Archived Npc Quest Suggestion Area + Quest Status

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
A separate question suggestion area on the forums would be neat to the people who want to suggest things to add in for the numerous buildings in Regalia. For example, adding in quests for stuff like fishermen, priests, and even schoolteachers. Different problems that could be solved to gain rewards could be added in with those.

Maybe even, when there is a high amount of quests being added in, there could be a ranking list for how many quests everybody does? This way, you can see who completed the most quests. The list would be sorted by how many quests they've done so far before reverting to when they finished that number of quests. For example, let's say Derp completed 1 quest in 1 day, while Herp completed 1 in 2. Then Derp completes 3 more quests in 5 more days, while Herp completes 1 more in 1 day. Then Herp completes 2 more quests in 2 days. At the beginning and middle, Derp had the lead in terms of finishing the quests first, but then Herp caught up and beat him in terms of number and time.

I'd like suggestions on the format to use for quest suggestions posted below. Also, I think that more NPCs would be pretty sweet in Regalia. Maybe fill up that school in the Regalian Plaza with children and a teacher?

~ Imboring56, Cayorion, MonMarty

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This kind of suggestion isn't really compatible with our bulk questing planning. Much like the MMO Secret world, we intend to release seperate non survival world which have batches of 30 to 100 quests that cover a larger story for the area.

This kind of suggestion isn't really compatible with our bulk questing planning. Much like the MMO Secret world, we intend to release seperate non survival world which have batches of 30 to 100 quests that cover a larger story for the area.
Ok, got it. What about the second suggestion in this thread? Also, maybe having a list of available quests in the world with names of whom to start the quest from? Maybe requirements for different quests, like completing one to get to the other or by having a certain amount of items or skill levels?

I'm not sure how the quest logbook works, I haven't been that fully involved with the development so I cannot make any statements on that.

So, there will be no quests in Regalia? Seems like a waste, the island is barely even explored and is useless and empty. I would think there would be plenty of room to add instances for quests.

So, there will be no quests in Regalia? Seems like a waste, the island is barely even explored and is useless and empty. I would think there would be plenty of room to add instances for quests.
We will have a few quests in Regalia but as MonMarty stated the main focus will be new dedicated quest maps.

Will there be a main questline? As in all the quests are tied in together? Or is it just random quests

We will have a few quests in Regalia but as MonMarty stated the main focus will be new dedicated quest maps.
Will there be a main questline? As in all the quests are tied in together? Or is it just random quests
That's exactly the reason why I think requirements on a quest(s) should be had. You don't want people jumping to the final storyline battle or adventure, you want them to start from the beginning and take it slow.

There should be two different quest groups: Primary and Secondary. Primary are quests required to move along through the storyline, while secondary are just quests to earn rewards and to boast about. This way you can have little adventures helping individuals with their own small problems, or you can work toward achieving and understanding a larger concept.

Cayorion, MonMarty

Status
Not open for further replies.