Archived Peaceful World Or Factions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pldeutz188

Pldeutz
Reaction score
I realise this is a raiding server, so I probably won't get far, also considering past posts on this subject. I also realise that raiding is completely legal and is allowed, infact in rp it is encouraged, but I personally disagree with it, and although many people will continue to enjoy it, I can't and will not ever raid anyone. So I realise that peaceful factions are out of the picture, they were tested and failed but I have discussed this with others in the past and thought up ways of making the peaceful option a fair one, for everyone : raiders and peaceful players. It might work better then if the server had a peasant world devoted to farming and building, without factions imposed on them. Thats one suggestion. Another could be that factions are able to be peaceful but cannot swing between peaceful and waring due to cooldown restriants. That could work? I also think that even if there was one faction on the server that was "reserved" for peaceful people, I would join it because I get sick of the whole enemying/allying/trucing business. Its a bit too "fragile" and "fickle" for me, because people can simply enemy and raid without any discussion or consent... I realise this post may likely be locked without any further discussion because there are too many people who like the server the way it is, but I am trying to consider raiders and those who enjoy the PVP side of things too, so please hear me out. ;)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you didn't enjoy pvp, you wouldn't join a MEDIEVAL roleplay server, were vampires are routinely hanged by the crimson inquisition. Just look at the lore of Massive. First we have a vampire queen banshee of death, then we have racism against vampires, and then we have a race DEDICATED to warfare, the orcs. Does ANY of that sound peaceful to you? As I have said before, it is in the fires of war the true heroes are born. The 9th Legion for example. The 9th Legion are respected by most of the server for fighting for good. If we have no pvp, then this would be a poor roleplay server.

Its sometimes nice to consider others who may not enjoy pvp as much as you do. Infact hundreds of people enjoy role-play without pvp or factions, just look at dubcraft for example, (no advertisement intended). So consider that. Just because the server is a medieval roleplay server does'nt mean that people should be forced to enter into pvp just because the majority enjoy violence and battle/tacticsetc etc. And thatw as me, and I will continue to post my ideas because I realise that they are not impossible for the server to acheive. Consideration costs nothing but it shows respect for others. :)
We shouldn't look at DubCraft for a role model because they cannot beat MassiveCraft.

Im not asking the server to change, but I am asking that a peaceful option is allowed alongside the pvp world/systems. I don't wish to speak about 9th legion because I curently don't have anything good to say about one of their unreasonable members. But thats another story. There is no pvp in Regalia and people shop/talk/fish etc there, and that works perfectly, now if only you could build there....[DOUBLEPOST=1364866050,1364865933][/DOUBLEPOST]
We shouldn't look at DubCraft for a role model because they cannot beat MassiveCraft.

They have a far larger and diferent server (hunger games related) so we can't really compare them.

Im not asking the server to change, but I am asking that a peaceful option is allowed alongside the pvp world/systems. I don't wish to speak about 9th legion because I curently don't have anything good to say about one of their unreasonable members. But thats another story. There is no pvp in Regalia and people shop/talk/fish etc there, and that works perfectly, now if only you could build there....[DOUBLEPOST=1364866050,1364865933][/DOUBLEPOST]

They have a far larger and diferent server (hunger games related) so we can't really compare them.
9thLegion? Unreasonable? im gonna slap you.

In my experience yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1364866935,1364866778][/DOUBLEPOST]But that will not be discussed here.

pldeutz please answer this one question. How would we make it a medieval roleplay world when there is no war? In medieval times, there was constant war as small fiefs struggled to hang onto their power while massive empires flourished and caused world wars. This is something Massivecraft does very well. If you take away war from Massive, what is left? Many great empires and factions were caused by war, and it helps the server( in my opinion). War makes it so factions are always changing, which prevents stagnation. Think about this, if we don't have war, then how will we have villains? Right now someone can make a barbarian faction and spread fear across the land, pillaging and looting all that oppose them. If we take pvp away, what will those villains be? Just a few people saying "Muhahah I'm evil!" in faction chat? I do realize that some people dislike pvp, but as others have said, try getting some protection from empires or allies. I frankly think that pvp is beneficial for the server, and removing it would only hurt Massivecraft.

pldeutz please answer this one question. How would we make it a medieval roleplay world when there is no war? In medieval times, there was constant war as small fiefs struggled to hang onto their power while massive empires flourished and caused world wars. This is something Massivecraft does very well. If you take away war from Massive, what is left? Many great empires and factions were caused by war, and it helps the server( in my opinion). War makes it so factions are always changing, which prevents stagnation. Think about this, if we don't have war, then how will we have villains? Right now someone can make a barbarian faction and spread fear across the land, pillaging and looting all that oppose them. If we take pvp away, what will those villains be? Just a few people saying "Muhahah I'm evil!" in faction chat? I do realize that some people dislike pvp, but as others have said, try getting some protection from empires or allies. I frankly think that pvp is beneficial for the server, and removing it would only hurt Massivecraft.
I don't think you quite understood my idea. The idea is to have a peaceful city/world alongside the other non-peaceful factions which operates as a safety zone and is open for non-pvp'rs because I can tell you right now, there are many who do not like the pvp side of minecraft, and I personally do like it, but I hate what comes with it: the ally/truce/enemy/tribute/surrender gobshite, which (pardon my irish) takes all the essential fun away from the game for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1364874665,1364868867][/DOUBLEPOST]Couldn't something like regalia become a peaceful world for merchants and farmers and builders?

I still disagree with you, here is my reasoning. If you want to make a ROLEPLAY world, you try to make it so people can be whatever they want, as long as it doesn't break server lore. The world your suggesting is not a ROLEPLAY world, because it makes it so people cannot be villains. You can say "but there's going to be the regular worlds to", but the lack of villains on that world breaks server lore. How do people explain that one world is completely peaceful? How does that even make sense?

Also, I may not be speaking for everyone here, but I like a server with pvp enabled for a different reason than a lot of pvpers. I don't pvp, or raid. I don't enjoy attacking a faction, and like using diplomacy usually. But I still enjoy the DANGER of pvp. I enjoy it because it gives me a CHALLENGE, and without a challenge, what fun is there in the game? Because pvp is enabled I am always on the lookout for bandits, and that sense of danger is so FUN to me. For a while when Zion was fighting against Argonia, everyone in Zion always stayed in the base. The reason was that Argonians would hide near roads and ambush Zionites as they went to gather supplies. This led to a few risky supply runs as Zionites went outside to get desperately needed wood. That was FUN! We had to set up guards, lookouts, and each second was packed with suspense and excitement. It adds so much suspense into Minecraft, and so makes it so much more fun.

I realise this is a raiding server, so I probably won't get far, also considering past posts on this subject. I also realise that raiding is completely legal and is allowed, infact in rp it is encouraged, but I personally disagree with it, and although many people will continue to enjoy it, I can't and will not ever raid anyone. So I realise that peaceful factions are out of the picture, they were tested and failed but I have discussed this with others in the past and thought up ways of making the peaceful option a fair one, for everyone : raiders and peaceful players. It might work better then if the server had a peasant world devoted to farming and building, without factions imposed on them. Thats one suggestion. Another could be that factions are able to be peaceful but cannot swing between peaceful and waring due to cooldown restriants. That could work? I also think that even if there was one faction on the server that was "reserved" for peaceful people, I would join it because I get sick of the whole enemying/allying/trucing business. Its a bit too "fragile" and "fickle" for me, because people can simply enemy and raid without any discussion or consent... I realise this post may likely be locked without any further discussion because there are too many people who like the server the way it is, but I am trying to consider raiders and those who enjoy the PVP side of things too, so please hear me out. ;)

Peace is submission of oneself, justice is submission of others. The pursuit of peace can be ignorance, the pursuit of justice can be tyranny. Organization, order, structure, law & religion all require submissive relation to something beyond what is immediate and at hand.

WhiteRoses are a japanese themed peaceful factions without RAID, But we do go to attack in case there is no other discussion of peace. Our goal is to change the world into a less war zone and more peacefull that everyone can come along, but then there is those raiders who enjoy raiding and don't care so much.

You are allways welcome to our faction! If you are interrested in a japanese theme and want to build a lot and farming etc. Then contact me (XSacrificeXzb) ig or Raxor03, desert_eagle98, hatsish.

We are allways open for people.
-Regards-

WhiteRoses are a japanese themed peaceful factions without RAID, But we do go to attack in case there is no other discussion of peace. Our goal is to change the world into a less war zone and more peacefull that everyone can come along, but then there is those raiders who enjoy raiding and don't care so much.

You are allways welcome to our faction! If you are interrested in a japanese theme and want to build a lot and farming etc. Then contact me (XSacrificeXzb) ig or Raxor03, desert_eagle98, hatsish.

We are allways open for people.
-Regards-
Thx thats nice of you, I will see how my current faction goes but I'll remember that for future.[DOUBLEPOST=1364940194,1364940132][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still disagree with you, here is my reasoning. If you want to make a ROLEPLAY world, you try to make it so people can be whatever they want, as long as it doesn't break server lore. The world your suggesting is not a ROLEPLAY world, because it makes it so people cannot be villains. You can say "but there's going to be the regular worlds to", but the lack of villains on that world breaks server lore. How do people explain that one world is completely peaceful? How does that even make sense?

Also, I may not be speaking for everyone here, but I like a server with pvp enabled for a different reason than a lot of pvpers. I don't pvp, or raid. I don't enjoy attacking a faction, and like using diplomacy usually. But I still enjoy the DANGER of pvp. I enjoy it because it gives me a CHALLENGE, and without a challenge, what fun is there in the game? Because pvp is enabled I am always on the lookout for bandits, and that sense of danger is so FUN to me. For a while when Zion was fighting against Argonia, everyone in Zion always stayed in the base. The reason was that Argonians would hide near roads and ambush Zionites as they went to gather supplies. This led to a few risky supply runs as Zionites went outside to get desperately needed wood. That was FUN! We had to set up guards, lookouts, and each second was packed with suspense and excitement. It adds so much suspense into Minecraft, and so makes it so much more fun.

I agree but if what your saying is true then shouldn't regalia be pvp? To make it wholly true to RP ?

Well Regalia IS the Holy City of Light. You'd think they have some good defenses and guards that prevent any fighting.

Thx thats nice of you, I will see how my current faction goes but I'll remember that for future.[DOUBLEPOST=1364940194,1364940132][/DOUBLEPOST]

I agree but if what your saying is true then shouldn't regalia be pvp? To make it wholly true to RP ?
It has no pvp becuse there the lots of guards with bows who will shoot you if you attack someone. They are just really good at hinding(bandit) , everyone knows they exist but noone know where they are exactly so no one fights (thats one RP justifcation for no pvp in regalia). Another thing to remember is if you fight in the city you will be banished by wolfram and never welcome there again. (thats another RP justification, if you want more just say so there are lots)

This thread has spun way too far out of proportions.

Massivecraft's settings and gameplay are set by the staff. We set these settings and gameplay because we like them. This is our server, so no amount of players can make us change the settings we like on our server. We are looking into expanding (through other server clusters), but will never replace the current way the game is played on MassiveCraft.

lockingz.

Status
Not open for further replies.