Player Outreach To Writing Cultures

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by MonMarty, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

This thread will be used to poll interest and assign writing tasks to players who are willing to assist in writing our additional Ailor Cultures. We are looking for writers who are proficient in English and can write at a similar theme style as the Wiki, meaning a mixture between immersive but also very formal and information driven information that doesn't use too many thesauruses and big words, but still gets good descriptive content across. We are specifically looking for players/staff who feel passionate about a specific culture or have their own heritage roots in these cultures to give them a better understanding of the more subtle cultural expressions. We currently have the following distinctions:
    • Breizh, the Breton/Norman Culture, Claimed by MonMarty & Completed
    • Jendaskea, the Basque Culture, Claimed by Tibertastic & Completed
    • Tolonne, the Occitan/Provencal Culture, Claimed by ContestedSnow & Completed
    • Genevaud, the Swiss/Tyrollean Culture, Claimed by Goldifish & Completed
    • Azzizzari, the Neapolitan/Sicilian Culture, Claimed by People & Completed
    • Byala, the Bulgarian/Romanian Culture, Claimed by KrakenLord01 & Completed
    • Güneyliler, the Turkish Culture, Claimed by Yigit & Completed
    • Zvorun, the Polish/Lithuanian/Latvian/Romuva Culture, Claimed by Osowiec & Completed
    • Höglander, the Swedish sophisticated court Culture, Claimed by Last_Link & Completed
    • Fridurfolk, the Icelandic Culture, Claimed by Nixces & Completed
    • Calderliga, the North German/Hanseatic/Mercantile Calemberg Culture, Claimed by FireFan96 & Completed
    • Ardualnaar, the Libyan/Mamluk Warlord Culture, Claimed by KrakenLord01 & Completed
    • Tarkkin, the Finnish/Estonian Culture, Claimed by MURKl & Completed
    • Burdigala, the Burgundian/Wallonian Culture, Claimed by Eronoc & Completed
    • Szabadok, the Hungarian Culture, Claimed by MonMarty & Completed
    • Bragacao, the Portuguese Culture, Claimed by Nixces & Completed
    • Mevoriim, the Hebrew Culture, Claimed by Corgi Jesus & Completed
    • Ohrneti, the Georgian/Armenian Culture, Claimed by KrakenLord01 & Completed
    • Qússrakón, the Astrakani/Tengri/Hunnic Culture, Claimed by KrakenLord01 & Completed
    • Hadrav’ya, the Ethiopian/Coptic Culture, Claimed by HydraLana & Completed
    • Khaneh, the Persian Culture, Claimed by Darwinfluff & Completed
    How to request a writing permit
    • Write a reply to this thread with the following information:
    • Your in-game Username.
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page, for example "I am from XYZ culture".
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline).
    • A verbal "I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."
    If you've been approved, you will be handed a template by which to write, and an example page to define how long each paragraph should be by minimum. You will be asked to write the skeleton structure of the culture (everything except the history) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. Your name will be added as co-writer for the document published on the Wiki.

Only one person can be written down as a claimant for a writer on the articles outlined above, and players who submit to help writing these articles should be ready to receive harsh criticism on their writing and several iterations of reworking certain parts to make sure the final product is as good as it can be. If multiple players claim the same culture, the best pitch for quality assurance will be granted, or both may be approved under the understanding that these can collaborate on expanding the document with more content.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Powerful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    #1 MonMarty, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2019
  2. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

• Scaffolding99.
    • My fathers side of my family is a mix of Sicilian and Neapolitan, with me being third generation into the United States with extensive research and study of my roots, I would love to write the Azzizzari page.
    • The 12th of February, 2019.
    • I, Adam Scafuto, agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft.

#2 SignoreScafuto, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

• Yigit.
    • I am a fullblood Turkish person by birth, born and raised in Turkey. The extension of my family tree all consist of Turks. During my education years I studied a lot of Turkish Literature and History. Therefore I wish to help write the Güneyliler culture.
    • I believe I can be done by late January-early February. Deadline around 10-15 of February 2019.
    • I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft.
    @MonMarty

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

• KrakenLord01
    • I've done a great amount of research on Mamluk and Arabic culture for past projects (non-Massive related), and I intend to study Arabic/Middle East history for my History Major once in college next Fall. I want to write the Ardualnaar culture.
    • 15th of February, 2019
    • I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft.

#4 KrakenLord01, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  5. MURKl

MURKl i'll rot like a dove

IGN: MURKl

• I'm interested in writing the Tarkkin culture. I was born and raised in Northern Finland, my paternal family is from Lapland, and my maternal's from Northeastern Finland. Finnish mythology is a big interest of mine and is something I've studied independently, so I have knowledge on that front as well.
    • 28th of February.

#5 MURKl, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  6. Darwinfluff

Darwinfluff Lord and Savior Doitsu

Darwinfluff
    • Am half-Persian and somewhat familiar with the culture and the history. Have the opportunity to do more research as well as add a creative spin to it for originality. I know some Persian/Farsi. Thus, I'd like to help with the unnamed Persian Culture.
    • Can have it done by the end of February (28th at latest)
    • "I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."

7. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

• Your in-game Username: Last_Link
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page: I have a crush on Charles XII and I like to read about him and Swedish history in general.
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline): February 5th
    • "I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."

8. AlmightyCaralho

AlmightyCaralho Brasil acima de tudo, Deus acima de todos!

• Your in-game Username: AlmightyCaralho
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page: I'm Brazilian-Portuguese with close family ties still in Europe. I grew up in a heavily Portuguese/Naturalised Brazilian-influenced household with some of grandparents being either naturally Portuguese or children of Portuguese immigrants. I've acquired a decent knowledge base on general European history as well as specifically Portuguese and Brazilian history and culture. I also amateurly studied some linguistic morphology of the Portuguese language and Brazilian Portuguese. I'd like to write the Bragacao culture.
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done: February 10th

#8 AlmightyCaralho, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. Rochelle_

Rochelle_ not-so-hidden dragon

• Your in-game Username: Rochelle_
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page: My Dad’s entire family is Polish by war, and I grew up in a heavy Polish community to where we went to their cultural festivals multiple times a year, and we still try to go to one annually. I’m not afraid to ask my family more questions about the culture to better understand how they function. I’d love to write the Zvorun culture and give it a go.
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done: By the end of February if everything goes to plan.

10. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Your Prompt for Azzizzari culture is: A South Italian, mixing Neapolitan and Sicilian aspects into its own Dressolini subculture to give a more lax and relaxed feel to the otherwise civilized and arrogant Dressolini.
    Your Prompt for the Güneyliler culture is: A Turkish culture with heavy emphasis on the Ottoman Empire, part of the Ailor spectrum, and occupying a large part of the eastern coastal region of the Sendrassian landmass.
    Your Prompt for the Ardualnaar culture is: Libyan/Mameluk inspired war-like subculture of Qadir that is supposed to take the traditional pacifist and educated Qadir in the more aggressive direction of the Libyan warlords and tribe conflicts. These are located in Califaera in southern Essalonia.
    Your Prompt for the Tarkkin culture is: Finnish and Estonian based cultures had are a variety of tribal steppe nomad Velheimers (because actual Velheimers live in a feudal society) as well as forest-dwelling reindeer pastorals from the throat cap mountains of Drixagh in the Sudemo, reflecting Finnish.
    Your Prompt for the unnamed Persian culture is: A Persian inspired sub culture of Qadir that is supposed to formalize a continuation of the Sariyd Empire that predated the Qadir being ousted from their lands by the Songaskians, inhabiting some of the old Pearl cities and being in a perpetual conflict with the Songaskians, with Babylonian and old Seleucid influences. They live in Mooriye with a few coastal settlements reinforcing the main city of the same name. You are okay to use a name of your own suggestion throughout the writing of the article though mention somewhere in a comment/OOC statement on the document what the name means/comes from.
    Your Prompt for Höglander culture is: An even more formalized Velheimer sister culture from the Swedish Heartland with a super heavy noble oligarchic feel, tons and tons of castles and feuds between barons and counts, but with a heavy civilized Scandinavian feel to it.
    Your Prompt for the Bragacao culture is: A formal sister culture of Daendroque based in Lusits (and the Regalian Archipelago region of Bragacao) with a Portuguese feel to it. If you see things from the Daendroque page that you really want to use, please mention them to me and we can discuss about breaking them off.
    Your Prompt for the Zvorun culture is: An old Polish/Lithuanian//Latvian/Romuva culture with an emphasis on pre-Christian paganism, wars against the Teutonic-inspired Calembergers, with a whole new religion based on Greek Titans and Olympians but given a Baltic theme.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the culture (everything except the history) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware, that length of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:
    https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Szabadok_Culture
    https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Breizh_Culture

Please feel free to message me with any questions, concerns or clarifications, but also to turn in your final products. My Discord is HydraLana#1362

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. HobblingHobbit

HobblingHobbit ~Eating punks like you for second breakfast~ Aspirant

• Your in-game Username: HobblingHobbit
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page, for example "I am from XYZ culture": I'm a biblical scholar and by proxy I know quite a bit about hebrew/jewish culture so give me my jew lore marty, I'm also like 10 percent jewish so I'm obviously the most qualified.
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done: No clue tbh, depends on my work schedule but the culture doesn't even have a name yet so I imagine your not in that big of a rush to get it done.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Unnamed Hebrew Culture is: A Judaism inspired culture who discovered a sacred god-like being in the east of Sendras, forming a whole isolated culture away from the general Ceardian development.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the culture (everything except the history) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware that length of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

Please feel free to message me with any questions, concerns or clarifications, but also to turn in your final products. My Discord is HydraLana#1362

13. Mooffins

Mooffins ancient gay

I'd like to write the Unnamed Georgian/Armenian Culture.
    • Mooffins
    • I have written past Lore Pages, including one culture page in the Leutz-Vixe. I believe I can easily write about things that I have a vested interest in, and that can be attested to with my various work on the server.
    • I work and have university essays to attend to, so I couldn't tell you a due date for this. Maybe a week or two? Maybe less? Probably no longer than a month.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

• FireFan96
    • Through a forum convo with Marty, I gave a pitch to write the New Regalian culture. I graduated with a German minor at university and have a fair understanding of the culture through rp expereinces. The pitch was approved, but I wanted to post it here for bureaucracy reference.
    • I should be able to complete this by the end of the month, so February 28th.
    Tagging @HydraLana to keep you informed

15. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Unnamed Georgian/Armenian Culture is: An Armenian/Georgian representation as a sister bridge between Etosian and Vladno with a much heavier emphasis on holy wars, crusading, and monasteries united under a canonized king.
    Your Prompt is custom and private so I do not have anything to tell you.

As is stated above, you both will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware that length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

16. HydraLana

Just giving this thread a little bump, there are plenty of Cultures left to write!

17. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

• FireFan96 for the Düdesche/Calderliga Culture
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page, for example "I am from XYZ culture".
      • I wrote the New Regalian Page, and have a German Minor. I've some familiarity with the Hanseatic League, which this culture is based on, and would be basing most of the culture around it. I expect this culture to have many similarities with New Regalian, which is why it would be good for the person who wrote one to write the other.
    • When you suspect you can have your first submission done (set yourself a deadline).
      • April 12th

18. HydraLana

Well you read and know the Prompt well given your other work, proceed.

19. Nixces

Nixces N/A

• Antagonizm (Nixces) for Fridurfolk, the Icelandic Culture
      • I believe i'm a skilled writer with enough resources to make the page as genuine and like Icelandic Culture as need be. I've plenty of resources and time to study up on said culture as well as enough lore knowledge to easily write it into MassiveCraft lore. My mother took college courses in Culture studies and i've intended to follow after her and i've already had quite the time studying cultures on my own and I feel as if this would be good practice as well.
      • As for why I chose Icelandic in general it's already been something i've read about and take great interest in. I'm also confident I can write something interesting to fit into the lore while still being like it's inspiration.
    • A good couple of weeks at least.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

• KrakenLord01
    • I'm wanting to write the unnamed Astrakani/Tengri/Hunnic culture. I hope to continue contributing to the project and a Tengri/Hunnic culture would be the best choice for that goal. I have done research on the Central Asian steppe cultures of the Tengri nomads and previously wrote the Ardualnaar page, and so have understanding with what's expected for a horselord culture.
    • April 21st, 2019

21. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Fridurfolk Culture is: A Velheim sister culture based on pastoralism and pacifism, taking the old Hurr Viking in a whole different more artsy and communal direction. They live in western and northwestern Drixagh.
    Your Prompt for the Qússrakón Culture is: An Astrakhani/Tengri/Hunnic culture to represent a more tribal nomadic existence for Ailor who exist in the Hȏrtutor Tribelands in Daendroc and who largely emulate the Avanthar horse steppe aesthetic.

As is stated above, you both will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware that length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. Infinatum

Infinatum In Totum Ad Perpetuum

• Infinatum
    • I'm wanting to write the Genevaud culture based not only on interest in Germanic anthropology but also on holding currently 2 years of classes in addition to self-teaching the German language and culture. I've on average approximately 5 hours a day that are free and will allow me to further study and refine any progress I've made.
    • I'm aiming for April 12th, 2019.

#21 Infinatum, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  23. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Genevaud Culture is: A Swiss/Tyrollean high mountain German culture of strict religious observation and yodeling. Lots and lots of yodeling and snow.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

24. PumpkinJesus

PumpkinJesus Refugee

• CorgiJesus
    • After being informed HobblingHobbit no longer wished to write the Judaism/Hebrew inspired culture, I took interest and wish to take over. I have extensive knowledge of the history of the Middle East - both recent and ancient. My paternal father is Italian/Jewish and was originally drove me to find out more of my background and thought I can apply my knowledge of such as well as my creativity here.
    • I have no date I've considered setting for myself, however I believe I should get done in one or two months - especially since Summer is approaching.

#23 PumpkinJesus, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  25. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Unnamed Hebrew Culture is: A Judaism inspired culture who discovered a sacred god-like being in the east of Sendras, forming a whole isolated culture away from the general Ceardian development. They are found near the Güneyliler Culture.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which I will review your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

26. Nidakk

Nidakk Phsycotic Horse Rider

• Nidakk
    • After seeing the Sicilian Culture, I immediately had idea on what it had potential for. I’m from the Mediterranean area though I am from Greece (Mainly the island of Keos) I have studied Rome since I was in seventh grade and Sicily has always peaked my interest. Considering these factors, I would try to make the Azzizzari culture more Carthaginian/Roman
    • I can probably get it done in 6 weeks, if not less.

27. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Azzizzari Culture is: A South Italian, mixing Neapolitan and Sicilian aspects into its own Dressolini sub culture to give a more laxe and relaxed feel to the otherwise civilized and arrogant Dressolini.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which I will review your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to some of the New Culture writing. Please be aware that length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

Please feel free to message me with any questions, concerns or clarifications, but also to turn in your final products.

28. ContestedSnow

ContestedSnow Philippe du Langelier, Cavalièr de la Sang

Vivètz l'Empèri!
    • ContestedSnow
    • Over the past 5-6 months, I've been doing nothing but consuming and researching Occitan/provencal material thanks to it being my newest (and multi-year) obsession. I definitely have a passion for the language (just did a university assessment on it), and heck, I listen to Occitan music in my free time.
    • I plan to start writing this as soon as possible, with a fair bit of energy into it but I also have university approaching it's final crunch time before the end of the trimester. I'd say by June if Uni gets in the way, late May if not. (:

29. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

• KrakenLord01
    • I hope to pick this culture back up for writing after it was dropped by Muffins, as I still want to continue the project and have a vested interest in these cultures. I wrote the Ardualnaar culture, and also believe that the Etosil-originated cultures could use more expanding. Part of the Middle East studies for my intended major involves looking at the Crusades and I want to better explore that piece of history through writing this culture.
    • End of May or beginning of June
    @HydraLana

#28 KrakenLord01, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  30. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Tolonne Culture is: An Occitan/Provencal based maritime culture for Ithanians that also exists as a bridge to cover the gap between Lusits and Ithania and Daendroc, some of their population existing in the Solacian Isles with a heavy emphasis on trade.
    Your Prompt for the Unnamed Georgian/Armenian Culture is: An Armenian/Georgian representation as a sister bridge between Etosian and Vladno with a much heavier emphasis on holy wars, crusading, and monasteries united under a canonized king.

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to some of the New Culture writing. Please be aware that length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

Please feel free to message me with any questions, concerns or clarifications, but also to turn in your final products.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Nixces

Nixces N/A

• Nixces for Bragacao, the Portuguese Culture.
    • From what basis you think you can write a good cultural page, for example, "I am from XYZ culture".
      • Everything I stated for my previous application. As well as the fact I'm more familiar with Portuguese culture and have extremely reliable sources to source from when writing. And of course, having already written my share of the Fridurfolk page.
    • Writing time could take good two to four weeks. All depending on what I have going on. Could even be way earlier than that.
    • "I, Nixces, agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."
    @HydraLana

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #30 Nixces, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  32. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

• MrScafuto.
    • Similarly to @ContestedSnow , I’ve a heavy interest in the Basque culture, ranging from doing in depth research for various aspects of Basque culture, diving into the linguistic community debate of where the Basque language originates from, and having done a paper on ghe similarities between the Basque and the old Californio culture that existed in pre-USA California.
    • By mid June, worst case scenario.
    • “I, Adam Scafuto, agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."
    @HydraLana

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  33. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Bragacao culture is: A formal sister culture of Daendroque based in Lusits (and the Regalian Archipelago region of Bragacao) with a Portuguese feel to it. If you see things from the Daendroque page that you really want to use, please mention them to me and we can discuss about breaking them off from that to be used in your article instead.
    Your Prompt for the Jendaskea culture is: An entirely new culture, focused more on a more strictly religious but also very rural approach of Daendroque, while taking heavy influences from real life Basque and Catalan cultures. If you see things from the Daendroque page that you really want to use, please mention them to me and we can discuss about breaking them off from that to be used in your article instead.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  34. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

• Goldifish, Genevaud
    • I've done a lot of research on the Swiss culture for school.
    • A month if I don't speed through it in a week.
    • "I, Goldifish, agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft will transfer copyright to MassiveCraft."

35. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Genevaud Culture is: A Swiss/Tyrollean high mountain German culture of strict religious observation and yodeling. Lots and lots of yodeling and snow.

As is stated above, you will write the skeleton structure of the Culture (everything except the History) after which a Lore Staff member will "process" your article to remove any writing impurities and errors, and also add their own content (along with the history) to bring the whole article cohesively together. This is the format that you will all be using and you must put it onto a google drive document: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/index.php?title=Culture/Format&action=edit

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to player's Culture writing. Please be aware that length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

36. Osowiec

Osowiec A ragged wanderer.

• Osowiec
    • I have a fascination with Polish and Eastern European culture and history and have a good general knowledge to work with.
    • 2 Weeks Minimum - 3 Weeks Maximum

37. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Zvorun culture is: An old Polish/Lithuanian//Latvian culture with an emphasis on pre-Christian paganism, wars against the Teutonic-inspired Calembergers, with a whole new religion based on Greek Titans and Olympians but given a Baltic theme. The religious inspiration should also include ideas from Romuva: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romuva_(religion)

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware, that length of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

38. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

• KrakenLord01
    • I want to write the Byala culture.
    • I've written the Ardualnaar, Qússrakón, and Ohrneti cultures while also contributing to another upcoming culture page, and believe I can dedicate to a project and commit to research to ensure cultural accuracy and content.
    • End of August or beginning of September
    • I agree to the terms and conditions, that my work may be altered, published, deleted without my consent. I claim no copyright on the content that I am giving to MassiveCraft for use, and that all content that I do end up giving to MassiveCraft willtransfer copyright to MassiveCraft.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  39. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Byala culture is: A Bulgarian culture that implements a more pro-gender equality version of the very polarized vladno, with a heavier emphasis on rural conditions and some Romanian elements.

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware, that the length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

40. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

• Eronoc
    • I would like to write the Burdigala culture
    • I have worked on editing lore pages in the past, and have a decent knowledge of Wallonia and Burgundy (especially Wallonia) from genealogical research and general historical knowledge. I am also willing to do a quick self-primer and research session to refresh my knowledge on these areas. Assuming that Alsatian/Lotharingian influence would be accepted, I believe I am even more qualified to write for this culture.
    • September 1st

41. HydraLana

Your Prompt for the Burdigala culture is: A more normalized francard Ithanian culture with less focus on the elaborate artsy fartsy and more on the lavish wine and cheese producing countryside.

As two recent examples of the sort of length of the content we are looking for, here are links to Marty's culture writing. Please be aware, that the length and inclusion of individual sections will vary based on the significance of certain areas as opposed to others:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.