Archived Non-premiums Can't Craft Diamond Armor?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

favoured

Pink Fluffy Unicorn
Reaction score
Faction
Zion
Ok so my brother, who some of you might know as davidr64ytfan100, was crafting some diamond armor to enchant and sell a few minutes ago. When he tried to craft it, the server told him that non-premiums can't craft diamond armor! Why the heck can't non-premiums craft diamond armor! I know we can't wear it, but what about selling enchanted armor? Or just selling plain diamond armor to premiums. If you want to craft armor for your premium friend, you used to be able to just get some diamond and craft the armor for him/her. Now you have to be premium to CRAFT diamond armor? The funny thing, there's really no reason for this to be implemented, and it'd probably just annoy the premiums when people spam them asking them to craft diamond armor. Seriously, what's the reason behind this?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, it helps to keep the newer players from crafting it, realizing they cant wear it, then ragequitting, forever.

Ok so my brother, who some of you might know as davidr64ytfan100, was crafting some diamond armor to enchant and sell a few minutes ago. When he tried to craft it, the server told him that non-premiums can't craft diamond armor! Why the heck can't non-premiums craft diamond armor! I know we can't wear it, but what about selling enchanted armor? Or just selling plain diamond armor to premiums. If you want to craft armor for your premium friend, you used to be able to just get some diamond and craft the armor for him/her. Now you have to be premium to CRAFT diamond armor? The funny thing, there's really no reason for this to be implemented, and it'd probably just annoy the premiums when people spam them asking them to craft diamond armor. Seriously, what's the reason behind this?

I actually think its a very good idea they can't craft diamond armor. My reasoning behind this is so that non-premiums don't craft it only to realize they can't wear it. Although it may be a hassle for the few non-premiums that may want to sell enchanted armor, overall I think it is more beneficial to non-prems.

Certainly it helps new players, but still it hurts nonpremiums as a whole. And I will also reference what favored says. They should be allowed to sell whatever they want. People who craft diamond armor will probably have wanted to wear it in the first place, and they'll more likely than not ragequit anyway. No need to stifle the market for people who do not wish to read up on the plugins that the server implements.

Many nonpremiums craft diamond armor thinking they can wear it so they waste their diamonds crafting it.

This change was made fairly recently by Cayorian and was posted on the website. If you, a fairly active player who frequents the forum, didn't get that announcement, then what is the chance that a new player will know that they can't wear diamond armor. If there was a way to send a message saying that non-premiums can not wear diamond armor, do you really want to do this and asking for confirmation, then that would be the best solution. The problem is that chat is not visible while in the crafting table, so this is not feasible.

If you want to push for a change, maybe ask that there be a special crafting table somewhere in Regalia where diamond armor can be crafted by anyone. This might be feasible.

Even though the new ones on the server crafted DiamondArmor even before notice they can't wear it,after knowing non premiums can't wear it they could sell it!!

This hurts not helps the active non-premiums whom are generally the more likable and (yes contrary to popular belief non-donating players can be beneficial) beneficial ones. If you don't want non-premiums to waste their money on diamond and rage-quit have a message when you enter the Medieval universe saying something like "Remember don't blow all your money on over priced spawn diamonds so you can craft diamond armor you cant wear." or because I may be buying a spawn shop just tell them the second part. :D

I think it is a good idea, mainly because if you are experienced enough to be able to generate level 30 enchants on diamond armor to sell to premiums, then you most likely know a premium or two that would be willing to craft it for you. I actually like this idea, and I am glad it was implemented.

I do not like it. It is kinda like a PvP server. You have to donate to get anything really good witch is annoying. Plus if you do not have at least 1 premium in you're faction you are done for. :/ I am donating soon tho but I still think this is stupid. It's not helping the server at all. No new player = bad ratings. Plus if we new members rage quit shops would be well un needed :/

So now premiums have 21 advantages over nonprems instead of just 20... I give up on having premiums balanced -_-

Massivecraft as a concept could not have become what it is today without the donations from the playerbase. The money generated from the premium feature is what keeps Massivecraft running every month and keeps Cayorion supplied so he can continue to make it a better server for us all.

If you would like Massivecraft to revert into being a max 50 player server with lag and less features then removing premium or certain features attached to premium then that is what you'll end up with. And you don't want that....do you?

Massivecraft as a concept could not have become what it is today without the donations from the playerbase. The money generated from the premium feature is what keeps Massivecraft running every month and keeps Cayorion supplied so he can continue to make it a better server for us all.

If you would like Massivecraft to revert into being a max 50 player server with lag and less features then removing premium or certain features attached to premium then that is what you'll end up with. And you don't want that....do you?

I think we all understand the concept of rewarding those who are involved in the financial side of a business, which in a sense Massivecraft is. However, majority of us look at it this way, the idea of this server is to create a Medieval Role-play. As Mecharic has previously suggested a few weeks back, why can't the "rewards" be less based around features like PVP bonuses (which are quite large for premiums) and more on the side of Role-play.
Like, more action featurs, E.g Punch, Laugh, Dance - all plugins, And maybe add features not already added to Minecraft like a more advanced potions? or a package when you donate, E.g A pair of Diamond armor, A Sword with a certain enchantment and the name thanking the player for donatings.
This allows the bonus to be still quite significant but less unbalanced, and allows non-premiums to enjoy the game until the time they choose to be premium (You wouldn't buy the shoe without trying it on first).

I think we all understand the concept of rewarding those who are involved in the financial side of a business, which in a sense Massivecraft is. However, majority of us look at it this way, the idea of this server is to create a Medieval Role-play. As Mecharic has previously suggested a few weeks back, why can't the "rewards" be less based around features like PVP bonuses (which are quite large for premiums) and more on the side of Role-play.
Like, more action featurs, E.g Punch, Laugh, Dance - all plugins, And maybe add features not already added to Minecraft like a more advanced potions? or a package when you donate, E.g A pair of Diamond armor, A Sword with a certain enchantment and the name thanking the player for donatings.
This allows the bonus to be still quite significant but less unbalanced, and allows non-premiums to enjoy the game until the time they choose to be premium (You wouldn't buy the shoe without trying it on first).

This point has been made before, and the reply that was posted as a response every single time was that diamond armor was a HUGE reason for why people bought premium, so if they removed it, they would lose a huge part of their premiums.

I advise you to read all previous premiums discussions.

This point has been made before, and the reply that was posted as a response every single time was that diamond armor was a HUGE reason for why people bought premium, so if they removed it, they would lose a huge part of their premiums.

I advise you to read all previous premiums discussions.

I have actually followed majority of these discussions, and what I'm suggesting is to come up with something new that people may enjoy buying premium for.

For Pete's Sake BBB, can't you see that this "benefit" that I'm proposing to be given to non-premiums is minor to say the least? I just want the ability to CRAFT diamond armor, not WEAR diamond armor. How would letting both premiums and non-premiums craft diamond armor turn ANY premiums off Massive?

For Pete's Sake BBB, can't you see that this "benefit" that I'm proposing to be given to non-premiums is minor to say the least? I just want the ability to CRAFT diamond armor, not WEAR diamond armor. How would letting both premiums and non-premiums craft diamond armor turn ANY premiums off Massive?

I think that this change is made to help non-premiums, not the other way around.

Yes Tuxyz, but a lot of people sell enchanted armor, and this feature makes it so they have to get a premium to craft them diamond armor before enchanting it, forcing non-premiums to rely on premiums if they want to sell any enchanted armor. It's basically making it so its harder for non-premiums to sell enchanted armor, which is a very profitable good.

Sahrotaar, this thread is about getting back the ability to craft diamond armor, not to wear it.

Moved to Feature and Idea Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.