Crafts Guild Ostwin Werner's Library

soggytoenails

Decogator
Reaction score
OWL Banner.webp

Welcome to Ostwin Werner's Library!

2023-09-19_22.13.29.webp 2023-09-19_22.13.42.webp 2023-09-19_22.14.14.webp 2023-09-19_22.14.23.webp
/tp Regalia. Go straight. First building on the LEFT before the white arch.
OWL_Directions.png
About
Ostwin Werner's Library is an active organization of Librarians, Scholars, and Knowledge-Seekers that provide library services to the city. It is owned and managed by Head Librarian, Neiban (@SoulCircuit).

"Ostwin Werner's Library is a place of learning, innovation, and creativity—a place for sharing ideas and building them into something that will improve Regalian lives. Whether that be researching alchemical technology, writing the next classic novel, or advocating for law revision, my goal as Head Librarian is to support you in pursuing your endeavors."
— Neiban, Head Librarian
What we Offer
  • Casual, drop-in roleplay, 2–3 times a week, between 10:00pm–11:00pm EST.
  • In-character roleplay tasks/assignments handed out by leadership (optional).
  • Participation in long-term story arcs (optional).
  • Invitation to our community Discord.
Stances
  • Law: Law-abiding.
  • Government: Pro-government.
  • Occultism: Tolerant of legal occultism.
  • Religion: Open to lawful religions.
Recruitment

Ostwin Werner's Library is hiring Librarians, Guards, and Custodians. Contact @SoulCircuit (Discord: SoulCircuit) to get involved.

Last edited:
Early in the morning an envelope would arrive, sealed with pink wax, a small wildflower pressed in the middle.

Greetings, to a Miss Gertrude,
I have looked at your recent positions for the scholarly academy, and hold great interest. Even though I don't hold every great knowledge of the world, I find your quiet atmosphere you offer in the workplace very appealing. If you'd be so obliged to allow me a meeting, or hire me into your academy, I'd be honored.

From overworked hands,
Sera Lucille de Pierre of the Bloodcast Order.

hire me i want library rp points gun

At some point a letter would find itself pristinely on one of the many desks of the Scholar Academy, folded carefully and written in delicate, magenta ink. A gentle pink shimmer dusts the rose-colored seal, in place of an official stamp.

To Miss Getrude J. Hoffman,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and in good spirits. I have heard a measure about your acceptance of new scholars, librarians, and aides to the Regalian Scholar Society, and I couldn't help but be interested in the chance to help others find knowledge. I find your philosophies both admirable and noble, and I'd love to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

Whilst my knowledge does not extend deeply into every field of research, I would like to consider myself more than well-versed in the fields of astronomy, philosophy, arcanology, mineralogy, and certain sects of history. I aspire to expand all that I do not know, though, and to help others in learning things that they wish to learn more about. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Signed,
Naviri Ag Renai,
Of the Watchers of the Sundered Sky

Early in the morning an envelope would arrive, sealed with pink wax, a small wildflower pressed in the middle.

Greetings, to a Miss Gertrude,
I have looked at your recent positions for the scholarly academy, and hold great interest. Even though I don't hold every great knowledge of the world, I find your quiet atmosphere you offer in the workplace very appealing. If you'd be so obliged to allow me a meeting, or hire me into your academy, I'd be honored.

From overworked hands,
Sera Lucille de Pierre of the Bloodcast Order.

hire me i want library rp points gun

At some point a letter would find itself pristinely on one of the many desks of the Scholar Academy, folded carefully and written in delicate, magenta ink. A gentle pink shimmer dusts the rose-colored seal, in place of an official stamp.

To Miss Getrude J. Hoffman,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and in good spirits. I have heard a measure about your acceptance of new scholars, librarians, and aides to the Regalian Scholar Society, and I couldn't help but be interested in the chance to help others find knowledge. I find your philosophies both admirable and noble, and I'd love to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

Whilst my knowledge does not extend deeply into every field of research, I would like to consider myself more than well-versed in the fields of astronomy, philosophy, arcanology, mineralogy, and certain sects of history. I aspire to expand all that I do not know, though, and to help others in learning things that they wish to learn more about. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Signed,
Naviri Ag Renai,
Of the Watchers of the Sundered Sky

upload_2023-2-22_11-48-37.webp

Gertrude sipped away at her Schwarztee that was poured into this week's Tuesday's tea cup. In the dim yellow glow of the bell-shaped lantern, she dipped her quill into the ink well, placed a piece of parchment squarely in front, and drafted her next set of letters at the prime time of 8pm. It was one hour past her bedtime, according to the pastor boy that had come to remind her of her evening prayers to the Everwatcher.

[!] Envelopes sealed with the Scholar Academy's wax stamp were sent off the next morning by horsemen before the sun peaked over the pointy Regalian rooftops and white-brick apartment buildings.
To the honorable Sera Lucille de Pierre,

Your interest and history of hard work in the Bloodcast Order does not go unnoticed. The Scholar Academy would be more than happy to employ you. Attached to this letter, you will find a horse carriage ticket to take you to the Scholar Academy this evening. Please arrange your schedule accordingly and bring an umbrella for the spring-time rain.

Most sincere,
Gertrude J. Hoffmann
[!] A thin cursive signature is placed here!
To Naviri Ag Renai,

Your humility and aptitude for learning is a pleasant surprise. The Scholar Academy welcomes you, and you will find a carriage ticket inside this envelope. Please make arrangements in your schedule accordingly and dressed for the spring-time rain. Be wary of the pot-holes on the cobble streets. It may be a bit of a adventurous ride.

Warm regards,
Gertrude J. Hoffmann
[!] A cursive signature is scrawled here!

In the afternoon a crinkled envelope was delivered to the desk of Miss Hoffman, closed rather haphazardly and scrawled with loose and quick cursive in black ink.

Dear Miss Gertrude J. Hoffman,

Though my knowledge is not extensive, I write to you in sought of an assistance position at the Scholar Academy in interest for improvement of the self and helping others do the same. Beneath this atmosphere, I do hope to see others thrive and find themselves in the quiet nature of the academy without interruption from their surroundings in whichever knowledge they pursue. With that said, in current skillset I am well-versed in methods of entertainment and craftsmanship if that would ever be needed to be sought out by another; it is not the most practical in perspective of a scholar, but I do hope that it could be of service.

A letter arrives on cheap paper but with careful penmanship.

Dear Miss Gertrude,

I'm a newcomer to the city and a recent graduate from apprenticeships in medicine, curing, exorcism, and several artisan trades. I'm a firm believer in the principles of God Emperor Juvin and, though I've been at sea for much of the last year, desire to extend my carpentry and academic knowledge to your organization. I've little experience with library work but I have good experience repairing book shelves, masonry, and creating things such as curtains and carpets.

I also am fluent in a few languages and am working on learning several more.

From,
Izzdar Chrstopher Rashida​

In the afternoon a crinkled envelope was delivered to the desk of Miss Hoffman, closed rather haphazardly and scrawled with loose and quick cursive in black ink.

Dear Miss Gertrude J. Hoffman,

Though my knowledge is not extensive, I write to you in sought of an assistance position at the Scholar Academy in interest for improvement of the self and helping others do the same. Beneath this atmosphere, I do hope to see others thrive and find themselves in the quiet nature of the academy without interruption from their surroundings in whichever knowledge they pursue. With that said, in current skillset I am well-versed in methods of entertainment and craftsmanship if that would ever be needed to be sought out by another; it is not the most practical in perspective of a scholar, but I do hope that it could be of service.
A letter arrives on cheap paper but with careful penmanship.

Dear Miss Gertrude,

I'm a newcomer to the city and a recent graduate from apprenticeships in medicine, curing, exorcism, and several artisan trades. I'm a firm believer in the principles of God Emperor Juvin and, though I've been at sea for much of the last year, desire to extend my carpentry and academic knowledge to your organization. I've little experience with library work but I have good experience repairing book shelves, masonry, and creating things such as curtains and carpets.

I also am fluent in a few languages and am working on learning several more.

From,
Izzdar Chrstopher Rashida​

upload_2023-2-22_11-48-37-png.180182

An old Wirtem lady, called Miss Gertrude by the children that frequented Ostwin's library, yawned to herself in the golden-orange glow of the melting candles. She looked through the day's envelopes, one that was particularly wrinkly and the other that was supplied from a low-quality paper mill.

[!] Envelopes stamped with a wax seal in the shape of a scholarly owl were sent off before daybreak, delivered by stoic, hard-working horsemen.

To the honorable Lady Mie Vikstrom,

Any aristocrat from the esteemed House Vikstrom is welcome at our doors. Since our last meeting, I hope to see you again with more horse carriages lined up, awaiting to take you here.

Sincerely,
Miss Gertrude J. Hoffmann
Dear Faithful Traveler Izzdar,

It sounds like you have a large breadth of experiences to draw from. Many Regalians would be eager to hear your tales during out storytelling circles. I am also certain that we will be receiving plenty of books in need of repair these coming months. Please use the horse carriage voucher in this envelope and request for a carriage master to take you to the Scholar Academy. Ostwin Werner's Library operations are there until paperwork is sorted for new building applications.

A colourfully dressed Sihai stops by the Library in the early hours of the morning and leaves a letter at the reception. The letter is written on the backside of a flyer, advertising the latest in hair products, and held together with a red ribbon.

Dear Miss Gertrude,
I am new to Regalia and a warrior by trade, but I have spent many years doing several smaller physical crafts, such as pottery and woodwork in the eastern lands. While my own scolarly knowledge is less than extensive I find myself longing for the kind of quiet solitude and reflection that can grand me the opportunity to educate myself in ways I have not yet had the chance to.

I offer my employment, my skills and my protection to your honourable establishment, if you would have me.

P.s. I apologise for my choice of paper, as I cannot yet afford to buy any. However the conditioner advertised is very good and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

- Qiyin Yiado

A young Maquixtl heads into the Library one morning, leaving a letter on the reception desk. The letter is written on a weathered paper, with florals painted along the edges.

Dear Library Staff,
I write this letter in hopes it finds whomever handles the job applications at this wonderful library.
I am new to Regalia, and am very passionate about literature and learning, so I knew this would be the perfect place to look for employment. For skills, I am a painter, and I journal in my free time. This would be my first job aside from farm work at my parents' fields. I hope this letter finds you well, and you would consider my application.

~Rilyn Faelynna

A colourfully dressed Sihai stops by the Library in the early hours of the morning and leaves a letter at the reception. The letter is written on the backside of a flyer, advertising the latest in hair products, and held together with a red ribbon.

Dear Miss Gertrude,
I am new to Regalia and a warrior by trade, but I have spent many years doing several smaller physical crafts, such as pottery and woodwork in the eastern lands. While my own scolarly knowledge is less than extensive I find myself longing for the kind of quiet solitude and reflection that can grand me the opportunity to educate myself in ways I have not yet had the chance to.

I offer my employment, my skills and my protection to your honourable establishment, if you would have me.

P.s. I apologise for my choice of paper, as I cannot yet afford to buy any. However the conditioner advertised is very good and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

- Qiyin Yiado
A young Maquixtl heads into the Library one morning, leaving a letter on the reception desk. The letter is written on a weathered paper, with florals painted along the edges.

Dear Library Staff,
I write this letter in hopes it finds whomever handles the job applications at this wonderful library.
I am new to Regalia, and am very passionate about literature and learning, so I knew this would be the perfect place to look for employment. For skills, I am a painter, and I journal in my free time. This would be my first job aside from farm work at my parents' fields. I hope this letter finds you well, and you would consider my application.

~Rilyn Faelynna

upload_2023-2-22_11-48-37-png.180182

[!] Your letters arrived with a basket of assorted pastries and a one-way carriage ticket to Ostwin Werner's Library. It was early in the morning before most Regalians got up to water their balcony planters in the newly risen apartment buildings and their shiny windows. The courier boy tipped his hat toward you, wished you a warm, Unionist blessing, and carried on with his wagon of parcels and paper mail.

To Miss Yiado of the Eastern Lands,

I enjoyed reviewing the flyer's marketed items and your thoughtfully composed letter. Please enjoy the complimentary pastries and the herbology books that you have borrowed. See you soon.

Most sincere,
Gertrude J. Hoffmann
Caretaker of Ostwin Werner's Library
To the passionate painter, Miss Faelynna,

Your optimism for learning and literature is exciting. Please come find us at Ostwin Werner's Library, currently situated in New Town, and we will help you settle into your first official job in Regalia. Enjoy the complimentary pastries with strawberry jam. You will also find a carriage ticket that will take you directly to us. Dress warm. It seems to rain a lot by the library.

Sincerely,
Gertrude J. Hoffmann
Cartaker of Ostwin Werner's Library

Location change! We are now located at Almscourt3.

To get there, use /tp Regalia and go straight toward the market stands. We are the corner building on the left.

Directions to Ostwin Werner's Library 2.webp

Hiring Notice!

Ostwin Werner's Library is HIRING assistants, knowledgeable in ANY of the following areas:
  • Religious Studies
  • Ancient Civilizations
  • Archaeology & History
  • Ecology/General Science
Send letter to Gertrude J. Hoffman for work (Reply below with an IC letter!)

Early in the morning, a young man enters the library and places a letter on the reception desk. The letter is written on aged paper and carefully folded to present it in the most respectable manner possible.

Dear Miss Hoffman,

I hope this finds you well.

As a newcomer to Regalia, I am eager to immerse myself in the city's vibrant political and literary scenes. I believe this job opening is the perfect opportunity for me, despite my limited knowledge and experience. I am committed to contributing what I can and am dedicated to learning and growing in my role.

May you continue in good health and good spirits

- Wiscar A. Manard