Implemented (non Urgent) Replacement Of Worldedit

Discussion in 'Factions' started by CnocBride, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

So, this has probably been suggested before and I presume some of the world staff have already heard of this plugin but there is a neat plugin called FastAsyncWorldEdit. This plugin is a neat small trick that relieves the server of load, which WorldEdit is notorious for causing when big edits are made.

I do not know if the plugin is installed on the survival servers for World Staff to use or on Regalia but I believe it would make a good addition on to Creative to reduce server load. I understand Creative doesn't cause much lag but why not take advantage of a free plugin that helps reduce lag on regularly used actions.

I myself do not use Creative much but I'm doing this on behalf of my faction members and other server members to try and help the community.

If this has already been suggested my bad!

Spigot link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/fast-async-worldedit-voxelsniper.13932/

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

sounds great for when @Kryptak crashes the creative every few days

• Immersive Immersive x 2
  3. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

This plugin looks really impressive, but I'd have to investigate more when I come back from my holiday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

rip Kryptak

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

From personal experience, as I used to run a small (like, 20-30 players average) server with a pretty crap host: This plugin saved my life so many times, but it does present some issues. Namely, sometimes for large edits, it can take ages to finish. You can also toggle it though, so if you think something might lag but wont crash and your in a hurry, you can toggle it off and slap a couple large edits down.

The benefits were pretty much as advertised: pasting things took a bit longer, but it greatly reduced strain on the server and even nearby players didn't have to deal with FPS drops as badly.

6. CnocBride

Yes it does take a rather long time to complete huge edits which I presume would be rare but the thing is, with WorldEdit this would cause the server to crash, with FAWE the server could keep going it would just take quite a bit for the changes to be registered but this of course been tested on a small, shared hosting and of course Massive is on dedicated hosting which means it has far more resources.

I would advise thorough testing of this plugin is performed heavily by staff and players before it is to be considered for introduction on to the server.

7. 4tv

4tv Not Registered

This looks super duper nice. I have some some testing on my own, test server, and it looks fantastic. Full rep from me.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag

POGCHAMP

9. CnocBride

@MonMarty I was talking with a some friends about their experiences in creative on Massivecraft and how they’ve accidentally crashed the Creative server. This plugin should amend most of those problems and reduce lag significantly. Are you still considering this for a test run?

10. MonMarty

There's a lot of reports on the Dev that this plugin causes its own unique crashes, at least last time I looked.

11. CnocBride

Oh right. I've never experienced any but that was in different circumstances.

12. MonMarty

This plugin seems a lot more stable and is currently underway to MassiveCraft.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.