Notice From The Commons Commissioner: Temples And Protests

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by AlphaInsomnia, Mar 28, 2024.

1. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

From the Desk of the Commons Commissioner:

Per request of one miss Ishika regarding the Dragon Temple, now Victory Plaza, and in response to the recent protests outside of the All-Beacon Temple, regrettably the temple has been demolished as many are now aware. Unfortunately, this announcement comes after the initial demolition, as I struggled to find a way to gently write what is, undoubtedly and now obviously a very sensitive issue, the legal faith of the loyal peoples of the Empire.

In plain terms, the temple was in a significant state of disrepair, so much so that repair was nigh impossible, and demolition was the easiest and safest path forward, especially considering the existence of another dragon temple in the countryside. In failing to pen this announcement sooner, protest of the demolition and for a new place of worship for the dragon worshippers has commenced, which is not unfounded. The destruction of the Fornoss temples some number of years ago also inspired protests in which I personally took part in, and I would be a hypocrite to condemn the present situation. I urge all protestors to remain within the confines of the law, and keep their activities peaceful while the matter is looked in to.

I have spoken with some of the protestors, heard the complaints, and will forward these through the appropriate channels to the best of my ability to do so.

~Kaya Akersdottir Sorenvik
    Grafin of Billund

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 AlphaInsomnia, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024