Archived Parties, In Aspects Of Roleplay, Pvp/pve, And Adventuring Within A Mcmmo

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

AccursedRadiance

White People at a Cookout: It needs more salt
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
So here recently I've been playing on server called A'therys Ascended and have found a few things on there that I believe would work perfectly on Massive

The main one of those things being Partys, or groups of players that may not all be allies but want to group up and Go exploring or adventuring together. But If they're not all in the same town(what is what they call factions on A'therys) then they might accidentally kill one another if they get into a pvp or overwhelming PvE situation. So to avoid this, the server has a system called party's, which have a separate private chat and the party members Cannot damage one another unless party PvP is on. You of course have to invite people to your party and the player receiving the invite has to accept it, almost in the same manner you'd used to use when adding someone to your friends list.

We would of course have to give it that "Massive Flare" and add things to it like showing our party members and their health up in the right hand corner, almost like how your MCMMO stats are shown when you do /stats or /inspect, Or maybe make it so that your party members all get Icons next to their names when looking at their nametags. By this I mean that perhaps there would be a way that would allow you to be like "oh that person is in a party" or "oh hey we're in the same party". That type of deal. You could also make it so that the party lead could make it whether the whole group was visible on dynmap. Things of that nature.

The proposed commands are something like these
/p,party,group
/p invite <playername>
/p list
/p make lead <playername>
/p kick <playername>

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You mention another server by name. That might not be allowed. I suggest you to remove that.

And similar ideas have been suggested several times. It has never been implemented. The party chat is the only useful function. How hard is it to do /f truce SomeFactionName.
Ohh you could also use TeamSpeak. That is much easier when you are in battle, Because you can talk and battle at the same time.

And similar ideas have been suggested several times. It has never been implemented. The party chat is the only useful function. How hard is it to do /f truce SomeFactionName.
Ohh you could also use TeamSpeak. That is much easier when you are in battle, Because you can talk and battle at the same time.
You can't /f truce another faction if you're not an officer. Which is also another reason for this. And yes, Teamspeak is a good way to communicate but for people with older computers or no mica it's very difficult to properly utilize it. And then there is also the aspect of OS. I for one run the Linux Distro know as ubuntu and installing anything on it basically requires some form of Coding or Terminal usage, which for people with little knowledge of Coding, no matter the language, this can be very painstaking and mind grading.

For example, when installing Teamspeak on Linux have to go through the following process.

1. cd ~/Downloads (assuming saved in Downloads folder, otherwise where you saved it)
  2. chmod u+x ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.0.12.run
  3. OR if 64bit version: chmod u+x ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.13.1.run
  4. ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.0.12.run
  5. OR if 64bit version: ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.13.1.run
  6. Press enter to view the user agreement
  7. Press Q to leave the user agreement
  8. Type Yes to create the folder (named TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_xxxxxx)
  9. Open the folder, Run program called ts3client_linux_x86 or ts3client_linux_amd64
All of this is just to make it so that the file will actually run, which hopefully is quite obvious, is a lot of work to go through just to install a single program for communication.

You can't /f truce another faction if you're not an officer. Which is also another reason for this. And yes, Teamspeak is a good way to communicate but for people with older computers or no mica it's very difficult to properly utilize it. And then there is also the aspect of OS. I for one run the Linux Distro know as ubuntu and installing anything on it basically requires some form of Coding or Terminal usage, which for people with little knowledge of Coding, no matter the language, this can be very painstaking and mind grading.

For example, when installing Teamspeak on Linux have to go through the following process.

1. cd ~/Downloads (assuming saved in Downloads folder, otherwise where you saved it)
  2. chmod u+x ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.0.12.run
  3. OR if 64bit version: chmod u+x ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.13.1.run
  4. ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_x86-3.0.12.run
  5. OR if 64bit version: ./TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64-3.0.13.1.run
  6. Press enter to view the user agreement
  7. Press Q to leave the user agreement
  8. Type Yes to create the folder (named TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_xxxxxx)
  9. Open the folder, Run program called ts3client_linux_x86 or ts3client_linux_amd64
All of this is just to make it so that the file will actually run, which hopefully is quite obvious, is a lot of work to go through just to install a single program for communication.
I said the chat function was useful. I just suggested using TeamSpeak.
And the fact that it has been suggested many times before, can you not argue against.
Rating me disagree because i came up with an suggestion, isn't nice.
And to the linux thing. Linux is for nerds, don't use linux if yoiu can't use a terminal or can get a friend to do those things. (This is why i am still on Windows)

I said the chat function was useful. I just suggested using TeamSpeak.
And the fact that it has been suggested many times before, can you not argue against.
Rating me disagree because i came up with an suggestion, isn't nice.
And to the linux thing. Linux is for nerds, don't use linux if yoiu can't use a terminal or can get a friend to do those things. (This is why i am still on Windows)
I apologize, I wasn't meaning to come across as rude. And I do agree with you on how the chat function would be useful. I just was trying to further support my clause.

Again, I'm sorry.:(