only improves you.

exactly what enderdonut said. Players have specific data given to them, but idk if it erases everything like locks, faction status, and mcmmo. I like this idea. I bought a new alt because I wanted to retrain McMMo it would have been easier to have a command that reset it for me.

It's actually pretty easy, all you would need to do is make a plugin that deletes the specific player file off the server, which isn't hard to do at all.
What you should thin about is that plugins keep data. Deleting vanilla data might be easy. But the server has lots of plugins that stores data about people. (LWC factions, mcmmo, traits, permissions, hawkeye, MassiveMoney, and others) So all those plugins has to delete the data. For some plugins it is easy (just a single file, or there is a built in method to do it). But the plugins with complex databases, it can be REALLY difficult. As Mcmmo is a plugin where some people would want reset, I can tell you. Last time I checked,me mcmmo API was very small.

The idea of this would be impractical, since most of the plugins store data to your advantage. Deleting player data would not really help much. The examples you gave can be solved quite easily. Also, the coding it would take to pull this off is more than you would think. It would be more of a nuisance then a help.

The idea of this would be impractical, since most of the plugins store data to your advantage. Deleting player data would not really help much. The examples you gave can be solved quite easily. Also, the coding it would take to pull this off is more than you would think. It would be more of a nuisance then a help.
Finally someone that knows about coding. With all the data being so fragmented in different places I would be hard to delete. All plugins don't just save info about the player in the same file. If they did, that file would be big and cause lag. And if I didn't ask, what do you want to get reset?

When you delete that folder in the server files, it deletes all data. This includes McMMO, Factions, /seen, permissions, hawkeye, and and everything in between. I've worked with this kind of stuff, I've done it myself so many times. However, you do have a good point, you would need to create a plugin that would override the OS protection, and most anti-virus's would call the plugin a virus.
Now i am confused.
Each plugin has its own folder where it stores data. That is config files, data about players or other information. That practically means storing data different places. How does the plugins, store data about players the same place? Yes they all have a folder inside the plugins folder (Except for MassiveCore plugins) but deleting the plugins folder removes ALL information ALL (excpet MassiveCore plugins) plugins store.

What? No, I'm talking about the player data. I'm not sure about the MCore plugins, but I know that all the other data is stored in the player file on the server, including Mcstats, /seen, hawkeye, and such. Really, it depends on how the MCore plugins are made, but it wouldn't hurt them if the player data folder was deleted.
Is there a player data folder? I have made plugins (only simple ones) setup and configured server and plugins (even a little spigot stuff). But i have never heard about a player data folder. Doesn't plugins use their own database (or flatfile system) to store data?

I don't know why you guys are arguing the technical aspects of MassiveCraft especially when you have no first hand knowledge of our setup. Please save yourself the trouble and leave it up to the developers and tech staff at MassiveCraft. Your idea is noted and we will see where it goes from here. I think this feature is a good idea.

I don't know why you guys are arguing the technical aspects of MassiveCraft especially when you have no first hand knowledge of our setup. Please save yourself the trouble and leave it up to the developers and tech staff at MassiveCraft. Your idea is noted and we well see where it goes from here. I think this feature is a good idea.
Yes you are right.

exactly what enderdonut said. Players have specific data given to them, but idk if it erases everything like locks, faction status, and mcmmo. I like this idea. I bought a new alt because I wanted to retrain McMMo it would have been easier to have a command that reset it for me.
Wait, hold on…. You enjoy training MCMMO? Umm….. ok...