Archived Old Regalia

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrilledCheese2

Potato in a sock
Reaction score
So I came up with this idea when someone asked what mekkets used to be. So my idea is one week a year the staff brings back the old Regalia city. It would kinda be like a tribute to it. It would be back from 2 years ago the city. So... this is my idea...

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Perhaps I only speak for myself, but I don't hold great sentimental value for any particular version. Considering the constant change of the map, it's hard to isolate a single version.

So I came up with this idea when someone asked what mekkets used to be. So my idea is one week a year the staff brings back the old Regalia city. It would kinda be like a tribute to it. It would be back from 2 years ago the city. So... this is my idea...
I think this would take quite the amount of work, and be rather confusing. Imagine new players that might join that day; Regalia is already confusing [Admit it, you've gotten lost at /some/ point], but then the next day having a completely different one appear? What a disaster that would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a hell of a lot of work for the moderators to do, just to pay tribute. I think it's more appropriate to just have a small memorial in honour of it if they were to do something like this. Nice out-side of the box thinking though.

While this sounds interesting, I agree with Suzzie that it wouldn't be the best. But, to be honestly I think that would be cool if we're not considering the downs of it, I'd actually like to experience a small blast to the past of possibly the version of Regalia that had the underground city still. I'd imagine if this would happen, that most people would actually act as if it was in the past.
Which, would mean.. oh lord.
old eighteen year old Alea would be back.

But yeah, that sounds cool. But as mentioned before, it would be difficult. I could imagine if they tried to do that, they might throw down another world instead for it.

The only problem with this idea is that, to my knowledge, the staff do not keep older versions of the same world of Regalia. In the past, they have only really built off of the same world. This Regalia map has probably been the one that was used roughly two years ago, back in ages of the oldest Crimson Inquisition. So, the Regalia you see at the moment, theoretically, IS the old Regalia.

I wish this would be possible, to see the old tavern with the gambling room, but it's impossible.

As amazing as it would be to run about in old Regalia like old times and remember the small details that amazed me almost two years ago, as @suzzie2 stated, it would take quite some time out of the already busy day of the staff. It would be rather difficult for everyone, new players and old players together. In character wise it would be /very/ confusing as of why suddenly the world has changed. I mean, I'd /love/ to go back to the Paragon Bar or to the under city that once was hidden beneath Regalia. Though sometimes its best to keep some things buried.

Fairly certain we don't even have the old version. The Regalia you see now /is/ the old version, it's just been built on top of. Regalia V1 has just been edited and edited constantly, changed and reshaped. Current Regalia is just.. grown up Old Regalia. Regalia V2 on the other hand.. huehue.

We have an old version. I just don't see why a steaming pile of shit has any novelty value.

It would be any version of the old regalia.
Sorry, what I mean is that no historical version has any kind of sentimental value because they keep on changing. Thus, there would be no point for me in bringing back an old version.

Why is this sill a thing? I don't see this idea getting off the ground anytime soon. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.