Shelved Character Orm

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SorryNari, Nov 20, 2022.

1. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

Character Information
    • Full Name: Orm
    • Heritage / Culture: Urlan
    • Gender / Pronouns: Male, He/Him
    • Occult: None
    Core Concept
    Orm is a gentle, introverted Urlan who struggles to find a place in society. Conflicted between two wants, and confused by the inherent duality of his nature, he aimlessly wanders in search of reassurance and peace in himself. His preference for living in the woods makes him an isolated nomad, but Orm's curiosity leads him back to the city.

Appearance Information
    Orm is a towering, tanky green-eyed Urlan with a set of curled horns sprawling from the sides of his head. His body is covered in soft, brown fur while parts of him are patterned with white. Both feet are hooved, giving Orm more of a beastly appearance. The sense of fashion he has changes from time to time, ranging from being well-groomed and fitted in Regal attire, or self-made outfits made up of simple cloth and hides of wild animals hunted down by him.

Attack and Defense Stat
    Strength and Constitution

Hobbies and Talents
    Athletic Hobby

Proficiency
    No CRP for Orm, for now!

Languages
    Common
    Oortaan

Life Story / Plot Hooks
    TBA

• Winner Winner x 5
    #1 SorryNari, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  2. WingedJade

WingedJade Seiros Enthusiast Staff Member Lore1

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SorryNari

4. SorryNari

5. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

This area could use more detail. When writing this section take into account a character’s religious beliefs, reasoning for those beliefs. What their philosophical beliefs may be or lack there of, what niche they occupy and what sort of writing/character trope or archetype that they follow. Like as an example;

Frederick occupies the niche of a down to earth sagely character who is a hedge wizard that specializes in using healing magic with light focused aesthetics. He wanders the land tending to those who may be in need of him, whether it be through seeing to their wounds or protecting a stranger from imminent harm through a well placed magical barrier spell to keep them safe. Where faith be concerned, Frederick believes in the teachings of the Estellon and is faithful to their cause, specifically drawing his own inspiration from Mana who teaches kindness and compassion. His beliefs and practices have over the years molded his philosophy to be more in touch with pacifism, as all life deserves to live and be given a chance.

Less is not more here, while shortened things are easier to write. Having this section really fleshed out helps prolong the longevity and writing of a character. Don’t withhold going into detail in this section.

This information can be further expanded upon under visual information to tie into their concept. To continue the example, let’s say Frederick wears brown simple robes that are rugged and worn and often adorned in vials filled with alchemy or other herbal pouches on his person and he carries with him a roughly hewn walking stick or staff. This immediately sells his niche at a face value and ties into the core concept of the character.

This could use a lot more detail, at least three sentences minimum. What does your character wear? In what style? For what reason? Physical design and what a character chooses to wear plays a significant role in their design and how they come across to other characters. Say for example my character wears some rugged leather and linen robes with a hood and mask constantly with alchemical vials across their person. This immediately sells what their niche is, what their personality is likely going to be like and what interacting with them is probably going to entail.

Or say for example my character is an Urlan who wears a lot of animal pelts, bones and other trophies. You immediately know their concept and niche based upon this. While the clothing itself isn't rigid, the designs are always consistent themes. A rogue will always wear things that tend to identify with the purpose of being a rogue with personal design choices unique to the character, like they might favor the color purple and wear a lot of dark purple.

Some areas could use expansion. I would recommend trying to write at least three sentences at the minimum for each section and explain in detail why certain events occur. Like for example instead of just writing xyz character learns Void magic, elaborate on the specific reasoning for it. What prompted this decision in their life? Who taught them? What sort of magical aesthetics do they follow and why? Born mages for example manifest magic from childhood aesthetics or during emotional events. Say for example a character’s friend is drowning in the river and this causes xyz born mage to have an emotional response. They instinctively make use of their magic to manifest telekinesis to grab their friend and pull them out of the river, or they bend the river away from them using water magic.

Similar threads can be applied to a warrior archetype. Where did they learn to do xyz thing? Who taught them? Was it their parents? A mentor? Did they have a bond with this mentor? So and and so forth.

6. SorryNari

I will clarify it was intentional of me to write Orm this way. There is no niche to sell. There is no trope. I don't want people to automatically know what he's like by reading my app and I also don't want to deny myself opportunities. He's a blank slate, a foundation, for me to build on and have him find what he truly is through roleplay and interactions from different characters. How he carries himself and what he wears is expressed through emotes anyways. Sorry if this comes off as standoffish but I don't want my writing to be seen as less and easy, or that him as a character won't have a lot of longevity, or that I don't know what I'm doing.

I do agree that some parts of his app should be expanded a little more, and I'll tag you again when I'm done with them.

7. SorryNari

8. Caelamus

Approved.

9. SorryNari

Edits made:
    • Edited proficiency
    • Updated lifestory to properly reflect on proficiency, and what he's been up to
    @Caelamus

10. Caelamus

11. SorryNari

I want cat
    • Removed 1 strength, replaced with pet pack
    • IT'S TANK TIME

#11 SorryNari, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  12. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

13. ChapterDeath

@SorryNari Hey more of a formatting thing on my part, can you list the original investment separate from the Urlan bonuses from Big Body. So with your STR investment for example can you make it 5 (+1 Big Body 1) as an example. Next thing is make some note of religious beliefs or outlook in Core Concept. Do that and you should be set.

14. SorryNari

I think I did it right? @ChapterDeath

15. ChapterDeath

16. SorryNari

17. ChapterDeath

18. SorryNari

Changed his proficiency and altered his life story
    @ChapterDeath

19. ChapterDeath

Approved @SorryNari I look forward to the next Orm hat trick in soccer.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  20. SorryNari

21. ChapterDeath